• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REVIVAL Unofficial Project M Young Link [Fierce Deity Transformation] Screenshots!

Moveset First Release

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Young Link, the masked warrior, storms into Smash with new features and abilities. He has completely redesigned fighting style, relying on combos to rack up percent. His combo game is absolutely crazy, one attack can start a combo that lasts until the opponent's death. But if an attack opportunity is missed, he can get punished hard. His weight is low, meaning even at lower percents he can still be knocked across the stage like a sandbag. But don't think he's defenseless, because he packs a punch. Young Link's extraordinary combo game and speed makes it hard to hit him. To some slower opponents, it might seem like he is just a moving hitbox. But Young Link has a lack of kill power, and his best option is to gimp opponents, and to finish them with his flame spike or a well timed aerial near the blast box. But a few attacks can solve this, mainly his smashes, launching opponents, instead of setting them up in places for combos. To compliment his apparent lack of defense, his fire arrows and his boomerang will stall the opponent's approach, giving Young Link a chance to escape the situation or start a combo. But don't think he's done yet. His Up-Taunt puts on one of his many masks, which change up some attacks. His first mask, the Mask of Truth, changes up his aerial game, giving him more kill power, sacrificing his combo game in the air. His second mask, the Keaton Mask, changes his air and ground game, replacing his normals and aerials with high-launching moves. This transformation switches his game around completely, making the opponent adjust their playstyle on the fly as you switch masks. The third mask is the Stone Mask, switching his aerials back to the originals to return his combos lost from the higher power kill moves.

If that wasn't enough for you, he has one more trick up his sleeve, his Down-Special. Using it starts charging up a powerful move that will destroy even the toughest of opponents. To use it, you must charge the move for a total of 5 seconds. After charging for one second in a row, you then can cancel the charge, but keep the charge for next use. Every use charges for one second, until hitting the max 5. When you hit five a mask will appear on Young Link's belt. The Fierce Deity's Mask. Press Down-Special when it appears, and he puts on the mask, transforming into the demon known as the Fierce Deity. His attack power is enormous, with each attack almost doubling his original attack's strength. Some attacks still lead into each other, creating huge combos that deal huge percent, easily leading up to a kill. Every sword attack sends out a light disc, dealing no hitstun, but quickly racking up damage making it even easier to land a kill. But don't think he is all that powerful, because he still can be hit and killed.

But I didn't stop there, because he still has a Final Smash. After gaining the Smash Ball, Young Link does a quick transformation into the Fierce Deity. The camera then zooms out, just enough to see the Moon, covered in flames, heading down right towards Fierce Deity Link. He raises his sword, and brings it down, cutting through the Moon as if it was butter. It explodes, sending opponents flying offstage. Not only that, but when the Fierce Deity transformation is in use, he does the same move, but with quicker start up, because he is already transformed.

Attack List
Any attacks not listed are unchanged from PM 3.6 Link.
Aerials
F-Air - Terminian Meteor - Quick, yet powerful move that sends opponents down towards their death.
B-Air - Hylian Reverser - Turns around a performs a quick move that starts or continues a combo.
Up-Air - Quick Strike - Quick attack that sends opponent up towards the blast box.
Down-Air - Flame Spike - Strong attack that launches the opponents down speeding towards the blast box.
Mask of Truth Changes
All aerials have been buffed up, and launch farther.
All aerials are slower, and have a lot more lag behind them.
Playstyle now more based on stronger, and higher power moves, while still able to create combos.
Keaton Mask Changes
All aerials, normals, and smashes have been buffed, and launch farther.
All attacks are slower, and have a lot more lag behind them.
Playstyle now is fully dependent on stronger, and higher power moves, but can't easily create combos.
Stone Mask Changes
All normals and smashes have been buffed, and launch farther.
All normals and smashes are slower, and have a lot more lag behind them.
Playstyle now more based on stronger, and higher power moves, while still able to create combos.

Released Content

So far, no content has been released. Be sure to check back and look for the first release!

