• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revenge of the Indians! ~300$ Bonus Pot~

BairJew

Smash Journeyman

Revenge of the Indians!

~ 300$ ~ Three Hundred Dollar Bonus Pot ~ 300$ ~

The Sequel to "Attack of the Indians!" Bonus Pot is back!
Now all we need is for the hype to spread!
Trying to use the pot to bring people back and get more people to come, I hope that this amazing community pulls through again and makes this just as amazing, if not better, than last time! :)

8668 Park Boulevard
Seminole, FL

Time:
October 20th, 2012
Doubles Registration starting at 11:00 a.m
Double Start at 12:00 p.m
Singles Registration at 12:30/1:00 p.m. (depending on entries for doubles)
Singles Starting at 1:30/2:00 p.m.

Food:
(http://seminolelanes.com/bowling.asp?Page=SNACK+BAR) The link provided gives a quick over view of the food, which is available to purchase inside the facility. Other options if that does not appease you include: Perkins, Subway, McDonald’s, etc. located across the street.

Fee:
Singles: 10$
Doubles: 10$
(Possibility that food will be provided for you, emphasis on possibility)

Payout:
50% - 1st
35% - 2nd
10% - 3rd
5% - 4th

Format:

“5-7 rounds of Swiss”
30> players: 5 Rounds
31-38 players: 6 Rounds
40< players: 7 Rounds

30> players: Top 8-16 advance pending.
31-38 players: Top 16 advance
40<players: Top 32 advance

Top 8, 16, and 32 seeded players advance to double elimination bracket

Rule Set:
4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles
Best of 3, Grand Finals will be best of 5.
Doubles Team Attack is ON, Life stealing is allowed.
Bring Your Own Controller.
Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64
Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Green Greens, Mute City, Corneria, Poke Floats, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay.
No stage can be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agreed upon by both players.to change characters afterwards.

Side Event:

Instead of an Amateur bracket like every other tournament it has been decided to have a poll on what was a crowd favorite. It seems the side event will most likely be “The Magical Hat” where there is a 1$ buy in and everyone is able to participate. All the characters in melee are thrown into a hat and each person signed up to enter draws a character out of the hat and can only use that character throughout the bracket. Winner gets all should be fun! If we have left over time then we might also hold a low-tier bracket or draft crews. That is only if we have enough time.

Recording Setup:
Matches will be recorded. Especially GF, any MM’s or Crew matches if people are interested can be recorded on the setup provided. You can also bring your own recording setup or stream if you are willing and able to record personal matches or tourney matches which are not being recorded already. Mark your stuff so it doesn’t get jacked or taken!

Tv’s, Cubes, Wii’s, Any Kind of Setup:
4-5 Setups are being brought and provided. Please, please, please! Bring setups! They are definitely needed for this tourney to run smoothly and efficiently. Any help with bringing setups would be greatly appreciated!

Attendance:
NEED HYPE! Spread the word to your friends, family, ex-wife, anyone! If you are interested and want this to happen!
If you need more information P.M. me or comment below.

Other Information:
Smoking areas are located outside the facility. So if you need to a cig take it outside. Also, and Arcade is located within the facility the link is here
⇒ (http://seminolelanes.com/bowling.asp?Page=GAMEROOM)

:bee:

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
Glad everyone is excited! Hope you can get a ride wizzy!

And hopefully the supreme pizza will return

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah you might want to make this on the 14th. Definitely the 14th.

And make a Facebook page for it
Yea, I would really prefer a date change... I kind of already told Keith I would go to his Brawl tournament on the 20th

Van.

Smash Ace
Hbox why didn't you pm one of us on facebook about this? If we had known 10 days ago there was a problem we possibly could have affected change...
But then again not really, no big deal tho'. We aren't changing the date because:

- people had already requested off and stuff even by the time you notified us of this

-The melee community is distinct enough from the 2 stock brawl community for these events to be held on the same day.

-We are all very busy college students who don't live near each other anymore, and this is the only day we could do it.

i'm relieved/pleased apollo will be bringing a car. Sorry you can't make it wizzy/possibly hbox, maybe next time.

Glad people are excited! Get hype everyone!

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
This date has been set for at least 2-3 months. The last minute change would not work. It's less than a month away get hype! Crews will be held if time permits, and if crews show up! Draft crews would be a possibility if it comes down to it.

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
A P.M. SIde event might not be possible if we are going to do Crews. The poll taken several months ago fell short of people putting up the idea of PM as a side event therefore it was thrown out. However, if you feel there is enough time for: Doubles, Singles, Side Event (Magical Hat), Crews (Draft), and lastly PM Then be my guest. However, if PM is going to start to occupy TV'e while trying to finish the originally set events there could be a problem in running it. Plus, it would be difficult to keep track of all of that money and pot. So if you believe you could provide significant setups for PM and are interested in keeping track of the bracket, since we would have to do straight bracket due to time constraints, indeed it would be an acceptable idea.

McNinja

Smash Ace
I said I MIGHT. I know there are a lot of complications to work through so there's a chance it won't happen. If it did, it would be a small tourney. I guess its not that popular of an idea anyways so don't worry about it.

Edit: just realized P:M wasn't even on that poll...
:phone:

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Trying to see if Jax is interested in going. Thing is, 8 hours driving + tournament in one day is kind of a lot. Any chance someone could house us Saturday night and we'd leave in the morning?

Still not sure if there's people interested but if we could get a place to stay that would probably increase the chances (a lot).

Edit: We would probably be 3-5 people. 4 is most likely.

Van.

Smash Ace
I don't have the means to house, unfortunately. Mcninja I remember possibly saying something about housing, but he seems completely disinterested with checking this thread, so I'm not sure what to tell you :/ I hope you guys find some way to make it.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Is there any way to contact him?

Eikelmann: I appreciate the offer, maybe we'll even take you up on it but somewhere closer would obviously be more convenient.

Top Bottom