• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ietz ended up dropping setup info accidentally and I had to replace out. I was terrified that Kary was going to go off the rails, but the fears were unfounded.

BarDulL

Town Vampire

Overswarm
, Raziek, and Gorf all faced each other in a triangle formation at the center of the barrier. Bardeezy took his place near the back, standing near the members that had been displaced by the barrier; Ranmaru, Zen, Nabe, and Xonar all stood still, arms crossed, watching everything play out. Time had practically stopped moving forward in the room as tensions were at an all-time high.

Finally, Overswarm looked over at Raziek, then to Gorf. After a few more minutes of thought, it seemed that Overswarm had made up his mind.

"There are many reasons why I've come to the decision I've come to, but...I want to illustrate something first."

Overswarm raised his arm towards Gorf and pointed at his face.

"Just why, exactly, are you wearing Ryker's Kamina shades?"

A sweat drop ran down Gorf's head. There wasn't much of a clear explanation for this, especially considering Ryker had been found mysteriously dead with his inventory gone.

"There's also the fact that you are carrying Swiss' lock pick set. There's no rational reason for this except that you were the one who stole them. We know you didn't kill Swiss because we all played a part in his defeat. This can really only mean one thing..."

Overswarm looked to Raziek, whom continued Overswarm's train of thought.

"...that Gorf must be the one responsible for the recent deaths, right? He's the only one it could be, really. I mean, the fact that Orboknown's walrus went missing and was never found by anyone else is evidence enough. No one had claimed it, and Gorf told everyone that he was looking for it. Considering the sheer amount of smoke and the blatant smell that came with it, the only real explanation is that Gorf suffocated Ryker and Circus with...toasted walrus. This explains literally every other hole in what has occurred. I think. Oh jeez."

Overswarm palmed his face. He knew that what Raziek was saying was true, but Gorf actually suffocating people with toasted walrus?

"You have literally redefined smoking people out, Gorf."

At this point, the arguments were weighing too heavily on Gorf. He began stepping backwards and became concerned at the new-found revelations regarding his involvement.

"It wasn't me! I don't know **** all who the bad guy is, but it ain't me!"

Gorf looked to Bardeezy, whom had been eyeing Gorf very closely upon the new arguments being made towards the Walrus lord.

"Bard, come on bro, get these liberal ****s off my ****. So what if I hit some tree here and there, I wouldn't kill anybody over it! Come on. Why would I do it?"

Raziek interjected quickly without waiting for Bardeezy to respond.

"If that's true, then you'll need a better explanation for what happened and not just FUD. Our argument seems flawless."

Everyone looked at Gorf and waited for a response, but Gorf was coming up empty.

"Well, uh...I mean, like, maybe it was Overswarm? I mean, he's smart enough to know how to kill somebody without leaving behind any traces! Hell, it coulda been you Raz, maybe you got some oddball device on ya! I dunno how I got these ill shades or ballin' lock pick set, so...y'all need to chillax an' take a hit or somethin'."

Gorf took this opportunity to reach for his lighter, walrus, and potato. He hit it so hard that the room started getting filled with smoke, exactly like what had happened right after Swiss was beaten.

"Not this time."

Bardeezy, using his Totoro blade, spun the blade so fast that it was able to formulate enough of a wind current to push the smoke away from Overswarm and Raziek. It seemed that the final mystery had been solved; Gorf was the final piece to the puzzle!

Once the smoke settled down, everyone looked at Gorf whose eyes were blood red. His demeanor and facial expression had become warped; he had an odd grin and wouldn't stop giggling.

"Aight...you guys got me yo, hehe. I ain't done here though, LMAO!!!!"

Gorf, in a barbaric and primal fashion, ripped his shirt clean off his chest. Overswarm and Raziek braced themselves as Gorf began to charge towards them at a heightened speed.

"I AIN'T DONE 'TIL Y'ALL ARE DEAD! I'M KILLIN' EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU! LOL!!!"

Gorf quickly knocked Overswarm and Raziek towards the barrier, both whom bounced off of it and landed face-first on the ground. Gorf then started charging towards Bardeezy. Bardeezy tried to react, but Gorf was too quick; Gorf knocked back Bardeezy's Totoro blade and did one of the gnarliest Russian suplexes ever. Ouch!

"DGAMES IS MINE! I DON'T EVEN CARE THO, I COULD GIVE TWO ****S! EVERYONE'S A ****IN' PIECE A ****, INCLUDIN' ME! HAHA! THE WORLD CAN BURN FOR ALL I CARE!"

Nabe, Zozo, Ran, and Zen tried as hard as they could to break the barrier, but nothing seemed to work.

"AW YEAH, THAT'S MY BARRIER! DON'T WORRY KIDS, I'M COMIN' FOR Y'ALL ONCE I'M DONE HERE!"

Everything was looking hopeless for Overswarm, Raz, and Bardeezy; Overswarm and Raziek couldn't get up, and Bardeezy was weaving in and out of consciousness. Could this be an end to Dgamesia?

Suddenly, a familiar voice echo'd throughout the room.

"Not today, kid."

