• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Captain Falcon FAQ and Training Guide

Turazrok

Smash Master
This seems like it's gonna be awesome, can't wait for it to be finished.

Brookman

Smash Hero
training regimen

This section will show you how to focus your individual practice and training sessions into something that will help you get better, rather than freestyling and not necessarily knowing what specific work you need to do.
This section should say:

"go to biweekly events and play as many different people as much as you can"

m&m1992

Smash Cadet
beeing fast and smart is very hard, cause my mind is slower than my fingers xD
i think that i always have to attack without thinking about the results -.-

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
does anyone have any idea when this will be completed?!
im getting anxious. lol

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Yeah, i play CF in melee (not that i can do any of the crazy sh*t other than knee abuse), but just out of curiosity, is it really necessary to use things like moonwalking and ledgejumping? i mean, it seems more like one of those overly situational things rather than being generally useful

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
Yeah, i play CF in melee (not that i can do any of the crazy sh*t other than knee abuse), but just out of curiosity, is it really necessary to use things like moonwalking and ledgejumping? i mean, it seems more like one of those overly situational things rather than being generally useful
wall jumps are a good way to mix up your recovery. moonwalking.... i guess you could say it works to mindgame your opponent but i usually only do it when theyre off stage or something. its not necessary to use to be good with falcon though

edit:

any tips on falcon vs peach???

DJRome

Smash Hero
what are ways that i can bait sheiks so that i can get a grab when they camp?

can i chaingrab sheiks? how would they have to di to avoid the cg?

how should i follow their di from nairs, uairs, etc?

what % is the uthrow uair/fair guaranteed?

really looking for tips involving sheik

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
up throw>knee around 70ish give or take 5%

up throw chain grab can be done only if they DI in or dont DI

if they DI away try to tech chase with a stomp for their tech in place/dont tech option

the upthrow chain grab goes from like 0-30 i think but only with garbage DI

then after that i think you can up throw>up air> re-grab

you can also down throw chain grab from 0 too i think, with the same bad DI

heres a good example of all that from scar's trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE9rk__tW7I#t=0m54s

also the best place to ask question would be in the ask about cf thread

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
hey what's up captain mains

I'm a doc main but I have been using both captain and fox as seconds. Anyone going to cats4peace, midwest circuit event this weekend?

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
I'm just picking up melee after dropping Brawl...I want to **** with Falcon since he was my main in SSBB ... but the failures of that game and Falcon there were too much for me to handle.

I'm looking for some sort of list of things I should learn in this game. Tech skill...things I should practice before going to a tourney in Practice mode and on level 1 NPCs like timing L-Canceling if you don't hit and when you do hit since they're completely different timings..

Is there a thread anywhere that shows all the tech skill things to learn in this game? The basic ones everyone talks about are shffl...I thought this thread would be of use but I came in and it was pretty empty :(

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea scar sucks at making threads

basically what your gonna wanna do is practice with fox or falco to learn all the advanced techs

just for that tho, dont stay with fox/falco

go into the fox boards and look for that..i dont know anywhere specific tho sorry

actaually i lied

watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE

its just part 1 so find the rest, but practice with fox to learn the fastest ok

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Yeah...there's no way I'm giving up Falcon. He's just too much epic in one character.

I kinda dislike Fox and Falco....what's the upside to using them to learn the tech skill though...out of curiousity? If it helps it helps but just out of curiousity.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Fox and Falco are harder to use. When you're done learning techskill with them it'll be a lot easier to learn the other characters.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
no

he will never

becauase hes GAY

and WESTCOAST

which are basically the same thing

; ]

<3gaywestcoastscar

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Does anyone else think Scar will never finish making this? <_<
finish: no, there's always more to be added

update: eventually...?

OP:
This is my guide to everything you need to know. Your education begins now.

The matchup thread comes next. I expect to have it completed by mid April[2009]. The training regimen will include a video and will take more time, expect it in May[2009]. The FAQs will be completed as i think of FAQs that i can answer.
(It was edited since then.) I have faith that Scar will make an excellent, top-notch guide... when he gets around to it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok question. What do you guys thinkg of the PILL? Do you like it? Do you not like it? Sometimes [SOMETIEMZ] that **** can save you. Sresly. Like if you accidently falcon punch in the air (or randomly) and I accidently hit you with the pill when I meant to but its accidental in the case that you are saved. D:LFKDSJFDSKFJ D: <

But yeah what do you think of the pill. :3

tubes

Smash Ace
Ok question. What do you guys thinkg of the PILL? Do you like it? Do you not like it? Sometimes [SOMETIEMZ] that **** can save you. Sresly. Like if you accidently falcon punch in the air (or randomly) and I accidently hit you with the pill when I meant to but its accidental in the case that you are saved. D:LFKDSJFDSKFJ D: <

But yeah what do you think of the pill. :3
Just nair through the pills.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think I'll read it too. When its done. I want to know what to do with my training regimen.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Why is everyone on Scars ****? >___>
My comment wasn't meant as anything negative, I guess I could have phrased it better. I can't exactly tell what the word is so Idk if you are saying my comment was overly positive or negative. If it was, in fact, the positive end you did not think was appropriate, I am merely glad to see progress on the first full falcon guide since Angelobangelo's.

Top Bottom