• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 7 Results

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Revival of Melee 7 was one of the largest tournaments since Apex 2014 and featured 3 of the top Super Smash Brothers Melee players in the world. The stories of the tournament ended up being two unlikely mid-tier mains making it deep into the bracket - Darrell who placed 4th with Samus and Abate, with Luigi, who placed 9th after losing a heartbreaker to DJ Nintendo. The top 3 were familiar faces with Mango, Mew2king, and Hungrybox. Most interesting was a stock during the finals where Mew2King intentionally suicided after Mango slipped and phantasm'd himself to a suicide. The stream was produced by VGBootcamp and peaked at over 20,000 concurrent viewers on sunday - making it one of the most viewed Smash Brothers tournaments of all time.

Revival of Melee 7 Singles Results
1: MIOM | Mango (Fox, Falco)
2: CT EMP | Mew2King (Marth, Fox, Sheik)
3: CT | Hungrybox (Jigglypuff)
4: Darrell (Samus)
5: KirbyKaze (Sheik)
5: VGBC | Hax (Fox)
7: CTRL | DJ Nintendo (Fox)
7: EMG | Weon-X (Fox)
9: Zhu (Falco)
9: Darc (Jigglypuff)
9: Abate (Luigi)
9: Jman (Fox)
13: Cactuar (Fox)
13: CTRL | The Moon (Marth)
13: Smuckers (Fox)
13: Mattdotzeb (Falco)
17: dizzkidboogie
17: Nintendude
17: Loki
17: Mafia
17: CT | Zero
17: Raynex
17: Slox
17: MIOM | Toph
25: SS | Soft
25: Swiftbass
25: Animal
25: Vex
25: Wife
25: Ciz
25: Sir Rocko
25: RenoNY
33: G$
33: SS | Gahtzu
33: Zang
33: KevinM
33: Teczero
33: Ryobeat
33: Pimp|Hazz
33: Jethrotex
33: AndrewAjt62
33: Sol
33: Ycz6
33: CTRL | Benteezy
33: CTRL | Alukard
33: UltimaScout
33: Jsex
33: Archangel
49: Grand Master
49: MGFC|Chain-Ace
49: The Depths
49: JKJ
49: Tian
49: Admiral
49: Himes
49: DC Scribz
49: GSO
49: Son2
49: Phish-It
49: Navatar
49: Panzy
49: Doomtrain
49: Vino
49: MCEM

Revival of Melee 7 Doubles Results
1. CT.EMP | Mew2King (Fox, Sheik, Jigglypuff) & VGBC | Hax (Fox)
2. CT | Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) & wWw | Darc (Jigglypuff)
3. CTRL | The Moon (Fox) & CTRL | DJ Nintendo (Fox)
4. Jman (Fox) & CTRL | Alukard (Sheik, Fox, Falco)
5. MIOM | Mango (Fox, Falco) & Hazz (Fox, Marth)
5. EMG | Weon-X (Fox) & MIOM | Toph (Fox)
7. SS | Soft (Jigglypuff) & SS | Gahtzu (Captain Falcon)
7. Animal (Fox) & Codi (Fox)

Check out the bracket by going to Challonge here
Check out the VGBootcamp Day 2 Stream here

Last edited by a moderator:

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Abate getting 9th doesn't surprise me... I actually would have guessed he'd get 7th or 9th. Darrel was quite the story and incredibly impressive. I think however, the true story and legend of this tournament was the incredibly bad seeding.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I didn't get to watch the stream but what on earth is this seeding and who did it so I can strangle them?

Was Mango vs Hungrybox a Bo5?!?

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
I didn't get to watch the stream but what on earth is this seeding and who did it so I can strangle them?

Was Mango vs Hungrybox a Bo5?!?
It was a Bo5, yes. Because of wacky seeding, they made a special exception. Not that it mattered. Mango 3-0'd Hbox

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It was a Bo5, yes. Because of wacky seeding, they made a special exception. Not that it mattered. Mango 3-0'd Hbox
Quite frankly that's disgusting.

My jaw literally dropped when I saw that bracket and then saw Mango vs Hungrybox as a Bo5. Special exception or not that should not be happening.

Wow. I feel like I'm being trolled so hard and this is all one terrible nightmare where such terrible seeding and terrible pic of the days exist. Maybe I'll wake up soon.

... Terrible.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I called out the bracket on stream and twitter before they started 1st round---- The bracket was still being made >_>... I went ignored and it wasn't until mid tournament that people really started to notice everything wrong with it.... 1 good thing about it is that Darrel got 4th. <3

Last edited:

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
Damn Darrell's Samus was looking major on point. Abate making top 10 and my boy MattDotZeb getting 13th. Nice tourney guys, congrats to Mango and Mew2King for the finals.

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Too many Foxes and generic high-tiers. Please tell me not every tournament is this embarrassingly boring to watch.

Shoutouts to Darrel and Abate, I was rooting for you guys to kill off all of the stupid Foxes and you guys did a damn good job. Darrell especially looked incredible.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
In the Challonge Bracket, it says Kirbykaze 2 - Hungrybox 0, but it highlights Hungrybox as the winner. Probably just a mistake with the score?

Eskelsen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eskelsen
Too many Foxes and generic high-tiers. Please tell me not every tournament is this embarrassingly boring to watch.

Shoutouts to Darrel and Abate, I was rooting for you guys to kill off all of the stupid Foxes and you guys did a damn good job. Darrell especially looked incredible.
Well that's just how melee is, those are the characters that work. If that is too stale for you, check out project m it has a huge variety of match ups.
P.S I was rooting for Darrell too his samus was sick.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960

It's either that or back to Brawl's "wide selection" at the top. Either way, good stuff

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
LOL Pimp|Hazz. Also, I forfeited to Zhu and Sir Rocko since I couldn't make it :/ Would have liked to place 25th, but oh well, homework johns :(

Top Bottom