The roof of the throne room abruptly started to crack as the entire floating castle shook violently.

"WHO'S THAT? YOU WANT A PIECE A ME TOO?!"

The roof came crashing down, and with it was a man with obnoxiously large biceps that could have easily been Jupiter's. This man was HUGE.

"Evil Eye?! Impossible!"

Evil Eye, with a single flick of his finger, disintegrated the barrier, and slowly hovered before landing in front of Gorf.

"Show's over, bro. You gone too far this time, it's time for the perma."

EE began to walk towards Gorf, cracking his knuckles as he did so. Gorf was seemingly unphased by EE's sudden appearance.

"I AM THE LORD OF THE WALRUS, I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THAT, YO!"

Gorf began to assault Evil Eye with an assortment of punches, but Evil Eye remained unphased; the man simply stood still, arms crossed, contemplating what to get himself for dinner as he let Gorf tire himself out.

"Aight, enough of that."

EE flicked Gorf, sending him crashing into the throne room wall! Gorf has finally been defeated!

@ Maven89 Maven89 was Gorf, the Lord of Walrus, Independent Serial Killing Thief!

EE looked over at OS, Raz, and Bardeezy, whom had finally gotten to their knees. It seems that they survived alongside the others that were put outside the barrier.

@Red Ryu, Raziek, Town Back-Up Gossip Mod, has survived!

@Nicholas1024, Overswarm, Town Crystal-Bearer, has survived!

Raz, still on his arms and knees, had tears running down his face. While it's true that they had survived, and that it was all finally over, so many DGamers had died in the process of it all. Could they even call this a victory?

"Why didn't you step in sooner, EE?! So many DGamers died. WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING?! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DIE?!"

EE looked over at Raziek, then looked down.

"THEY'RE ALL ****ING DEAD, EE! RED RYU, GHEB, RYKER, AND THE OTHERS! ALL GONE, FOREVER! DAMN IT ALL!"

Raziek slammed his fists on the ground, and then remained silent.

Overswarm and Bardeezy looked down at the ground; even Overswarm, who never lets himself look vulnerable, was shaken by the loss of so many lives, as well as the level of trust that had been destroyed by all the backstabbing that had happened at the floating castle.

After a few more moments, Nabe walked up to everyone and began to clap.

"Well done, Town. Alright, July, turn off the machine. The game's over."

Everyone looked oddly at Nabe. Had Nabe finally gone nuts?

"Nabe, what the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh, you know, how this was all virtual reality, and stuff. I played my part brilliantly, didn't I?"

Nabe snapped his fingers, and suddenly the very fabric of reality that everyone had grown accustomed to in the castle became distorted; objects in the throne room, even the air had begun to liquefy and collapse on top of each other. Then everything turned to darkness.

@ #HBC | J #HBC | J , @ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary , @#HBC | Dancer, @Red Ryu, @ Maven89 Maven89 , @Wots All This Then?, @ Spak Spak , @RosalinaSGS, @Nicholas1024, @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ , @ Kantrip Kantrip , @Rake ~Desu, and @ Fandangox Fandangox all finally woke up in a strange room with multiple computers. They all were wearing mechanical looking glasses and headsets while laying in very comfortable beds. Everyone pulled off their head sets and looked at each other, then looked at Nabe questioningly.

"That's right. None of it was real. When the VR kicks in, you're all given sample memory storage and end up forgetting everything else while the VR is in play. Didn't you ever wonder how you got transported to the castle, let alone how none of you had any memories of how you had gotten there? Items placed in your pockets that you never recalled being there? All the blatantly physically impossible things happening in that world?"

Bardeezy got up from his bed, removing his custom Godot visor used for the VR. Surprisingly, he was no longer a Totoro; Bardeezy was human! Bardeezy smirked.

Soon, everyone's actual memories began to come flooding in. LightGetsDeathNoteInHelicopter.Jpg

"We wanted to test the foundations of the Mafia VR, as well as illustrate what it really means to lose people in the community. No one truly acted outside of the roles they were given; we simply altered the memory storages a bit, or in other words gave them varying 'win conditions', and everything went accordingly. No one is to blame for their in-game actions relative to their assigned win conditions."

Everyone was in disbelief at first. It had all seemed so real, and yet it wasn't.

"So, this is why you called the game 'Revival of DGames,' huh?"

"Yes. What is victory if one hasn't suffered? The reality is that no one had died though, but since you all believed that they did, this is as close to an actual revival as we can get :awesome:."

July stepped into the room alongside Ran, Zozo, and Zen. It seemed they had also played a part in the VR, inadvertent or not.

"Well, this all explains how Zen and Ranmaru knew what was in everyone's inventory..."

Zen and Ranmaru nodded. All the clues had been laid out, albeit ever elusive. It didn't matter though; everyone was just happy they were all alive and that no one had truly died. The value of community and togetherness, regardless of what happened in-game, had been illustrated perfectly by the fake deaths of the players involved.

"So, who's down for Round 2?"

Everyone, almost in unison, exclaimed an immediate dissent and kicked Bardeezy in the Bardeeznutz.

