• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse charge shot trump = guaranteed?

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
cruzloops cruzloops - are you kidding me? Is it that simple? If this is true you will have made my life infinitely easier. I don't have time to check right away but damn, I would GLADLY throw away the delicate controls for something that simple and I'm shocked I never tried it. (Well not shocked, I've missed plenty of obvious stuff... but seriously?)

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Absolutely Rohins, by all means.
Still experimenting with best way to set this up, with/without jump. Jump seems essential to line you up correctly (and live, and take the stage back...), not entirely sure though in how it clips certain heavy character hurtboxes.
Input I'm using is grab-ledge -> slight tap back -> jump + slight tap back -> B.

If I could suggest a track for vid: http://www.metroid-database.com/music/mp2/51 - Ending Staff Roll.mp3 :)
If you just smash back off the ledge jump then neutral B as your stick returns to center you'll get the RCS. Hell sometimes I'm trying to shoot toward the ledge and get the RCS :( I have to remember to use down when shooting into the stage.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Yeah I do it less with a smash then with a slight tap, I have too many SDs to trying smash and getting a super missile instead.
I was hoping for a panacea when cruzloops cruzloops mentioned you could do it with a hadoken, but it's not quite a hadoken motion I find after some testing. Has to be input very fast, and I'm not sure it's more/less reliable that my light tap technique.

Top Bottom