• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival Of Salt-USA vs Canada-1000$Pot -

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Gichan and T.O Joe Present:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUIPkHtjv-8&feature=channel_video_title

contact info:email me at joe-96-(@)hotmail dot com, read my blogs at http://itstojoe.blogspot.com or follow me at https://twitter.com/#!/_TOJoe_

Allisbrawl link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12984

Me and Gichan are hosting the first of what we hope to turn into a series of regional events hosted in Canada. No tournament on this side of the border will have the amount of preparation/effort/and most of all HYPE that this tournament is going to bring.

Now some may ask

Mr.ToJoe why are you doing all this and how is it going to get done?

The reason im creating the RoS series is to establish Canada as not only a legitimate Smash region but also show players across the border a scene that has relatively gone unnoticed through most of Brawls lifespan. Additionally,as both players and hosts we want to provide a tournament for the COMMUNITY which aims at nothing more than to serve Brawl fans in and outside of our region.

Mr.ToJoe is MK legal?

Dun Dun Dun. Yes Metaknight WILL be legal. Metaknight does not overcentralize our region, and im really eager to see our best MKs go up against the MK killers of the U.S. Plus didnt you read the tourneys name?

Mr.ToJoe why are you making the tourney thread 3months before the tournament?

If you cant already tell, i want this tourney to be HYPE. Im going to be working as best I can to promote this and make it my goal to be Canadas biggest tourney of 2012. LETS GO!

*********IMPORTANT READ FOR US ENTRANTS**********: To get into Canada you need a passport, these take anywhere between 1-2weeks to get so this gives you plenty of time to come prepared and be ready for February!

Mr.ToJoe why should I come to this tourney?
For the Americans:
  • free venue fee and free housing guaranteed
  • 19 drinking age(danggg)
  • USA vs Canada crews

For the Canadians
  • Chance to hone your skills against East Coast U.S and Canadas best
  • Support your community and represent your country
  • Chill with the coolest motha****as on the planet

For everyone:
This tournament will be livestreamed by the boys at VG Bootcamp! Show love! We will be streaming everything on Sunday Feb5th, so tune in the next day if you cant make it in person!

Link is here! www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

The venue will be held at the Whitby Sports Garden Cafe
500 Victoria Street West Whitby, ON
(905) 430-4327

Tournament date is: February 4th 2012

Bus and Driving directions: -The venue is a five minute walk from Whitby Go-Station, just walk towards the giant hockey arena, inside the arena is a sports cafe and this is the venue.

-If you are coming from hamilton,brampton or toronto, take a bus to Union station and get on the GO-TRAIN for lakeshore-eastbound (Pretty sure its East), Whitby is the secondlast stop and again, then venue is a 5 minute walk.

Housing

Mr.L,Mprime and Googs will be offering housing as they are the legendary Whitby residents. OOC get priority then out of province, then out of region!

-For OoC players driving the venue will have parking no doubt and it is free since it is huge, if you need to park somewhere overnight there is a parking lot around Googs and Mprimes house where you could park for free overnight and its only a 2 minute walk to their housing, and 5 to Mr.L's

Prices and Schedule
Prices

Venue fee: $10 (Free venue for all American entrants)
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)
Spectator: 5$

Payouts:

Patches kind soul is donating a minimum 100$ GUARANTEED POT BONUS! A beer is on me for that one kind sir!:cool:
Remember joe. If I have the funds I'm willing to put up 250 of my own cash moneys to you *****s. So let's see some American attendance for this ****!

:phone:
^ GIVE THE MAN WHAT HE WANTS^^^

Omega Collectables is also offering another 100$ Pot Bonus PLUS a Raffle Prize! Thanks for supporting the scene! We'll make sure to put on a solid event for you :)

http://www.omegacollectables.com/
also give them a like on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Omega-Collectables-Video-Games-and-More/21155184296?ref=ts

A&C Games just announced their sponsorship details! They are going to be contributing to our raffle:
nintendo wii points(2000) card
black classic controller pro
20$ gift card at their store which sells old and new school videogames

like them on facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/acgamesonline

thanks guys!

Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles

1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place: 5%
5th Place: 10$

Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles

1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

All payouts are subject to change at any time without warning.