~Town Wins~

Last edited:

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
So I kinda stalked this thread for a bit and I must say, well done! Special props to bardiculous for the huge story post I barely understood cause inside references. I really want to join in on your next one, if that would be okay?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
First thing's first:

I honestly don't think the set up was THAT unbalanced (biased mod is biased, kinda, hear me out here), but it seemed REALLY unbalanced because mafia got SUPER unlucky with night actions. Granted, night actions literally dominated the set up d3 > d6. What happened here was probably the most extreme example of "what could go wrong for scum" in this set up, and, well, it happened.

IIRC, Wots messed up on the claim which is what got his slot killed? Can't remember. I know J claimed Gheb's items, so that was also not good for him. Of course, J getting his invisibility cloak stolen, however statistically improbable that may have been, was easily the worst thing that could happen to the scum faction N1. Kantrip getting bingo'd by RR's single track was also extremely unfortunate.

It's fair to say though that the mafia team had been doing really well up until D3 when everything went to hell for them due to NAs. So, to that end, I was a bit bummed that the set up ended up collapsing on them the way it did, especially since it detracted from the standard game play focus (reads, diplomacy, connections, and so on.)

Things I would change aside from changes that were made during the set-up (said changes made during live play did not affect gameplay btw):

1. Not give tracker roles a back-up version.
2. Remove jailer and/or change poison doctor mechanic a bit.
3. Maybe make tracks/watches odd/even nights? I really like these roles but I feel they largely detract from the fundamental cores of mafia.
4. Give the indy role an easier time of becoming the SK; only the D3 event directly helped him outside of people getting lynched/killed, which would eventually get him to the walrus (in case it wasn't clear, once Maven got the walrus, he would immediately turn from a survivor into an SK).
5. Giving Mafia pre-made safeclaims.

The thing is, in this game, there were two thieves, both of which could steal items that Town needed in order to use their abilities. For example, if Maven stole from Ryker, Ryker would lose his Jailer keys, which would turn him into a standard roleblocker but without the protection he would normally provide as a jailer. Tracker roles, if one of their phones got stolen, would be useless until they either got their phone back or if one of them died. If scum had stolen or killed Laundry/Nicholas, they would have gotten tons of amazing items. The list goes on.

There were also a lot of roles that were double-edged; Vigilante, Gladiator, Berserker, Crystal-Bearer, Jailer, all of which can backfire and hurt Town in some way.

Then there's the Mafia faction. Bus Driver has top priority, and Mafia roleblock beats out all other roleblocks, so Mafia is largely in control of the night action selection. They also have a ninja whom can never be caught (unless he loses his cloak, I know! :awesome:)

The indy is a ticking time bomb that will become a huge problem for Town after a while. He can seriously hurt both Town and Mafia, of course in this case he hurt Mafia which was unfortunate, but in theory he can effectively remove a lot of Town's abilities during the ongoing night phases too.

I think it's more fair to say that there is just way too much swing. Probably more swingy than an OS set up, except maybe for FF6 which is literally the prime example of swing. Good lord that game.

The main idea behind giving everyone a PR was to make everyone feel like they were important to the set up in some way. Of course, this largely detracts from the set up if you do it the way I did. The philosophy obviously needs some refinement in practice.

I'm not going to host another one of these for a while, but I enjoyed essentially doing a huge throwback to DGames history as far as I know it. Obviously a bunch of people were left out, but fitting in everyone and doing them justice would have been difficult. For example, throwing in July at the end didn't do her much justice considering she is barely mentioned. Poop. Maybe I'll do a Revival 2 with an entire new cast of characters to work with alongside some returning villains and heroes at some point (with, of course, some review from one or two local active game mods).

As for prizes, I was originally going to only award the winning faction, but I've decided to just give everyone a prize in light of the swingyness of the set up. Since that's a lot of people, and I don't have the time for PayPal'ing people etc, I am going to buy everyone premium. For those that have it already...uh. Lel. :awesome:. I might think of something later.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who enjoyed playing in the set up as well as reading the flavor. I felt that my investment in the flavor died down a bit as school got started, but I thought I carried it well towards the end anyway.

Role PMs will come later.

Oh yeah, one other thing: the reason why there were so many mod errors on my behalf is because not only is the game hella complicated, but my main PC was out of commission for at least a month, so I had to do a lot of the modding by memory. Next time I'm just going to use google docs for my mafia excel sheets. Sorry for the errors people, first time modding and all.

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The flavor was superb. I am so thankful to you, Bardull, as the host for hosting a game like this and doing such a great job with it.

I loved the game and flavor, but disliked the set-up because it was way too easy for scum to be boned and we didn't even get lynched for anything besides NA actions and J's a blonde ditz who scum-slips like a newbie.

I had so much fun for my first game back to DGames so thank ya'll very much!

Also Bardull owes me cookies, js.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Spak was Circus, Articulate Warrior of Social Justice, Town Gladiator!

Skimmed this on and off, mostly for the epic flavor posts from Bard (EE at the end tho omg). Game was almost too obvious; even without the Night Actions, it felt like most of the scum roles went to the most inherently sus people to begin with, you know? Like, I probably would've been poking J and Maven off the line, and WATT (maybe just the Rake half?) is always one of those slots I feel like I should never fully trust. Although I also felt pretty certain Kary was bussing the scum team until the flip, so.

Props to town for the win. Props to all the scum for stickin' it out.

Really wanna read those role PMs. Especially J's.

Orboknown

Smash Hero

Skimmed this on and off, mostly for the epic flavor posts from Bard (EE at the end tho omg). Game was almost too obvious; even without the Night Actions, it felt like most of the scum roles went to the most inherently sus people to begin with, you know? Like, I probably would've been poking J and Maven off the line, and WATT (maybe just the Rake half?) is always one of those slots I feel like I should never fully trust. Although I also felt pretty certain Kary was bussing the scum team until the flip, so.

Props to town for the win. Props to all the scum for stickin' it out.

Really wanna read those role PMs. Especially J's.
Lol watt is orbo dietz not orbo rake (you're thinking of FML)

Orboknown

Smash Hero
First thing's first:

I honestly don't think the set up was THAT unbalanced (biased mod is biased, kinda, hear me out here), but it seemed REALLY unbalanced because mafia got SUPER unlucky with night actions. Granted, night actions literally dominated the set up d3 > d6. What happened here was probably the most extreme example of "what could go wrong for scum" in this set up, and, well, it happened.

IIRC, Wots messed up on the claim which is what got his slot killed? Can't remember. I know J claimed Gheb's items, so that was also not good for him. Of course, J getting his invisibility cloak stolen, however statistically improbable that may have been, was easily the worst thing that could happen to the scum faction N1. Kantrip getting bingo'd by RR's single track was also extremely unfortunate.

It's fair to say though that the mafia team had been doing really well up until D3 when everything went to hell for them due to NAs. So, to that end, I was a bit bummed that the set up ended up collapsing on them the way it did, especially since it detracted from the standard game play focus (reads, diplomacy, connections, and so on.)

Things I would change aside from changes that were made during the set-up (said changes made during live play did not affect gameplay btw):

1. Not give tracker roles a back-up version.
2. Remove jailer and/or change poison doctor mechanic a bit.
3. Maybe make tracks/watches odd/even nights? I really like these roles but I feel they largely detract from the fundamental cores of mafia.
4. Give the indy role an easier time of becoming the SK; only the D3 event directly helped him outside of people getting lynched/killed, which would eventually get him to the walrus (in case it wasn't clear, once Maven got the walrus, he would immediately turn from a survivor into an SK).
5. Giving Mafia pre-made safeclaims.

The thing is, in this game, there were two thieves, both of which could steal items that Town needed in order to use their abilities. For example, if Maven stole from Ryker, Ryker would lose his Jailer keys, which would turn him into a standard roleblocker but without the protection he would normally provide as a jailer. Tracker roles, if one of their phones got stolen, would be useless until they either got their phone back or if one of them died. If scum had stolen or killed Laundry/Nicholas, they would have gotten tons of amazing items. The list goes on.

There were also a lot of roles that were double-edged; Vigilante, Gladiator, Berserker, Crystal-Bearer, Jailer, all of which can backfire and hurt Town in some way.

Then there's the Mafia faction. Bus Driver has top priority, and Mafia roleblock beats out all other roleblocks, so Mafia is largely in control of the night action selection. They also have a ninja whom can never be caught (unless he loses his cloak, I know! :awesome:)

The indy is a ticking time bomb that will become a huge problem for Town after a while. He can seriously hurt both Town and Mafia, of course in this case he hurt Mafia which was unfortunate, but in theory he can effectively remove a lot of Town's abilities during the ongoing night phases too.

I think it's more fair to say that there is just way too much swing. Probably more swingy than an OS set up, except maybe for FF6 which is literally the prime example of swing. Good lord that game.

The main idea behind giving everyone a PR was to make everyone feel like they were important to the set up in some way. Of course, this largely detracts from the set up if you do it the way I did. The philosophy obviously needs some refinement in practice.

I'm not going to host another one of these for a while, but I enjoyed essentially doing a huge throwback to DGames history as far as I know it. Obviously a bunch of people were left out, but fitting in everyone and doing them justice would have been difficult. For example, throwing in July at the end didn't do her much justice considering she is barely mentioned. Poop. Maybe I'll do a Revival 2 with an entire new cast of characters to work with alongside some returning villains and heroes at some point (with, of course, some review from one or two local active game mods).

As for prizes, I was originally going to only award the winning faction, but I've decided to just give everyone a prize in light of the swingyness of the set up. Since that's a lot of people, and I don't have the time for PayPal'ing people etc, I am going to buy everyone premium. For those that have it already...uh. Lel. :awesome:. I might think of something later.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who enjoyed playing in the set up as well as reading the flavor. I felt that my investment in the flavor died down a bit as school got started, but I thought I carried it well towards the end anyway.

Role PMs will come later.

