• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3! WC coming strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Mark your calendars people! Yes, you read correct. The melee series that has brought you some of the most amazing upsets is back with a 3rd installment. I just finalized the date for the event and its around the same time as RoM 2 so hopefully i'll see all the familiar faces as i did before and some new ones as well.

I'll be updating this thread throughout the week as i put up rules directions and all that other good stuff!

Thanks and spread the word !

SETUPS!!!

Ok first off. We need TVs and set ups. The venue only has 2 TVs and my cube.

We really need TVs and set ups

Toy Wiz
253 West Rt.59
Nanuet, NY 10954

845-624-2224

HOTEL INFORMATION

Its 99$ a night. you guys really just need to stay there 2 nights max. 1 if u drive out or come the day of.

Venue Address:
253 W Route 59, Nanuet, NY 10954

Hotel Address:
270 W Route 59, Nanuet, NY 10954

rofl

too good

haha Alu, I'm really happy with the prices, trust me. I was just tryin to help out my friends and who doesn't like for things to be cheaper? People won't be sleeping much anyway...we just need a place to be at for the night and sleep if we need to XD I just wanted to know if it was a deal requiring that I reserve the room ahead of time. But considering that I already got my plane ticket, I'm just gonna go ahead and get the room ASAP
Straight from toasty From Rom2

DIRECTIONS FROM PENN STATION IN NYC!

Go to Penn Station, take a train that goes to Secaucus (which is the first stop the train makes), then at Secaucus transfer to a train thats heading towards Spring Valley and stop at Nanuet

DATE:

THIS IS A TWO DAY EVENT!!!

NOVEMBER 20th-21st 2010!

TIME:

I have a poll up deciding the layout for the tournament but either way the tournament will start at 1:00pm. Sign ups till noon.

SCHEDULE

THIS IS A TWO DAY EVENT ... POOLS FOR BOTH EVENTS WILL HAPPEN DAY 1 ... AS WILL CREWS ... BRACKET IS ON THE FOLLOWING DAY!

Entrance Fee:

Venue Fee: $20 -Covers BOTH days
$15 IF you bring a FULL setup

Doubles: $10 (PER PERSON)
Singles: $10

CREWS!!!

THIS NEVER HAPPENS BUT I'LL TRY AND TRY AGAIN ... HOPEFULLY WE GET AS MUCH TALENT IN ONE PLACE AS WE DID LAST TIME ... I MEAN WE HAD BASICALLY EVERYONE ... SO PLEASE LETS HAVE EVERYONE COME THROUGH AGAIN!

PAYOUTS

If we get nearly as much people as last time this will be payouts.

SINGLES

1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 5%
5th 2.5%
5th 2.5%

DOUBLES

1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 5%
5th 2.5%
5th 2.5%

RULES

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

WOBBLING IS BANNED .. unless of course you are doing so to inui !

sry inui but its been the rule for ages ... somehow it got edited out when i put in pound 4 ruleset

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Awesome. I'll be here beasting everyone ;)

edit: 2nd post ftw

edit2: for everyone who looked beyond the first post.

THE GAME.:ohwell:

LLDL

Smash Hero
Third ftw, rom 3, i was just about to email alukard to consider a rom 3!!!1

Alukard

Smash Hero
just announced eh? i'll try to be there. :)

gonna set things up WAY ahead of time.
The sooner the better ... actually i was just scared of people taking up my date LOLOL

but yea this also helps because i am going to be able to touch up things and even though rom1 and 2 ran great ... theres nothing wrong with trying to get that much closer to perfect ^_^

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hbox ... SPREAD THE WORD IN THE SOUF MAH BRUTHA!!!!

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm most likely gonna have my pre-Thanksgiving/Pre-ROM3 Smashfest of the Love again like last year and help provide housing. My housing will be free of charge and plenty of DJ's to drink =) I'll post up the thread for it one of these days lol.

I'm gonna have a beast, sexy, secret teammate for this. I will be winning teams.

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
i'll play you for $10... yo arent u the one who got destroyed by my **** talk when u was playin D1 at Pound 4? yea i'll play you =]

also its spelled "lose" >_<
First you **** talk me then correct my grammar? ***** make it 20$

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
First you **** talk me then correct my grammar? ***** make it 20$
well to make things clear

1. ur boys was doin it first to D1 at pound... they just dont have that NYC swag like i do so they couldnt do it better

2. ur grammar needed correcting

and 3. $10 take it or leave it lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
zro and nando ... u guys do know this is like months away from now right

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
well to make things clear

1. ur boys was doin it first to D1 at pound... they just dont have that NYC swag like i do so they couldnt do it better

2. ur grammar needed correcting

and 3. $10 take it or leave it lol
My boys was only like one guy then you brought the whole NY army but it's all good and yea i'll take your $10

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
In all honesty, I hope I'm still playing Smash by this time.

Super is calling me.
I shall answer it with my life!

Alukard

Smash Hero
In all honesty, I hope I'm still playing Smash by this time.

Super is calling me.
I shall answer it with my life!
o for sure ... super owns my time in life ... but smash will forever own my heart son

REAL TALK!

no other game makes me get that feeling of a match in melee at a major ... GOD DAM!!!! gotta love it

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
My boys was only like one guy then you brought the whole NY army but it's all good and yea i'll take your $10
lol it really wasnt 1 guy but its w.e

btw this is all in good fun... not tryin to start beef... this is just Zro-Love xD

so 10 cash it is

Animal

Smash Lord
europe better be coming again, and deff getting housed by Ritz again. Best breakfast i ever hadd. i <3 smash communityyy

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lol @ wes at the end of the video prog hahhaha

ill be here ofcourse

hbox rematch against your non jiggs characters? lololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom