• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rethinking a Crap Move: Sing

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Oh okay that makes a lot more sense. Thankyou.

Also will this put them asleep from the ledge or just help you recover?

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
You basically can use it whenever you feel your opponent is close to the edge or going to run to the edge while you're about to hang from it.

Here's a video on how it can be done along with a sing cancel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_upXyxnIaM
I'm not shure we were talking about this anywhere in this thread. We concluded that it's useless (except on japes) months ago. However if you are desperately out of jumps go ahead, it might save you. The window is VERY small.

Oh okay that makes a lot more sense. Thankyou.

Also will this put them asleep from the ledge or just help you recover?
It won't put them to sleep because you are too far under the edge. However it will restore your jumps. It's basically grabing the edge when to far away from the edge so it just cancels.

On japes, the side platforms can give you jump renewal at a much lower risk... not that you would need it in the first place.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
It seems like there is not much more to explore with her. The metagame slowed down a while ago, and the only thing left that we can do for Jigglypuff is win tourneys and develop a better playstyle that can adapt to the harder matchups.

Jigglypuff can't get better, but the players can.
totally agree!
Guys, idk about you but my time using Jiggs in friendlies I've landed 2 sing>rests by just falling with sing outta nowhere and catching the opponent off guard, if you fall with it make them sleep when you're near the ground, you'll get out before they do.

Also, a surprise sing when they're hugging the edge and you're on the stage can sometimes work if you do it right before they make the move onto the stage as long as they don't predict and punish it.

Granted on a perfect day against an average player you can probably get 2 sings off if that a game(and probably not many more a set), but still, its a little useful.
I was just about to ask about using Sing to cover a landing to the stage. I sort of had a situation where I used sing as I was about to land and the character opposing me rushed in and got put to sleep just under me as I was landing. Worked nicely. Though with his damage percentage, we both "woke up" at the same time, but I did a quick charge roll out to catch him as he rolled backwards to (I guess) set himself up to finish me. I was in Smash kill range percent wise. The roll out caught him and sent him out of there for the kill. LOL!

Veril

Frame Savant
Sing is completely useless except for the lulz and on stages in which sing canceling is easier than on FD. I know that Japes platforms, as well as assorted parts of other stages (RC, Orpheon, Castle Siege, etc) allow for this as well. It should be noting that sing-canceling is just a form of lightstepping, which can be done with any move really.

Sing's only even slightly practical use is if ledgecanceled, and even that is situational as ****. Don't use sing in a tournament. Really don't use Jigglypuff in a tournament either unless you're up against Diddy. MK and Kirby are superior to Jiggs in every (high-level competitive) matchup EVEN IF THE PERSON IS EXPERIENCED WITH THEM... except for Diddy, who I genuinely believe Jiggs has the advantage against. You can also grab-release Ness and Lucas effectively and plank like. Well, Jiggs is an amazing planking character. The very few occasions I've played normal brawl Jiggs, I've won by timing out matches.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
Sing is completely useless except for the lulz and on stages in which sing canceling is easier than on FD. I know that Japes platforms, as well as assorted parts of other stages (RC, Orpheon, Castle Siege, etc) allow for this as well. It should be noting that sing-canceling is just a form of lightstepping, which can be done with any move really.

Sing's only even slightly practical use is if ledgecanceled, and even that is situational as ****. Don't use sing in a tournament. Really don't use Jigglypuff in a tournament either unless you're up against Diddy. MK and Kirby are superior to Jiggs in every (high-level competitive) matchup EVEN IF THE PERSON IS EXPERIENCED WITH THEM... except for Diddy, who I genuinely believe Jiggs has the advantage against. You can also grab-release Ness and Lucas effectively and plank like. Well, Jiggs is an amazing planking character. The very few occasions I've played normal brawl Jiggs, I've won by timing out matches.
thanks for the info. :) Though not to sound stupid, what is "planking"? I am only familiar with Smash series through the Brawl game. This is a word I haven't heard/read before.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Planking: a form of camping by going to a place where the opponent has a difficult time/can not get to you. Typically done by staying on the ledge or staying high in the air.

Veril

Frame Savant
Planking is generally ledgestalling in such a way that the invincibility frames put you in a position of being completely unapproachable conventionally. Planking is generally banned, but playing really really gay isn't.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
Planking: a form of camping by going to a place where the opponent has a difficult time/can not get to you. Typically done by staying on the ledge or staying high in the air.
Planking is generally ledgestalling in such a way that the invincibility frames put you in a position of being completely unapproachable conventionally. Planking is generally banned, but playing really really gay isn't.
Thank you both for that information on planking. Though how in the world can Jiggz become unapproachable? Well which moves make this beside a forward A/forward air?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
By using pound's extremely big auto sweetspot. It's not MK's level but still somehow effective.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
By using pound's extremely big auto sweetspot. It's not MK's level but still somehow effective.
Pound is amazing and it's only flaw is the ending lag.

However they should have given it "almighty" priority so it could **** through every move in the game.

Top Bottom