Oh yeah, one other thing: the reason why there were so many mod errors on my behalf is because not only is the game hella complicated, but my main PC was out of commission for at least a month, so I had to do a lot of the modding by memory. Next time I'm just going to use google docs for my mafia excel sheets. Sorry for the errors people, first time modding and all.
Nah man you did a hella solid job with everything, any frustrations i had were with the way things went over mistakes you made (mostly at our poison getting boned the whole game until d4

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Lol watt is orbo dietz not orbo rake (you're thinking of FML)
Same difference!

The point is that you're always the pure, perfect town cinnamon roll unless you partner up. In my mind, at least.

Maven89

Smash Master
I had a lot of fun with this game, some of the most fun I've had. Being an independent was surprisingly stress free, there was pressure on myself but I had no team mates I could be letting down. Because of that I felt way more free then I normally do in mafia games.

My only complaint about my role was that I had no idea the walrus would change my win conditions. I was assuming the Walrus would give me a one-day vote immunity or something to help me. I was going after the mafia because I figured it was faster to try and get the town to win then try and get the mafia to win, if I knew in the end I was going to have to survive every single person I would have tried to stay way more in the shadows. Then again I played my independent survivor role pretty unorthodox

@ #HBC | J #HBC | J ....you are slippery

Great job all around, though why did Wots out that Kantrip was the busdriver? Or was it J? I forgot exactly how that happened, but it was one of those who claimed it in the first place, right? That was surprising.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Ryu tracked kantrip to three people and when i claimed later i mentioned checking kantrip out as one of my "checks"

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You wake up to find yourself laying on the grass of a garden. You look around and see a vast wilderness surrounding you; trees, beautiful flowers, rivers, wildlife, and one really big mech bot that seems to be doing a ton of the gardening. Nothing really out of the ordinary there. Except the clouds seem a lot more close than you would expect. Soon enough, you realize that the garden itself is within a gigantic castle. Just where the heck are you? You get up and decide to investigate the area to see how you wounded up here as well as figure out where you are located.

As you keep walking, you eventually reach what appears to be a cliff. You walk over to the cliff, look down, and, to your immediate surprise, you see that you are located extremely high up in the air; whatever large platform you're on right now isn't attached to the earth. It's floating directly above the earth at a very high altitude.

You continue surveying the area looking for clues, but to no avail; there's no apparent escape route, nor is there any indication as to how you got here. All that's left to do is to explore the castle. You walk inside and begin your investigation.

Welcome to Revival of DGames mafia, Rake! You are Gheb, Town Austrian Dreadlord TrueShot Day Vigilante.

You're not sure why you're here, but it beats the hell out of living in Austria. You've also got a gun, so anything that stands in your way is going to get bodied. Let the fun commence!

Special abilities:

Long story short, you're a nerfed Vigilante. You can't shoot until D3 because D1 Vig shots are always dumb. You must have your gun and your bullet both in your inventory in order to activate your ability. There is one extra drawback; if you shoot Town, not only do they die, you become Hated, which means it takes one less vote to lynch you for the rest of the game. However, if you hit a faction unaligned with the Town, it takes one additional vote to lynch you for the rest of the game. High risk, high reward, just the way you like it; if life isn't on the edge, then it just ain't good enough.

In order to use the ability, you must wait until at least Day 3, and post the following command in the thread during the day phase:

TrueShot: (Player Name)
You also have a posting restriction: YOU MUST HAVE A :059: AT THE END OF EACH OF YOUR POSTS! Failure to comply with this restriction will result in a mod vote for the day.

Inventory:

1x Austrian Rifle
1x Austrian Bullet

You are Town aligned and win when all other factions have been slain!

Welcome to Revival of DGames Mafia, Red Ryu! You are Raziek, the Town Gossip Mod!

You're not really sure where you are, but you're ready to do what it takes, and in style, to get out of this place so you can play Yomi, play Smash 4, and probably some Fire Emblem. You have to admit that the floating castle with mech bots is pretty cool though. :awesome:

Let's go!

Special abilities:

You have this cool phone that people like to text you on! Maybe you'll receive a message or something. Other than that, you have a Gamecube controller, but it seems pretty useless.

Inventory (2):

1x Gamecube Controller
1x Cellphone

Welcome to Revival of DGames Mafia, Gheb! You are Joker, Town Risky Berserker!

You’re a Berserker, a Risky Berserker. You're not really sure why you're here, but you're down for a little vacation time! Let's get the ball rolling!

Role abilities:

Lets Get Risky: Target a player during the night phase. The mod will roll a designated 12 sided dice. Numbers 1-4 represent that the targeted player can’t be targeted by any roles that night. 5-8 represent that the target is roleblocked. 9-10, nothing happens. 11 will copy the player’s primary power for you to employ for only one night phase of your choosing. If the player does not have a primary power i.e. has a factional power, but not a separate ability to make use of), you will receive a randomized power. If the dice lands on a 12, you become hated for one day phase, which results in your slot requiring one less vote to be lynched.

