• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alukard

Smash Hero
haha ... i dont have the final proof yet for the pic but as soon as i get it i will show u =]

LLDL

Smash Hero
yo alu, make sure that pools is still seperated by location. I would be tight if I had to play eggm or stric because they live right next to me!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Alright, gents. Through a bunch of conversations, it seems I am coming with the help of some truly magnificent friends.

Cube, Melee, Recording Equipment and the HaBCam will all be available.

I do have to ask, and this is important, if someone has a computer that uses XP or older Windows as their OS that would be willing to bring it for me to hook my equipment up to. I'm really not sure that I can lug my laptop the whole way, so if someone could help me out in that regard I'd be super appreciative.

Banks

Smash Hero
i have a netbook that uses XP that i am bringing, but i'm not sure if the specs would be good enough to record without lag...

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
HAB!!! Yessss =D! Don't have a laptop to help you with since I need mine for the same reasons ;__;

Btw, that reminds me.

I just wanted to thank Alukard and everyone else behind ROM1.

I had quit Brawl on a serious level at the end of November last year but still supported local events.

And then I was randomly able to go to ROM.

It definitely lived up to its name and even though I had already held my own small "Melee Revival" tourney in January, this **** really did it for me and I'm glad I never really went back to Brawl after it.

Might seem sappy to some but it was pretty rad how I was in NY for ROM, and HAB [fellow ROB player at the time] had me come over saying we should ROB ditto.

When I got there, we were both like "um...do you want to do that ditto? We don't have to, you know..."

And we just played Melee the whole time, instead.

XD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Might seem sappy to some but it was pretty rad how I was in NY for ROM, and HAB [fellow ROB player at the time] had me come over saying we should ROB ditto.

When I got there, we were both like "um...do you want to do that ditto? We don't have to, you know..."

XD
To be fair, I did have a doctor's appointment that cut our limited time together even shorter, and you did have Junior's Cheesecake. Ness Dittos > ROB dittos.

Which boils down to Melee > Brawl.

Also, you need to get on AIM more, nyugga. I keep trying to talk to you but noooo, you have to fail at being available.

LLDL

Smash Hero
HAB!!! Yessss =D! Don't have a laptop to help you with since I need mine for the same reasons ;__;

Btw, that reminds me.

I just wanted to thank Alukard and everyone else behind ROM1.

I had quit Brawl on a serious level at the end of November last year but still supported local events.

And then I was randomly able to go to ROM.

It definitely lived up to its name and even though I had already held my own small "Melee Revival" tourney in January, this **** really did it for me and I'm glad I never really went back to Brawl after it.

XD

THE BOOT, GIVEM THE BOOT.....OH MY GOd TEH BOOOOOT! HE DID IT

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Also, you need to get on AIM more, nyugga. I keep trying to talk to you but noooo, you have to fail at being available.
B**** I got a business to run! [it's where I'm at right now, too ;__;] and it's an hour away from where I live so by the time I get home it's mad late >_<
THE BOOT, GIVEM THE BOOT.....OH MY GOd TEH BOOOOOT! HE DID IT
LOLLL I'll try and come up with some more inventive stuff to say with an accent.

Though I tried some impromptu commentating with I'veJihadIt and WOWWW it was amazing for the brief few seconds we did that. It was a totally different accent, too.

If someone brown wants to have some actual match discussion in accents at this, that would be awesome XD

_milktea

Smash Lord
AxelSlam (or is it AxeIslam?) + 4 need a room

omnicloud7strife needs a room

The Irish Mafia needs a room

HollaAtchaBoy may need a room

D1 needs a room

JesiahTEG needs a room

Nakamaru + 3 need a room

Those are all the people I recall seeing posts from that need housing.

STEP IT UP PEOPLE. TALK TO EACHOTHER! That's 13 people =D

If you guys get 2 rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn, that's $17.13 PER PERSON after taxes.

If you want to pile all 13 people into one room [LOL], then either get a suite for extra space and potentially less $ per person, or for a standard 2 queen beds room, it'll be $8.57 per person after taxes.

Either of those rates sound pretty bangin [and obviously I'd go with the 2 rooms deal if you can spare the extra 9 bucks :)]

tencharacters.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo are u people blind ... housing is provided soooo easy across the street and everyone can just chip in and spolit rooms with each other ... i mean i dont see wats so hard lol

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
mmmz multiquotes

Also Toasty is too pro at hotels lol :)
Why's it gotta be racial, dawg?
Toasty is the man :).

Super generous and patient.

