• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
It has come to my attention and many others as well that recently, we have been having more activity in the Jiggs boards. With this increased activity, we have actually achieved some productivity as shown by this thread. With a sudden increase in activity, I believe we can actually become productive again. Before there is a misunderstanding, I am aware that Jigglypuff is a rather hopeless character with little room for improvement.

Since I believe there is actually a chance for these boards to become productive again, there are certain thread I believe should either be created or revived. These threads are:

*A new Jigglypuff match-up discussion thread.
*A new stage discussion thread.
*A Jigglypuff tourney results thread.
*A Jigglypuff video archive thread.

For the match-up thread, I believe we should have the main index thread with a MU chart, discussion schedule, threads dedicated to specific match-ups, etc. For the stage discussion, I have the same format in mind as the MU's. For the tourney results thread, I believe we should have a section for offline tourneys and online tourneys. For the video thread, I believe we should accept any Jiggs videos, whether it be a tourney match, MM, friendly, even instuctional videos. I will accept any thoughts for what should be done as long as it is within reason.

tl;dr There is a chance to revive these boards and we should take advantage of it.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Why did you make this? Meta made a thread just like this recently.

If we were motivated to become active here we would have done it by now.

I recommend you close this soon because all its going to attract is spam.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Cool story bro. You've been on this "revival" soapbox for a month now; we get it already.

Even if I spent the time and effort into reviving half of the threads you mentioned, it wouldn't matter since they would just die again.

Cold Fusion

If we were motivated to become active here we would have done it by now.
The thing is that some people have actually shown interest in becoming more active again. either that or I am just crazy.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
The thing is that some people have actually shown interest in becoming more active again. either that or I am just crazy.
I would love to see this place active again, however I, as well as a lot of people, don't want to exert any effort to do it.

It almost seems like a lost cause, but if you somehow pull it together i'd be more willing to help.

Cold Fusion

I would love to see this place active again, however I, as well as a lot of people, don't want to exert any effort to do it.

It almost seems like a lost cause, but if you somehow pull it together i'd be more willing to help.
I was not planning on having one person run everything, rather multiple people running different threads. That should require much less work and effort per person.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
The whole "omg revival" is nice and all but I honestly doubt it'll continue to be active. Veril has tried this in the past and failed, we could attempt to restore life here buuuuut I'm pretty sure majority of the people(myself included) don't have a hope for this board.

Cold Fusion

we could attempt to restore life here buuuuut I'm pretty sure majority of the people(myself included) don't have a hope for this board.
To be honest, even I don't have much hope for the Jigglypuff boards. I just wanted to know what the people remaining in these boards though about reviving this place.

Good luck finding people who actually still use jigglypuff seriously
As far as I know, Vanz is one of the only ones that matter. I do not know about Thinkaman and Framerate though.

Cia

das kwl
I call Match Up Thread ^_^

and to my knowledge, G-reg still plays puff too

BTW, what happened Airgemini being a mod here? He's the only one that even checks this board and without him, all types of crap will show up =/

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Yes!

We should have different members hosting different threads (Matchups, stage discussion) so that one guy doesn't have to manage 4+ threads.

BTW, what happened Airgemini being a mod here? He's the only one that even checks this board and without him, all types of crap will show up =/
He quit modding the boards.

Susa is our mod but he doesn't come here as often as he used to.

Cold Fusion

Yes!

We should have different members hosting different threads (Matchups, stage discussion) so that one guy doesn't have to manage 4+ threads.
Precisely what I was planning. This will alleviate any stress about running multiple threads.

highfive

Smash Lord
I am willing to create graphics for the MU charts and other such nonsense since I have a bit of skill with GIMP.

Top Bottom