Example:

Let's Get Risky: BarDulL

Let’s Play The Odds: if you have an item(s) at any point in the game, you can sacrifice said item/s to turn the odds in your favor. You may designate one effect of your Let’s Get Risky ability and combine its chances of activating to another effect of the Lets Get Risky ability. I.E. combine roleblocking chances with power copy chances (role copy power would have a 5/12 chance of activating now instead of 1/12 in this scenario. Roleblocking would no longer be an option for that night phase.) You may sacrifice multiple items to increase the odds of a specified effect to occur.

Example:

Let's Play The Odds: Combine Roleblock and Power Copy odds for Power Copy Effect
Sacrifice: Final Fantasy 5 Cartidge
Let's Play The Odds: Combine Commuter and Power Copy odds for Power Copy Effect
Sacrifice: Chocobo Flute
Let's Get Risky: BarDulL

The end result would make it so that you have a 9/12 chance to use the Power Copy effect, a 1/12 chance to become hated, a 2/12 chance for nothing to happen. You will no longer be able to afflict a roleblocking effect or a commuter effect on the targeted player.

Why Take The Risk?: Once during the game, during any night phase, and if you so choose, the mod will discard his dice for that night phase and you may choose any effect of “Lets Get Risky” you want to occur. You will not be able to use any abilities the following night phase.

Example:

Why Take The Risk?: Power Copy <Player Name>

The proper commands for each effect is as follows:

Power Copy - Represents odds of copying a player's ability (1/12)
Roleblock - Represents odds of roleblocking a targeted player (4/12)
Commuter - Represents odds of making someone invulnerable to NAs (4/12)
Hated - Represents odds of becoming hated (1/12)
Nil - Represents odds of nothing happening (2/12)

If you have further questions on these abilities, let me know.

Inventory (2):

1x Final Fantasy 5 Cartridge
1x Chocobo Flute

(These items do not have any special effects).

You are Town aligned and win when all opposing factions have been slain!

Welcome to Revival of DGames Mafia, Spak! You are Circus, the Articulate Warrior of Social Justice, Town Gladiator!!

You're Circus, one of the older players in DGamesia history, and you're no slouch; you have games under your belt like...like...ok, I really can't think of a good analogy here, but whatever, you get the point! You're awesome!

You're not really sure why you're on this floating castle, but you're going to figure out what's going on and get down to the bottom of things. Let's do this!

Special Abilties:

It's You Or Me: once during the game, during a day phase, you may challenge a player to a duel by posting the following command in the thread during the DAY phase:

I Challenge You!: (Player Name)

Example:

I Challenge You!: OverSwarm

Be warned though, if you use this command, it forces everyone in the game to only be able to vote between you and another player. Be careful how you employ this ability. If you use this ability on a player who is also Town, you will be forcing a lynch between yourself and another Town player.

If you force the lynch between yourself and a player that is not of the same faction as you, you will gain a special bonus if the opposing player is lynched!

Inventory (0):

Nothing is in your inventory!

Welcome to Revival of DGames Mafia, FandangoX! You are Orboknown, Town Patriotic Watcher!

You're Orboknown, and you've been a part of DGames for a cool minute. You're generally a pretty friendly duder, and you really want to see DGames live on. That isn't really related to this floating castle though, or is it? Regardless, you've got stuff to do and people to save since you're doing army/military/airforce stuff or whatever, so you're going to get off this floating castle one way or another and get back to base. Let's do this.

Oh yeah, there's one thing I forgot to mention. You seem to have some Walrus that a player might be interested in. Not a literal Walrus, but if you're any bit familiar with DGames history, you'll know that it's quite toastable. If you don't catch my drift, don't worry about it. You probably shouldn't tell anyone you have it though, it's illegal! It's your call though. You might be able to make further use of it if you come across something to toast it with.

You also have a Spy glass. You're not really sure who left you with these items, but hopefully you'll find out after further exploration of the castle.

Special Abilties:

You're a watcher! During each night phase, you may target one player. Any players that visit the targeted player will be recorded in your notes. Simply PM me the command "Watch: (Player Name)" during the night phase and we'll set you up in a nice spot so you can watch anyone that visits the targeted player!

Inventory (2):

1x Spy Glass
1x Walrus

Welcome to Revival of DGames Mafia, Laundry-chan! You are Overswarm, Town Crystal Bearer!

You're not really sure where you are, but you've become fascinated with the architecture and general makings of the floating castle. While you do have a wife at home and some scheduled obligations to deal with, your inquisitive mind draws you into the castle with the hopes of answering all the mysteries that seem to reside within! All you need now is some scooby snacks and a loyal, cute dog to assist you. Preferably a corgi, because the mod likes corgis, but honestly, it's totally your choice.

Silly humor aside, let's do this.

Special abilities:

You have five crystals in your inventory, four of which look incredibly familiar. They are the crystals from Final Fantasy 4 Mafia! How can this be? There is also a crystal orb in your possession, but you're not entirely sure what it does...at first. Someone wrote instructions on the back of the crystal orb apparently. How nice of them! Instructions have been included for the four other crystals as well, and apparently some changes were made.