Can't wait for the weekend guys...:]. Remind me to bring cards so we can play ERS..<3
d'aww :)

also: I will DESTROY you at some ERS!!! Get at me, son!
Good shiz, Toasty. I doff my cap to you.
hah, seems that everyone got the PMs I sent out XD

yo are u people blind ... housing is provided soooo easy across the street and everyone can just chip in and spolit rooms with each other ... i mean i dont see wats so hard lol
Man you know how it is. Smashers don't want to follow threads or catch up on them. So they just pop in, ask for whatever, pop out, and hope for a PM. Because you know a lot of times people won't even check back soon enough to see a reply to them and then they don't bother scrolling back to see if there even was one >_>

HUGE thanks to MattDotZeb for helping me out so much with getting all the lists together and keeping contact with me!!! This would have been a huge pain for me, otherwise. So thanks Matt.

Really glad all (24!!!) of us were able to come to a resolution that was good for everyone =D!!!

Lastly: our 3 rooms would DESTROY anyone else's 3 rooms combined in crews.

^_^

Banks

Smash Hero
i think toasty is in for one huge group hug from everyone in Ne staying in those hotel rooms. unfortunately for him, it's all dudes. except for milktea

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Oh yeah HAB. Acccording to my PokeDex, you can catch wild toasty's on AIM around 1-3 AM lol.
LOLLL so true!!!

i think toasty is in for one huge group hug from everyone in Ne staying in those hotel rooms. unfortunately for him, it's all dudes. except for milktea
bahaha I'm down. I mean, I was already a fan of ***** as it was when I lived in Virginia. And then I moved within a 20 mile radius of SleepyK. That man's not just about NE ***** but..like..30 goddammn NE *****.

...Milktea's aight, too. I think I can deal with that.
I'm confused lol. I was saying I appreciate the work you put in organizing the hotel situation.
lmfaaaoooo sorry I forgot we don't actually know eachother. I was 100% kidding...you see...I'm brown. It's bad enough I actually DO own convenience stores/gas stations, so I made light of how being brown must be what makes me pro with hotels.

Banks

Smash Hero
LOLLL so true!!!

bahaha I'm down. I mean, I was already a fan of ***** as it was when I lived in Virginia. And then I moved within a 20 mile radius of SleepyK. That man's not just about NE ***** but..like..30 goddammn NE *****.

...Milktea's aight, too. I think I can deal with that.

lmfaaaoooo sorry I forgot we don't actually know eachother. I was 100% kidding...you see...I'm brown. It's bad enough I actually DO own convenience stores/gas stations, so I made light of how being brown must be what makes me pro with hotels.
lmaooo sleepyK has been in maine a few times, and i must agree that his man hugging is on par with the best

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm not sure if I'm gonna need housing...I gotta figure it out >_> worse comes to worse I'll just get my own hotel space.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I was thinking about crews....since not many people are going to get to play in crews no matter how we do it. No disrespect to the top players but we all know who's going to be drafted....so..nobody new will get a shot if done this way. I would like it better if we got....creative. I mean that's kind of the legacy of competitive smash. Some creative mofo's too a child's game and made it into something much greater. Why not just think some **** up? Like....Main crews. Spacies vs Jiggs/Peach... Falcon's vs the word. Swordsman vs gunslingers(Fox, Falco, Samus.). I mean there has to be a way to get everyone except for the usual's involved. Not that I dislike watching crews between to top 20-30 players but it would be nice to see some new blood. Some names that aren't quite as known or some players that don't have hundreds of other players dragging on their nuts.

fullynick

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about crews....since not many people are going to get to play in crews no matter how we do it. No disrespect to the top players but we all know who's going to be drafted....so..nobody new will get a shot if done this way. I would like it better if we got....creative. I mean that's kind of the legacy of competitive smash. Some creative mofo's too a child's game and made it into something much greater. Why not just think some **** up? Like....Main crews. Spacies vs Jiggs/Peach... Falcon's vs the word. Swordsman vs gunslingers(Fox, Falco, Samus.). I mean there has to be a way to get everyone except for the usual's involved. Not that I dislike watching crews between to top 20-30 players but it would be nice to see some new blood. Some names that aren't quite as known or some players that don't have hundreds of other players dragging on their nuts.
that is...... a really cool idea

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
At the last tourny I went to with KoreanDJ, we had a Crew Battle called "Asians vs. Non-Asians" at Matt.Zeb's place. We should do it again. (Cept this one guy had to play for both sides because his parents were both lol)
thats the funniest **** i ever heard

if you are a quarter asian do you play with less stocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom