• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revitalizing the Mac smashboards page

jet56

Smash Journeyman
So, let's be honest here. A lot of the smashboards character threads, including this one, have seen a huge dropoff in activity as of late. The biggest reason is probably the rise of other networking sites, such as discord. However, i feel there is something that is being missed here that smashboards offers: Archiving. while it is true that activity and ease of use is much better on such sites, archiving data, discussion, results is also fundamentally important, if not more so. The ability to review and correct ideas, and use old ideas to springboard new ones, is how a competitive game, and the meta advances forward. I understand, and i myself, also use other sites to keep in touch with other players, but we need a place to go back to, to review past ideas and results.

So, i have decided to start a series of projects to help get the mac smashboards page up and running again. Keep in mind, this won't take away from the other smash sites you may use, but will be a cornerstone to helping to push the meta. Some ideas in mind i have are:

A thread archiving ALL mac mains in all regions
A thread archiving discoveries and finds for the character
A thread archiving ALL mac vids
A thread archiving and labeling major landmarks and wins for the character (notable tourney placing, notable wins, a rise in the tier list, etc.)
A "spotlight" thread for mac mains (i would do this once a week, and would try to find relevant mac mains around the world to showcase and highlight.)
Revitalizing existing threads and revamping them (character MU analysis, my old combo thread, etc.)

And probably more. Honestly, this is going to be a big undertaking, but I really want to do this, and the most important thing i want to point out here is that EVERY MAC PLAYER contributes in their own way and i will make sure not to neglect a single one of you.

Thank you very much for reading and i hope to see you here in the near future!

Contrast_94

Smash Rookie
Yeah this board is pretty inactive so I'll help by posting some things I learned about Mac

Top Bottom