Once per night phase you may give one of the FF4 crystals in your inventory to any player in the game. Send me a PM during the nightphase using the following example command to do so:

Crystal of (Element): (Player Name)

Make sure to specify the element of the crystal, otherwise the crystal element will be randomly chosen.

Each crystal has a different effect:

Fire Crystal: gives the player holding the crystal an extra vote if they publicly use it during the Day.
Earth Crystal: gives the player holding the crystal the ability to withstand poison. Does not require public use. Immediately breaks upon successfully prevent poison.
Wind Crystal: gives the player holding the crystal the ability to break an event upon public use. Crystal immediately breaks upon successful use and can no longer be used for the rest of the game.
Water Crystal: gives the player holding the crystal vote padding; they require one additional vote to be lynched.

You may make personal use of an FF4 crystal during the day phase, but you may not use multiple FF4 crystals during a day phase, only one. To do so, post the command Activate: (Element) Crystal in the thread during the day phase to activate its power..

You also have a Crystal Orb. Once during the game during a night phase, you may use the Crystal Orb on a player. That player's abilities will be publicly revealed in the thread. Factional abilities will not be revealed, only primary role abilities. I.E. if you reveal a doctor, the doctor's protect ability will be revealed to the public as well as who the owner of that ability is. The Crystal Orb will then break and be removed from your inventory.

To do so, use the following command:

"Crystal Orb: (Player Name)"

Posting Restriction:
You must use a picture of Kefka at least once during each day phase. Failure to do so will result in a mod vote.

Inventory (5):

1x FF4 Crystal of Fire
1x FF4 Crystal of Earth
1x FF4 Crystal of Wind
1x FF4 Crystal of Water
1x Crystal Orb

Welcome to Revival of DGames Mafia, Ryker! You are Ryker, the Town Erupting Burning Jailer!

You're not really sure where you are, but you're ready to do what it takes, and in style, to get out of this place so you can play Yomi, do stuff in Texas, and all that other jazz. You have to admit that the floating castle with mech bots is pretty cool though. :awesome:

Let's go!

Special abilities:

Once per night phase, you may send me the command "Jail: Player Name". The player will be roleblocked and will also become immune to all other night actions.

Example - Jail: BarDeeZy

Posting Restriction: You must post a cool picture or GIF of Kamina (Gurren Lagann) at least once per day phase.

Inventory (2):

1x Jailer's Key
1x Kamina shades

Welcome to Revival of DGames mafia, Dancer! You are RosalinaSGS, Town Antidote Doctor!

You're not really sure why you're on this floating castle, but you're going to find out, one way or another. Let's do this.

Special Abilities:

Antidote Doctor: You happen to have a bottle filled with antidotes in your pocket. Someone seems to have left them with you, but who? There only appears to be four pills, better use them wisely!

Each night phase, you may target a player to give them an antidote. Use the following command to do so:

Antidote: <Player Name>

Inventory(4):

4x Poison Antidote

You are Town aligned and win when all opposing factions have been slain!

Welcome to Revival of DGames Mafia, RosalinaSGS! You are Red Ryu, Town Drunkard Tracker!

You're not really sure why you're here, but you've happened to spot this really neat bar within the castle that has tons of tasty looking brew. You're really just supposed to be investigating, but you can't resist; one swig of the Captain Morgan has already got you going!

Special Abilities:

Tracking: Once per night phase, you may target one player. Any target that player visits will be noted by you. The question is though, will you even remember? You're getting so drunk that you'll probably black out! We'll see what happens.

Use the following command during the night phase in order to use this ability:

Track: <Player Name>

EX:

Track: BarDeeZy

Inventory (1):
1x Cellphone

You are aligned with the Town and win when all opposing factions have been slain!

Welcome to Revival of DGames Mafia, J! You are J, the Ghost Mod, Mafia Ninja N1 Vigilante!

So, long story short, you already know what's up. That Bardeezy is going down, alongside everyone else who might stand in your way. Your bros are Cello_Marl and Swiss, who seem to have an interest in helping out. You're not really sure why they're on board as well, but it doesn't really matter. It's time to play some god damn mafia, but this time, the stakes are much higher, just the way you like it.

Factional abilities:

The Mafia has the ability to poison players! Be wary though, someone seems to have a bottle of antidotes somewhere that can cleanse people of poison!

Basically, one of the mafia members can send the command "Poison: Player" during the night phase. The player who is targeted will be poisoned, and will die at the end of the beginning of the second day phase that they've been poisoned if they don't receive an antidote. They will not be informed if they are poisoned. Slow acting poison is brutal, huh? It's the best way to get the job while keeping your hands clean though.

Role specific abilities:

You have one passive ability and one active ability.

For whatever reason, you have an invisibility cloak! You're not sure where you got it, but it works for you; you won't be able to be seen by any watchful eyes, hence you are a Mafia Ninja. However, should you lose your invisibility cloak at any point in the game, it's possible that you might get caught doing the deed!