Schedule/additional rules added

reg at 11:15
reg closes at 11:45
Crews starts at 12:00(hype right away like a boss)
USA vs Canada is Done by 1:00
seeding for doubles and singles + doubles bracket is created by 12:30-45 by Gi/TO Joe while crews are going on
doubles bracket starts at 1:15
when doubles gets to losers-semi finals(predicted for 3:00) announce pools 1-10 on left over setups(numbered by pools)
when doubles get to losers finals announce the remaining 5 pools(predicted for 3:45)
doubles is finished by 5:00
pools finished in 3-4 hours(done around 6-8pm)
pools are tallied,seeding,bracket is made by 8-9
32 man bracket starts at 9:15
Bracket is done by 12-1am LATEST
1-3am - booze brawl and *****es

*note: you have to let GI know when you go for a lunch/dinner break. He will sign you out and give you between 30-45mins pending tourney process,failure to do so will result in 1 set loss every 10minutes you are late if match is called)
If you are 10minutes late once your match is announced, you lose the set* instead of giving a lunch break we believe its better to let players go when they want because players either ignore/arent able to make it for their lunch break)

If caught cheating in pools(forfeiting/manipulating scores you will be DQd)
If you forfeit at any point in the winners/losers bracket(unless you have a legitimate excuse approved by a T.O)you are allowed to continue in losers but lose any amount of money you could have won if you place in the money*

-coaching is allowed between matches, it is banned during-(you can take up to 5minutes between rounds for coaching/general strategical thinking)

The Events

Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
USA vs Canada Crews (5v5 or 7v7 pending on entrants)

Rules

We will be using the Apex 2012 ruleset with a minor change to the stagelist.

Singles Ruleset
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Pause set to “Off”
Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
There is a 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters, except Meta Knight which is 35. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is used for all characters, except Meta Knight with 13. The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganon Suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.

Doubles Ruleset

Team Attack set to “On”
Life stealing is allowed.
In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can no
t determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure

Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
The first match is played.
The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.
Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List
Starters
Battlefield
Lylat
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Seige
Pokemon Stadium 1

Conduct Rules

In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the TO reaches the station, the player that unpaused losses a stock.
Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Any hacks, including (but not limited to) textures, music, and model changes are not allowed.

Attendance List: 88 confirmed(91 total)

ATTENTION: WE WILL THROW IN AN EXTRA POT BONUS + RAFFLE PRIZE ONTOP OF PATCHES 100$ IF WE HIT 80 REGISTERED BEFORE 2012!
Ally
]Mew2King
Vinnie
MJG

Logic
Doom
Will
Blackanese
Nicole
Dazwa

Alphicans
Apostl
GIMR

HolyNightmare
Lights
Croi
Raziek
Attila
White
Lamb
Buenob (Staff)
Martlet (Staff)
Toronto Joe
Gichan
Chris
Johnny
pidgezero
Poke
Patches
Googs
Mprime
Phiddlesticks
Fuddo
XP
KBMX
[YRSF] Tin man
Mr.L
Sauc3
Snowshard
RustyCuntz (spectactor)
Dom
JackofSpades(Chris)
InfiniteV
Riddlebox
Iliad
Meekspeedy
Googs friend 1
Googs friend 2
Rhyme
Rhyme friend 1
Rhyme friend 2
RedX
Suzaku
Mikeys friend 1
Mikeys friend 2
i1337
Crowbar
Zhao Guang
xSkullKd
Looftwaffles
Fishy
Bing
Darkshadow
Mar1
Jen
KongMetal
Avaraice X
ZMX
AL3X
Al3ex friend
Leafshadow
Tdawg
Meowpur
Morks
Ortiz,
Horo,
Crash
Gazon
Wakka
KaosDJ
Kuro_Tsuki /IKCT
.EXE

TVs:
TO Joex6
Mprime x2
Meek x1
Poke x1
Googs x 1
Avarice x1
Riddlebox x 3-4
Gaming Ottawa x7
Croi x1
Raziekx1
Stef x1 (lcd)
Fuddo x1

Gaming Ottawa is generously donating 7 TVs for this tourney. Considering how long a drive it is from Ottawa to Whitby we would like to extend our gratitude to you guys for helping us out!

Tv total: 30 ****ING TVS

WE NEED TVS

Wiis:
TO Joe x2
Pidgezero x1
RedX 1
Mprime x1
BC4629x1
Meek x1
Phiddle x1
Fuddo x1
Poke x1
V115 x1
Patches x1
Avarice x1
Raziekx1
Croix1
Attilax1
Googs x1
Zetsu x1
.EXE
total wiis = 20

WE NEED WIIS

Volunteers/tournament staff:

Ally
Patches
Cruxis
Mprime
Sauce
Buenob
Martlet

^ thankyou so much <3

Additional announcements:

VG Bootcamp will be streaming this event!! Check out their livestream to get an idea of how skilled these boys are. www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
Thats good ****!

