• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Captain Falcon FAQ and Training Guide

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Q: Are there any benefits of gettting used to Fox or any other character, then playing Captain Falcon again? or does it affect you when playing CF again due to habits, what your used to and the similar, I just want to see what you guys think experience-wise after playing another character and then playing CF again.

Scar

#HarveyDent
if you feel that your CF is getting mechanical and repetitive then YES, play a different character for a while. to get better you have to stay creative and always learn new things about your character, and if you are at a point where you feel unable to do that, then either take time off from the game, watch vids, or play someone new for a while.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
i should prob finish this at some point...
That would be nice, especially since there is no current guide of any great use to many beginning players. Like those who know the basics, but haven't played falcon before.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
That would be nice, especially since there is no current guide of any great use to many beginning players. Like those who know the basics, but haven't played falcon before.
cant just put the pressure on scar lol. Everone who can help and hasnt is at fault lol.

I just blamed myself.:ohwell:

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
All right, I don't know if this is helpful but...

aren't falcon dittos a GREAT way to train your falcon??

Maybe this is just personal preference, but I feel like playing against another Falcon is the best match up because it totally comes down to skill.

Because Falcon's tech->roll is slower than fox/falco's he's the perfect character to train against when it comes to tech chasing because he's easier to read/predict. Right?

Also, since Falcon isn't the easier character to gimp with (like marth or fox) it makes the match more enjoyable and you can practice getting your opponent in combos and getting his damage up. And you don't have to worry about projectiles so it helps you practice being patience knowing when to strike (instead of someone like falco for example)

Scar, what do you think? You play at a high level, lol, you would know better than I would Am I making any sense?

Scar

#HarveyDent
i think diversity is the key. falcon dittos are great if you're playing against someone better/more experienced than you because you can pick up on some of the nuance of CF play that you may not have noticed on your own.

otherwise it's pretty much the same as fox/falco, except you need to know the fox/falco matchup more than you need to know how to falcon ditto since you'll run into very few good CF players in tournaments.

the more practice you get against different characters and (probably more importantly) different playstyles, the better you'll get at the game. that's why we all say "go to tournaments," it's the only reliable way you'll come into contact with fresh players, which for some reason just translates very rapidly into overall growth as a player.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Yeah I see what you're saying.

I wish I had people more on my level who play with fox. I'm either playing against my friends who play with fox and suck or I'm playing against Shoyu (best in the state) and getting ***** so hard, I don't know what's happening.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
haha racer x lol.

yea just play more. I often play against the comps level 4 on dream land unlimited. I just do it to stay fresh. I like playing falcos the best.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Q: Is it good to train on lvl 9 comps? because I keep losing to comps like Peach, Luigi & Ganon. I can muck around lvl 9's such as Falco and Fox, but when it comes to people that float around and interupt your SHFFL with jabs before you can even do em', it's just too difficult for me. So I need help.

DUB

Smash Lord
This is nice Scar. The training section should be helpful.

You coming to HERB2? We should Falcon ditto a little.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
his worst matchups are sheik, fox, and falco. he actually does pretty well against marth. he goes kind of even against some mid tier characters but for the most part he ***** the rest of the cast

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
for comboing lvl 3-4 have fairly realistic DI. I play lvl 9's to practice SDIing out of jabs and also cuz they attack more cuz the game is not 1 sided there is offense and defense.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i wouldn't practice combos on CPUs, their DI is too predictable and your combos can't be set in stone

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Thats true but sometimes predictible practice is better than nothing as long as you are able to adapt when playing.

I just get bored sometimes lol

Pi

Smash Hero
I can do most **** in this game but haven't been able to easily chain moonwalks >.>
Someone read my mind and tell me what I'm doing wrong or something

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I can do most **** in this game but haven't been able to easily chain moonwalks >.>
Someone read my mind and tell me what I'm doing wrong or something
Its probably the positioning of the your stick, no homo. You should try to get from Forward to backwards as efficiently as possible without going straight across the middle.

Pi

Smash Hero
idk, i guess i'll practice moonwalking from a standing position, cause i seem to be lacking there
i can do the dashdance->moonwalk pretty well, get quite a bit of distance from that
my main problem is getting the dash out of the moonwalk to initiate the second phase of it

tubes

Smash Ace
you really just need to post basic **** like Nair is good and don't approach Marth. Other than that the ask Scar Falcon questions thread has everything and is always up to date with the current metagame.

Also you could add a Scarjump guide.

Top Bottom