• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

retreating short hop shffl/double fair : Its uses and how to?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I am struggling to do retreating short hop double fair and I can't do the shffl one unless Iit is at the apex of the short hope which I don't believe is very safe. I am trying out the Right claw grip and am getting it pretty inconsisently., but I have been playing on standard for so long. My question is how do you all do retreating short hop foward air, and what is the application of it.

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
NOTE: This is how I do it. PLEASE don’t accept it as the “right” way as there are many “right” ways to do this. It really varies from person to person. I don’t use claw at all as my preference is standard and claw is SUPER uncomfortable to me :p

But moving on from that, I use c-stick most commonly for my aerials (except n-air for obvious reasons) so I cannot testify for those who primarily use the a button. How I do it though, is that I gain the momentum from either a wavedash or a RAR, press y (cause I use y most commonly) then move my right thumb down slightly to flick the c-stick. I then use the time in between the double f-airs to reposition my thumb to hit the c-stick better.

APPLICATIONS:

This allows me to perform f-airs without disrupting my momentum and moving backward. I can use retreating f-airs to control space around me and punish my opponent for reckless approaches.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
i let the stick back to its neutral positioon between the first and the second fair.
a description of my input considering i jump with Y and ; o ; is the stick's neutral position
o=>Y; <=o A; o ; <=o A

the c-stick choice also works great for me.

Top Bottom