• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Retire

Mahone

Smash Champion
man, you were like the only top smasher that wasn't a jerk in one way or another

AND my ride bailed so i didn't even get to play u at APEX :(

why god??????

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Noooooooooooo :( You will be missed. You were one of the only players I found genuinely inspirational and you didn't even play my main. Best of luck in all your future endeavors. This... :(

edit: :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Baxon

Smash Journeyman
I feel a bit sad because you quit and also for thoses ppl who were training hard only to beat you :/

You should teach how to play peach to your brothers man :D

Good luck with life bro
We'll miss you

:phone:

Draxraven

Smash Rookie
Armada, I don't know you but i want to say my words :). You assume your decision and it is nice. Thank you very much to play at this level, to motivate others European like us to progress :). Thank you a lot to make us sweat during your streams :D.

You are one of the best of Smash history and it must be difficult to keep motivation since you are playing at smash.

I hope you will enjoy your new activities and spend good time. Good luck :).

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Sad to hear this pal, but saw it coming. You made a great choice by doing this :)

You are the best player in the world Adam, and you have proved it many times. I always belived in you, that you could be the best, from the first time I played you.

There is no shame in quitting now, good luck with everything in life bro.

If u ever decide to take a trip down to Noreg to chill, be sure to give me and Nea a visit, maybe we can help you get the motivation and challenge you need / want :cool:

Although I really wished u would enter G3 and EVO2k13 and quit after that... what do you say, Adam? ;)

Engo

Smash Ace
Atleast go to EVO and G3 and make a ton of money for university or whatever plans you have in the future then retire.

Kinda lame that the number 1 player is going to be a boring old American again.

I.B

Smash Lord
I don't know if I buy the whole "lonely at the top" argument. Yea he won tournaments and is currently the best, but to say he is not challenged is exaggerating. He didn't even say anything like that in his post. Read carefully; he even said he would retire if he didn't win Apex 2013. That would mean only two major U.S tournament wins (G2+Apex2012) = feeling not challenged? C'mon man.

Sounds like the kid Armada just wants to move on to new things.

Landry

Smash Ace
Hungrybox's Ness scared him off.

In all honesty, though, this is sad to hear. Armada's reign as King of Smash has truly been something to behold. Ever since he first appeared in the States at Genesis 1 he's been cementing his legacy as the only Smasher who could ever challenge Ken for the title of "Best Ever".

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
quit just before melee makes it into evo?.
yhea this is seriously a legendary ****up
how can you not present yourself as the best when it will be reported for literally the entire gaming community to see. evo results gets posted on ****ing ign ffs.
the only Smasher who could ever challenge Ken for the title of "Best Ever".
This is bull****. Ken never prooved that he was better then Europe (Ek) or mexico. Armada has done what no other smasher has ever done period.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So even we get Smash into evo this year, you still wouldn't enter?

Zoler

Smash Ace
You were a phenomenal player Armada and one of the main reasons I still watched Melee on stream.

This only makes me want Skullgirls for EVO even more.

:phone:
Even if it's really sad that Armada quits melee doesn't end with that.

Ken quit and see what we got after that. To me it seems Melee is actually getting better and better.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
at least make it the most memorable retirement ever by going to genesis 3 and whooping mango's *** ;w;

rise to fame started at losing to mango at the first genesis, it should finish with beating mango at genesis 3

that **** would be hyped as ****

Engo

Smash Ace
Even if it's really sad that Armada quits melee doesn't end with that.

Ken quit and see what we got after that. To me it seems Melee is actually getting better and better.
Only difference was that Ken didn't go out on top like Armada has so the remains of salt left in the community will last for a while.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Don'tcha think it might be worthwhile to hold out until Beast 3, Genesis 3 and EVO are all finished? I mean, after that there are always going to be more and more tournaments, but Mango's visit to Europe, the finale of Genesis and Melee in EVO don't sound like it'd be worth it to you?

Well, even if not, congrats on being the greatest player of all time, completely changing a character's metagame, bringing the smashers all over the world closer together, and defeating everyone that's ever challenged you!

Except Silentspectre. :awesome:

If you can do what you've done with Melee, then there's no reason you can't be successful in anything else you want to do. Best of luck!

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Now falcos will win every national again,

;__;

#PPmarthForSTier

#ArmadaKirbyForApex2014

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Woah

Your always high consistency was just spectacular. The attitude you had towards the game and other players was very inspiring. Whether this actually is your last time as a competitive smash player or not, you sure have left a very positive impact on this scene. Much respect

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Now we will never know if Armada could have been the best of all time. Retiring too early and not being on top/untouchable for long enough.

Oh well.

#mangonation

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Sadly Armada is being honest and please do not compare him to Ken. Armada is more about being 100% honest while Ken is more about caring what the masses think even if it is for being dishonest. I know this both because I have talked to Armada a LOT on facebook over the years as well as telling Ken several strats and him denying my help to the public despite thanking me personally after I told him (in 2006 a lot), then refusing a 50 dollar MM saying he has nothing else to prove then saying he's the best cuz of 1 tourney then claiming to quit but still getting 9th next tourney. They are not comparable people IN THE SLIGHTEST

Armada i really wanted to face you this tournament =[ I threw my chance away. I think I might have had what it takes that time but I am super sad that a rematch is impossible. I am considering going to Europe this summer only for a rematch (if you do not accept then that is understandable but that means I'll also have no reason to want to go). You're a super good teammate also and I need a new great teammate for tourneys now. But also at the same time with you gone, I honestly feel my fire to become better is pretty much gone too, because even if I were to win a national, it would not be the same without the final boss :(. It wouldn't be the same at all to me. I hope smash 4 comes out soon.

john!

Smash Hero
you were an inspiration to peach mains everywhere armada!

i don't know if i'd still be maining peach if you hadn't showed everyone her potential

do what you gotta do though... i hope you come back but it's okay if you don't

p.s. armada is better than ken and probably the greatest of all time

dkuo

Smash Lord
longer the post quicker they're back
that doesnt make me feel any better considering the post is pretty concise <_<

regardless, armada, i hope you return in some capacity. at least enter beast for vs mango or something :(

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Mango is definitely salty. LOL wanted to beat armada, now he cant. Mew2king doesnt feel fire anymore, WELP, ITS UP TO LEFFEN.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Leaving while you're on top

Oh my, it makes me mad, but you have every right. Gah I really wanted to see you taken down but from the time I started seriously following melee to the day you retired, it never once happened. All those predictions for naught.

Good luck with your life and stuff, you'll always be a legend

and in other news

AMERICA with 4 of the top 4 spots in melee

WHAT NOW EUROPE? OMG GET BODIED YOU'RE NOT EVEN CLOOOOOOSE

oh my god wait wait wait

this means leffen is arguably #1 in Europe

so instead of rooting against one of the most respectable, talented and awe-inspiring smashers of all time

I GET TO ROOT AGAINST LEFFEN

YESSSSS TOURNAMENTS ARE ABOUT TO BE SO FUN

Top Bottom