• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Retire

Armada

Smash Lord
I guess this comes as a surprise for the most people in this community but Im done with Smash. That means Apex 2013 was the last tournament for me as a competitor. I will still go to/hold tournaments in Sweden because I love the community and I still love the game. But I do not feel any motivation to become a better player and then I think it's time to stop playing. That means I will not enter singles at any tournaments in the future (Beast included). I really wanna make a great event of it though and will work hard for it.

This is something I have been thinking about for a longer while and even before Apex I decided that Apex is my last tournament as a competitor regardless of the outcome. I wanna say thanks to all the people in this community cause you are awesome and I love you all <3

I don't expect everyone to be happy with me decision but I hope everyone can at least accept and respect this.
Good luck to all the people that still is competing in this game =)

Tero.

Smash Champion
Well, you won everything there is to win.
Glad to know you're still around tho.
Hope to see you at Beast, Adam.

Edit: what about P:M? :)

:phone:

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
And what about Mang0 coming to Beast?
If he comes to Beast 3, would you really not defend Swedens honor and let Leffen do all the work? xD

I definately don't think this is a troll post. Armada doesn't troll, and I recognize his style of writing.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
Good luck for everything you will undertake in your future life. Considering what you accomplished with Smash, there's no doubt you will succeed.

Beat!

Smash Master
Not a troll, I just talked to Armada.

Stay awesome, and as I said, I hope you'll eventually find the motivation to compete again.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
****, this means we can never have a "Best player" thread again without everyone saying Armada is still the best.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Yhea this is no troll.
Like Beat said I hope you find the motivation again.
Love you man. Pros like me, you and mazor will never stop kicking *** and having fun.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Props for actually going through with this. Also, make sure you prove leffen wrong :)

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
Armadas fallback was being way too good. I know it's hard to keep motivationt if there is nothing to win but everything to lose. It don't matter if it is sports of videogames. Sebastian Loeb "quit" after 7 back to back championships, so Did Michael Schumacher. Both being trolling in the scene anyways entering several races (michael even did comeback and he definitely ain't the only one who has done so ;) )

Solution: Armada; take a little break and let others to catch up your level (maybe you should train others) and make a comeback and you may achieve those new goals again ;). Now you are just locking that championship belt in your safe, sealing it with mulitple locks and throwing keys in the water so no one can (maybe never) get that away from you :p

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
You are the strongest, and perhaps just as importantly, most respectable player this community has seen. Thank you for your contributions, and best of luck with your future endeavors, whatever they may be.

Madic0

Smash Rookie
Losing motivation at the top is nothing new, Armada. I'd say think about it some more.

Like, for at least another five years... >.>

Swann

Smash Journeyman
This is the saddest thread.

I really wanted to see more juanbox/PP vs Armada sets. Really really.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Congrats on your wins at Apex. I'll see you around man. I respect the courage necessary to make such a decision.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I guess that's what happens when nobody can really challenge you. With Mango giving no effort, it must not be very motivating.

Whatever you choose to do Armada, you are, in my opinion, the best player ever to play this game.

NNID
dansalvato
I hope you take your talent to places much more grand than the Smash community! In the meantime, may I suggest some new challenge by picking up a low tier? =P

ps. It was great having you over this year and last. Swedes are top-tier citizens.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
I almost saw this coming in a way, he's basically challenge-less with the exception of a few people. It's best to go out in a blaze of glory rather than a steady decline IMO anyway. Either way though I enjoyed watching your matches Armada, gl with life dude.

Mew2King would have had you in grand finals had he beaten Dr Peepee. His Marth is just better

Regardless of actually going through with quitting or not, it was great to have you competing

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I think PP, m2k, or hbox had a good chance of beating armada at the next national. This is a sad day for the smash community. Armada, how are you going to quit just before melee makes it into evo?

Considerably less hyped for smash in 2013.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Damn. Well it'll be hard for anyone to say there's someone better than Armada now. It was pretty obvious people got better after Ken left, but I have a hard time picturing that a consensus will form around a new best player of all time.

Bones0

Smash Legend
You're all idiots. This is clearly an attempt to lull PP into a false sense of security.

DON'T FALL FOR IT PP.

It's secret Young Link drama all over again. Quote me.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Very sad to hear but you've won everything there is to win so I can't blame you for losing interest.

It's been a joy watching you rise to the top. From your first tournament encounter with Amsah and Faab at RoX all the way till last week's Apex you've kept us at the absolute edge of our seats each time.

You've sent a shockwave through both the US and Europe when you first travelled to Genesis. The most intense times I have had to press F5 ever. If it weren't for you flying over it's possible the europlayers had never made the jump to the US at all.

Your creative out of the box approach to the game is something many admire and aspire to acquire. You know very well how to utilize the options available to you in the most optimal way possible (even if that means breaking existing conventions) and with great effect.

Many have claimed to quit smash but few have succeeded. If your performance in the game proves anything though than it's that you can fully commit to a goal, never give up and are willing to do anything that is necessary to achieve it. If you feel the time is right then I'm pretty sure it's right.

Goodluck with your future endeavours. Even if it's not for smash, your welcome to come to Holland any time to hang out ^^

Top Bottom