The Team
Pyro Gaming - Project Head - PSA Coding
Jmanthesmasher683 - Member - Various
DekZek - Member - Texture Editing, Various
Huarbolo - Member - Recoloring, Various

How to Contribute

Join the Team!
Make attack suggestions to further enhance the moveset
Create a Majora's Mask styled bow, arrow, hookshot model for the moveset, along with a model of a bottle of Lon Lon milk.
PLEASE, IF YOU'RE AN ANIMATOR IN ANY WAY, PLEASE CONTACT ME, I NEED YOU

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
I have been looking forward to this ever since you asked KingJigglypuff about the model swap kind of thing. Gonna keep a close eye on this wish I could help but I can't PSA and I am not very knowledgeable in the LoZ stuff like I want to be so I can't give any attack suggestions.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I'd recommend that until there is a v1 of this released, you should focus on just young link, and then do the Deku/Goron/Zora masks later. So basically, start out small and move to bigger things with the experience you gain.

Also he needs to have his OOT/MM Sword attacks but at the same time also take inspiration from hyrule warriors, since that game gave YL a more complex moveset.

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
At the moment, I have no plans to do the other transformation masks, but a good suggestion. After I get the Final Smash finished, I will release a V1. I want his moveset to be more like his MM and Hyrule Warriors appearance, not OOT because the other two games give more of a focus on Young Link.

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
At the moment, I have no plans to do the other transformation masks, but a good suggestion. After I get the Final Smash finished, I will released a V1. I want his moveset to be more like his MM and Hyrule Warriors appearance, not OOT because the other two games give more of a focus on Young Link.
Good idea, i'd recommend keeping the MM references small for everything except the miscellaneous animations like his taunts, standing animations, etc.. Use the hyrule warriors moves for his normal attacks and specials. I can't think of any good moves to fit into his specials however. And of course you should probably replace all his standing animations in Pm with the ones from MM, more likely the 3ds version because it's possible to rip animations from 3ds games.

Last edited:

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Young Link has progressed far in just the first few days. Most of the attacks, excluding his Final, are all animated and ready to receive their hitboxes. His Final will take a while to get up and working, but will be worth it in the end.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Young Link has progressed far in just the first few days. Most of the attacks, excluding his Final, are all animated and ready to receive their hitboxes. His Final will take a while to get up and working, but will be worth it in the end.
Wow, this project is going places!

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the ideas, but I was not yet planning to give him use of his other transformation masks, only because the Final Smash will take a while to code correctly. As for recolors, do you mean giving him different masks?

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Each costume could replace the Keaton Mask with other masks, in addition to changing the color of Young Link's tunic. Examples would be the Goron(Red), Zora(Blue), Majora(Purple), etc.

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Yes. Each costume could replace the Keaton Mask with other masks, in addition to changing the color of Young Link's tunic. Examples would be the Goron(Red), Zora(Blue), Majora(Purple), etc.
Okay, that's good, but I will also include a version with the Keaton Mask just because I can.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I would prefer it most as a taunt, which gradually (too slow to mean anything in a serious match, 1% each time he plays the Song of Healing) recovers damage. Also, I would prefer using the Goron Transformation as a Down Special, Similar to Sonic's Down B. Just my opinion.

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Do you need help with adding Hitboxes and FX?
Yes, that would be very helpful with the entire moveset, especially the Final Smash. I can't send you the moveset yet, but I will when I can. As for SFX, no, I have a Hyrule Warriors Young Link sound bank already made.

Last edited:

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Can't seem to correctly adapt the model, can anyone help with the project by adapting Pik's Young Link model to Toon Link's skeleton?

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for double post, but due to lack of Young Link model, the moveset will either have a later release date until I get iwantgames's model, or released without a model and without the Final Smash.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
This seems very neat. If you do end up finishing this then I imagine it will be a lot of fun to use with PMex

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Playtesters, playtesters, playtesters, I am in need of playtesters! Comment below and I will add you to a playtesting conversation.

Last edited:

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
ayy lmao

Sign me up!
sign me up aswell!
Sign me up for playtesting
I'd be interested.
*raises hand* All up for it
I'm interested. Sign me up!
Sure :) I'll test it!
I just added everyone of you to the playtesting conversation. And for those who were thinking about playtesting, now it is a little bit late as I got a grand total of 7 playtesters, so I no longer need any more people to test for me.

Top Bottom