• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Return to Dreamland: Mew2King, ZeRo, Alvin and Nairo Take Top Spots

dreamland_recap.jpg
Over the weekend, from April 14th to 16th, a very special event took place: CEO Dreamland. Taking place in Florida, CEO Dreamland was the first event of the CEO series to be dedicated entirely to the Smash series of games.

Many great matches took place, but not everyone was there to watch the stream. Missed those moments? Read our blow-by-blow recap of CEO Dreamland below.

Super Smash Bros.

While Smash 64 doubles did not have as many entrants as other doubles events, singles had quite the competition.With the absence of the recently sponsored Daniel “SuPeRbOoMfAn” Hoyt and muti-game master Justin "Wizzrobe" Hallett, Alvin Leon Hara went through a sweep of the top 8. After arriving at Grand Finals, Josh “BarkSanchez” Brody managed to beat Alvin's Falcon at game 5, resetting the bracket, but failing to defeat him in the second set.

Full Results:

1st Alvin :falcon64::pikachu64:

2nd BarkSanchez :pikachu64:

3rd Fireblaster :yoshi64::mario64:

4th sHEERmADNESS :yoshi64:

5th NTA :falcon64::mario64:

5th GT :pikachu64:

7th SGK :kirby64:

7th greginator :pikachu64:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

After being absent for a long time, Brawl made an appearance at CEO Dreamland main stage. After being defeated by Salem at Top 8, Nairoby “Nairo” Quesada managed to make his way through losers, defeating Jason “Mew2king” Zimmerman and winning with an impressive 6-0 against Vishal “V115” Balaram in Grand Finals.

Full Results:

1st Nairo :metaknight:

2nd V115 :zerosuitsamus:

3rd Salem :zerosuitsamus:

4th SeagullJoe :wolf:

5th MVD :snake:

5th Mew2king :metaknight:

7th Samsora :peach:

7th Mikeray4 :snake:

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Melee doubles Top 8 was a showdown between two of the most powerful teams, Counter Logic Gaming’s duo of Kevin “PewPewU” and Zac “SFAT” Cordoni against the godly team of Juan “Hungrybox” and Jason “Mew2king” Zimmerman. After defeating both gods at Winner’s Finals with a solid 3-1, the CLG duo watched as Hbox and m2k defeated Sami “ Druggedfox” Muhanna and McCain “MacD” LaVelle for the chance of a rematch aT Grand Finals. Unfortunately, both were soundly defeated and PPU and SFAT took Melee doubles.

Final Results

1st SFAT & PewPewU :foxmelee: & :marthmelee:

2nd Hungrybox & Mew2king :jigglypuffmelee: & :sheikmelee::foxmelee:

3rd MacD & Druggedfox :peachmelee: & :foxmelee:

4th Swedish Delight & Slox :sheikmelee: & :foxmelee:

5th The Moon & DJ Nintendo :marthmelee: & :foxmelee:

5th Plup & Axe :foxmelee: & :pikachumelee:

7th dizzkidboogie & Colbol :icsmelee: & :foxmelee:

7th Nintendude & Syrox :jigglypuffmelee: & :foxmelee:

Meanwhile, Melee singles was full of surprises. After 10 years, Hugo “HugS” Gonzalez managed to get Top 8, defeating PPU and Druggedfox before finally losing to Hbox to make 5th place. SFAT went to game 5 vs Hbox for what seemed like the thirteenth time, this time managing to win at a last-hit scenario. We got to see Justin “Plup” McGrath’s impressive Luigi that got him into top 8, defeating Druggedfox and giving Mew2king a run for his money. SFAT defeated another god and sent m2k to losers. Hbox lost by literally one frame and finally Mew2king 3-0ing SFAT for a bracket reset and then winning the tournament.

One thing that deserves special mention is 2saint, a Puff main from NYC, who managed to be the only unranked player in top 16. CEO Dreamland was his first major tournament, which made for an interesting debut.

Final Results

1st Mew2king :marthmelee::foxmelee::sheikmelee:

2nd SFAT :foxmelee:

3rd Hungrybox :jigglypuffmelee:

4th Swedish Delight :sheikmelee::luigimelee:

5th Plup :luigimelee:

5th HugS :samusmelee:

7th PewPewU :marthmelee:

7th dizzkidboogie :icsmelee:

Super Smash Bros. For Wii U

Wii U’s top 8 was delayed by an unfortunate incident. With the internet down at the venue and no way to stream matches, the Top 8 was postponed. Nevertheless, it did not fail to impress.

Jamaal “Samsora” Morris defeated James “VoiD” Makekau-Tyson with a surprising 3-1. Defeating 2 top 10 PGR members, Eric “ESAM” Lew entered Top 8 from Winner’s side after being absent for so long and put up a good fight against Gonzalo “ZeRo” Barrios but was ultimately defeated. Nairohad had a very heated set against Samuel “Dabuz” Busby, and in true Nairo fashion, managed to came from behind and secure the win. After double eliminating Nairo, Ramin “Mr. R” Delshad came from loser’s for a shot at getting his revenge on ZeRo, but couldn’t keep up with the champion, who ended the set with a devastating spike.

Final Results

1st ZeRo :4diddy::4lucina:

2nd Mr. R :4sheik::4cloud2:

3rd Nairo :4zss::4lucina:

4th Dabuz :rosalina:

5th ESAM :4pikachu::4samus:

5th Samsora :4peach:

7th VoiD :4sheik:

7th Marss :4zss:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alberto "RedNova" Vásquez

Comments

So people were complaining about lack of results from Lucina, right?
ZeRo plays Diddy almost exclusively in top 8/top 16. He does play Lucina on the side, but IMO its more for show than anything. Its kinda like M2K and Pichu, he only brings it out to show off and/or humiliate.

Last edited:
ZeRo plays Diddy almost exclusively in top 8/top 16. He does play Lucina on the side, but IMO its more for show than anything. Its kinda like M2K and Pichu, he only brings it out to show off and/or humiliate.
So, by your logic Ally is a joke?

Ally confirmed a huge joke. RIP that man's career

Well, I cannot say I'm surprised with M2K and ZeRo and them taking the top positions. They usually put on a great performance and I commend them for that.

Now, I see that master ZeRo used my girl :4lucina: and that she has taken some of the top 5 spots. Do y'all think he'll whip her out more often in future events? If so, it won't be long before she's just inside top tiers...

Sugar, what sort of reasoning is this?

Last edited:
what sort of reasoning is this?
When's the last time M2K played Pichu in top 8 in a major, and won?

I will give you that ZeRo has played Lucina in a top 8 match against Ally, and won, recently. But the vast majority of his wins in top 8 are with Diddy.

i wonder (This is a dumb question), did m2k lose to sfat on purpose, so he could defeat hbox himself with no problem in losers?

Where are the results for Rivals of Aether?

I really like the game, I wanted to see the stream but I didn't have the time. And I can't find anything for the game on youtube that relates with CEO Dreamland.

Zero beat Ally's Mario with Lucina. Explain that if Lucina's so bad, which she's not. I mean Christ, why do people think Lucina sucks.

Top Bottom