• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Return of Special Bonuses?

Evil Yoshi 85

Smash Cadet
One thing Melee had that got cut from Brawl was the potential to earn bonuses for various feats and trivial things done in multiplayer battle. Would you like to see these return in SSB4? I personally miss these a lot and would love to see them return. Can you think of any new bonuses that didn't get covered somehow in Melee?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I'd really like to see them come back. Some of the names were quite humorous, (Cement Shoes comes to mind), and it was just fun to look at a tally of all your accomplishments during a match.

If they return, though, I want to see two changes/additions:
1. Allow us to view a bonus's description on the "Match Clear" screen or the Results Screen. That way, you can find out exactly what you did during that match, if you're curious.
2. Give us a better reward for unlocking all of the bonuses. The Diskun trophy is such a terrible reward for a feat like that. We deserve a truly epic trophy. My vote is for a Reggie trophy, complete with a "My body is ready" reference in the description.

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What I don't like about the special bonuses is that you're forced to find even the most ridiculous achievements, just to get one trophy.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I really loved these in 64 and Melee. It sucks that they are not in Brawl so I definitely want them back in Sm4sh.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I want them back, darn it.
It was fun finding out you did something awesome after the battle. I just wish I knew what the bonuses meant without having to google it.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I think getting achievements based off the special bonuses would be really cool to see.

umegames

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't mind seeing them back, but i wonder for development reasons (time constraint) they refrain from that system.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I always wondered what pratfalling was, my Marth got tons of those, ah yes, I would love to see these additions, FIGHTING STANCE was one of the most easily recognizable in SSB64.

UberMario

Smash Master
I'd love to see these back, the Brawl results screen just felt empty without them.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This is so true. Surely they don't take all that much time to implement, and yet the payoff would be a minute extra looking at the results screen after every single match.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
VERY MUCH YES. But do the following things:
*Make it more plausible to find missing bonuses.
*Balance the bonuses out better.

Top Bottom