• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Jump-Canceled Up-Smash With Squirtle

Spammit

Smash Rookie
First off, I'm not new here, I just wanted to start a new account, so I'm not new to these forums or smash. Just getting that out of the way.

Anyway, while trying out the Reverse Jump-Canceled Up-Smash With Squirtle(thank you copy and paste) I found out that squirtle slides very far, like snakes mortar slide, he also gains speed when he does this because of his uniuqe turn-around properties. Unfortunatly I don't have a means of recording it so you'll have to try it yourself (if someone recorded it for me that would be appriciated). To do this, you dash in any direction, reverse direction, then immediatly jump and upsmash. I reccomend that you change jump to L,R or Z because you'll need to jump and use the c-stick at almost the same time.

P.S. If your on the Jiggy, Samus, or Wario forums you'll notice I just about copy and pasted this. =p

chubas

Smash Apprentice
Is not Jump-cancelled Usmash. JCUS is done while running but not shellshifting, while a shell-shifted Usmash has a longer slide. Is calling Hydroplanning, and definitely is not a new thing.
Where have you been all this time while switching accounts? </sarcasm>

Icelement

Smash Cadet
Just wondering, but what is your old forum name? You're obviously such a seasoned veteran. Hydroplaning was found even before the Japanese release, I believe. I know that if you had been reading these forums at all you would know about it, instead of making this new topic about it.

Hydroplaning also has a lot of variations and you can really mix it up with some mind games as well. Check the PT FAQ or something.

Welcome to the forums. >:)

Syrus_Draco

Smash Apprentice
Is not Jump-cancelled Usmash. JCUS is done while running but not shellshifting, while a shell-shifted Usmash has a longer slide. Is calling Hydroplanning, and definitely is not a new thing.
Where have you been all this time while switching accounts? </sarcasm>
Hmm I'm a little new to this technique. Mind expanding more on how to execute this?

Spammit

Smash Rookie
crap, srry guys, i don't even main pt. and my old forum name was overswarm. and im not new.

Pesi

Smash Rookie
NNID
CurseOfThe18th
First off, I'm not new here, I just wanted to start a new account, so I'm not new to these forums or smash. Just getting that out of the way.

Anyway, while trying out the Reverse Jump-Canceled Up-Smash With Squirtle(thank you copy and paste) I found out that squirtle slides very far, like snakes mortar slide, he also gains speed when he does this because of his uniuqe turn-around properties. Unfortunatly I don't have a means of recording it so you'll have to try it yourself (if someone recorded it for me that would be appriciated). To do this, you dash in any direction, reverse direction, then immediatly jump and upsmash. I reccomend that you change jump to L,R or Z because you'll need to jump and use the c-stick at almost the same time.

P.S. If your on the Jiggy, Samus, or Wario forums you'll notice I just about copy and pasted this. =p
This is actually kind of a big deal still (At least in PM), because they removed hydroplaning from the game entirely when 3.5 came out. People got used to hydroplaning and now I don't see many squirtle players who bother to use the Shell shifted JCUS, even though it comes out really fast, kills quickly at range (with multiple hitboxes), and hits below the ledge.

Top Bottom