We are pleased to announce that on-staff film major and my good friend Chris will be present to film the event for a full-length documentary of the first RoS tournament. He will also be personally interviewing the Top 5 in both singles and doubles. (Note: all of these videos will be uploaded to the soon to be made RoS youtube account www.youtube.com/SSBBRevivalOfSalt

Whaddup guys!

I've been offered a spot on a Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NinBuzz (<- almost 90,000 subscribers) To make videos about specific characters in Brawl. (About their skills, strategies, techs, etc.) Now to bring mad hype to the videos and to the brawl community I'll bring my camera to this tourney and will do some interviews of all the players who are ranked for a character! :)
USA vs Canada crew battle

Something we've all wanted to see but has never actually happened in a Canadian tournament is the USA vs Canada crew battle. With Vinnie as USA's captain and Ally for team Canada this is definitely going to be the most hype part of the tourney.

USA roster
wait til the hype video is released

Canada roster
^^^^^^

This is just a small taste of what the tournament is going to offer. There will be pot bonuses,player sponsorships,livestream partnerships and MUCH MORE on the way.

More announcements and definitely more updates to the thread to come!

http://itstojoe.blogspot.com Follow my blog for miscellaneous updates regarding the tournament and my experiences along the way as we near feb 4th!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
the USA hype

I'm 100% confirmed for this.
See yall nuggahs there!! I just purchased my megabus ticket to this LOLLLLL. Who wants to MM *****es?
ill def go if you did that **** patches lolz

like 100000% chance
Oh word? We in there
im like totally coming to this
Courtesy of your amazing host.... I'M COMING TO THIS ****!!!!!!!!!!!! 100% confirmed
HYPE HYPE HYPE!
it's gonna be my first time in canada so i'm expecting someone to bring me to a bomb club or party *cough cough* taking mm's from every canadian i haven't played before.
/oliswag

can't wait to see canada XD anyone need a teammate btw?

Dayum. Looks like my Brawl tag for that weekend is gonna be "Grope" when we play...
You better get ready to D.I. cause I'mma make sure your % is in the red zone...
(smirk)

no homo
LOL
Also shoutouts to To Joe aka Toe Jam for the tickets <3 I gotta get a passport asap lol.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
this is a very early draft of the tourney thread, just wanted everything written out asap so i could spread the word. Expect a prettier update next week :)

thanks poke!

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I'll see if I can get this in an Article on AiB, hope my Writing is good.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
yo joe please let me help co-host with you and gi please :) :) :) :)

also imma be back so im comin for SUURRREEE

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Article sent in.

What do you think ?

"I've never really done this so..

Here's my best shot.

You've waited for it, you've said that it never happens, you've always wanted to see it happen, we're the underdogs of Smash, Well guess what, Canada is going to host the most hype tourney you'll have ever been to! Canada vs United States and more, Revival of Salt! The biggest smash tourney that's going to be hosted by Canada, I'm not going to go into Details right yet, but!

You have an Entire Three Months to plan for this!
For those of you who are going to end up missing out on Apex, be sure to come down to the great white North to Smash with Canadians.
Not only will it be Smash, but, it's Canada, who doesn't want to come down here ?
Be sure to bring jackets, it may or may not be cold over here, haha.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313996

The Tourney Thread is right there! ^^^^^^^^^^^ Click it, there's one reason you should come down, and that's one of many reason why you shouldn't miss this event.

Canada is so nice. America gets in for free!
Read the thread, we want this tourney to be the most hype thing ever, don't miss it, Canada is stepping up its' game. In 15 days we have another tourney, with Maybes included.. we have 53 People + People confirming on Facebook, meaning, our scene isn't that small, so, come down, get ready and please, don't get frost bite.".

I should make an Image for this too..

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
awesome dude!

and yeah guys since Michelle is really busy if you can help me with banners or tourney images thatd be so good

Cruxis

Smash Lord
make an image of me joe and gi together with the tourney title, thats all we need, our sexiness will attract everyone here

-Googs

Smash Lord
THIS IS GONNA BE HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My hometown! CONFIRM.

My "Home" (My parents place, i've moved out) is a 10 minute bus ride to the venue, plus i'll probably have a car. Closer to the date I can confirm the car. If I have the car i'll be carpooling people with t.v's because no one wants to ride the bus with a t.v, maybe people if i'm nice. :D

I can probably house 2-3 people....but ya gotta be down to drink and be chill...no need to geek-out 24/7.

Joe we better still be teaming

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
hey i cant bring a tv should i bring a wii tho

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
There is a very large (75% or higher) chance of me making this, with or without additional Juice Gaming members. Diem, Ether and possibly a very helpful surprise guest!

I'm gonna be really excited if it turns out that Canada is the next underrated region to break out into the scene.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
am i missing something? siege is in the legal stage list

Top Bottom