Your active ability is a Vig shot that can ONLY be used on N1. You can use this shot in combination with poisoning a player. Simply send the following command during Night 1 in order to use the ability:

Kill: (Player Name)

POSTING RESTRICTION:
During each day phase, you must post a picture or gif of Dahlia Hawthorne! Come on, it's J we're talking about here, didn't you see this coming? I mean, not to mention the killing method being POISON? Come on now.

Inventory (2):

1x Invisibility Cloak
1x N1 Blade

You are aligned with the Mafia and win when all opposing factions have been slain!

Welcome to Revival of DGames Mafia, Kantrip! You are Cello_Marl, the Missing One, Mafia Event Breaking Bus Driver!

After the events that occurred at Rusty Guillotine Mafia, you've been angry with DGames. Hatred has brewed exponentially within you without so much as a cap or pressure seal to keep you from getting to this point. Sure, you won that game, but what Town and even the sub mod put you through was more than enough to get you to want to see DGames burn. It's time to get your revenge, and you've got J and Swiss to help you do it. No one escapes.

Factional abilities:

The Mafia has the ability to poison players! Be wary though, someone seems to have a bottle of antidotes somewhere that can cleanse people of poison!

Basically, one of the mafia members can send the command "Poison: Player" during the night phase. The player who is targeted will be poisoned, and will die at the end of the beginning of the second day phase that they've been poisoned if they don't receive an antidote. They will not be informed if they are poisoned. Slow acting poison is brutal, huh? It's the best way to get the job while keeping your hands clean though.

Role specific abilities:

You have two active abilities.

Throughout the years, you've developed some seriously mad skills; you can swap two players during the night. Basically, lets say Player C targets player A with an ability, and you swap Player A with Player B. Player A will not be targeted by Player C's ability anymore, rather Player B will be targeted by Player C. Anyone that initially targets Player B will subsequently be changed to targeting Player A. AKA Standard Bus Driver role.

To submit this command, simply send me a PM during the night phase with the following command:

Bus Drive: (Player Name A) and (Player Name B)

Your second ability is the "Event Breaker" ability. There will be several "Events" that will occur during the game, one per day phase. If you so choose, you can cancel the event and by privately submitting to me the following command:

Activate: Event Break

Inventory(3):

1x Bus Key
1x Big Yellow Bus
1x Antidote

For some reason, you have an antidote. You're not really sure why you have it, but you figure you may as well just keep it!

You are aligned with the Mafia and win when all opposing factions have been slain!

Welcome to Revival of DGames Mafia, Wots All This Then?! You are Swiss, Domokun Overlord, Mafia Roleblocking Theif!

You recently got out of prison again, and you've got this weird look in your eye that says you want to destroy everything and everyone in sight. Well, you always were a...peculiar gentlemen, as it were! I guess it's about time you finally acted on your impulses and not just verbalized them. While you're not all that fond of J, you absolutely love Cello_Marl to the point where it makes you feel giddy. You'll cooperate with the destruction of the DGames hierarchy for now, then who knows what's next? Conquering the world and getting mega wasted, probably.

Factional abilities:

Role specific abilities:

You have two active abilities.

Throughout your years in prison, you've developed some mad skills. Firstly, you're a pretty good thief now. Secondly, you're good at roleblocking people. Don't ask me how you developed this skill! If I had to guess, you probably punked some dudes who you thought were going to punk some other dudes, thus stopping them from punking other dudes. Maybe? Probably.

To submit either of these commands, send me a PM with either of the following commands (you may only use one of these commands per night phase):

Roleblock: (Player Name)

Steal: (Player Name)

Inventory(3):

1x Domokun plushie
1x Lock Pick Set
1x Poison residue

Apparently, some poison residue is sticking to your clothes. Hopefully no one notices! You also have a a cute plushie and a lock pick set. I imagine the lock pick set is for stealing stuff, while the domokun is obviously for cuddling with? Beats me!

Welcome to Revival of DGames Mafia, Maven! You are Gorf, Walrus Lord of the Toast, Independent Survivor Master Theif!

Yo, so like, you totally don't know what's going on, but you know that you really want to toast some walrus. Hopefully someone in the castle has it, and you'll stop at nothing to get it.

You also randomly have some stuff in your inventory. They seem kind of important, maybe even toastable :awesome:. You're not really sure where these items came from, but it really doesn't matter, 'cause like, who cares, man?

Special Abilities:

You can steal stuff from people once per night phase. You may choose one player and target them with the command Master Theif: Player Name. If they have an item, it becomes yours!

Inventory (4):

1x Poison Antidote
1x Apple
1x Potato
1x Lighter

You are independently aligned and win either when the town faction has been eliminated completely or if the mafia faction has been eliminated completely. You only need to survive in order to win alongside one of the other two factions.

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I really want to clarify here, because apparently it was convincing enough for some social thread confusion AND for Ryker and Dietz to come to me on Skype looking for forced replacement arbitration: I really did not have anything to do with this game, was not a secret co-mod, etcetera. Thanks for the votes of confidence there.

@Bard, good setup, great flavour. Although perhaps I am biased. :p I wish I had gotten the chance to post during that event.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So I just named searched

I'd just like to make a note that I didn't play in this game, yet I still technically won

Top Bottom