• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Results to the largest Smash Ultimate ballot. (its not over yet)

Are you happy with the results?

• Total voters

Grain

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone!

For the past 3 months i've been gathering results for a fan ballot where people vote for who they want in smash brothers!

We can now say that this is the largest fan ballot for smash brothers ultimate if we get just 1.5k more votes we'll have the largest fan ballot IN THE WORLD

please help us get to that point!

You can vote here!

But onto the results.

Currently these are the results, please be respectful to everyone in the comments, on my twitter people have not taken the results for number one very well, its sad to see so please respect everyone and who they vote for ok? this is all just for a bit of fun!

AGAIN I'D LIKE TO STRESS THE BALLOT IS NOT OVER

Please vote here and share this poll with your friends or any other communities you know of! we can become the worlds largest ballot ever if we all just vote for who we want!

Thanks to each and every one of you have have voted thus far! it really means alot!

Lets do this lads! i'll come back and let you know the results when we hit the big 20,000

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
A Character from Jet Set Radio, interestingly he isn't the main character.
It definitely makes the list seem like it has a very specific sample survey...

SharkLord

Smash Hero
On one hand, Reimu's dropping. I guess that's to be expected with how obscure Touhou is to the Smash fandom and the West, but still...
On the other hand, Bandana Dee's very close to the top five, with Sora only just beating him out. Very impressive, all things considered. It's also a pleasant surprise to see Klonoa even being acknowledged at all.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
This poll is so obviously memed by Siiva fans you can just smell it from the results.

Also the largest ballot for Smash has over 40k responses, don't know why you think this one is bigger than that.

Last edited:

Grain

Smash Rookie
This poll is so obviously memed by Siiva fans you can just smell it from the results.

Also the largest ballot for Smash has over 40k responses, don't know why you think this one is bigger than that.
alright that's interesting, i tried researching that with a bunch of mates and the ballot i saw with the most votes was the SSBUnews twitter ballot done around 3 years ago

along with that, i've had alot of people comment on my posts on twitter talking about other ballots and none have mentioned this 40k one for smash ultimate, if its alright for you man can you link me to it so i can see it for myself? because i've never heard of it before in my life. and if im calling myself the biggest i'd like to make sure thats true :) thank you!

OH THAT REMINDS ME, IN CASE YOUR TALKING ABOUT SOURCE GAMINGS BALLOT

mine IS bigger than it, see source did a 6 votes per person rule whereas mine is only one vote per person. so while source had more character requests mine has more voters if you see what i mean

Last edited:

Grain

Smash Rookie
It definitely makes the list seem like it has a very specific sample survey...
Ahaha, i did try my best to spread the poll out as far and wide as i could, obviously my twitter but interestingly i think i've gotten more votes from discord overall,

of course i've tried to spread it here as well but unfortunately im not too active on this site :( but i've managed to get alot of support from instagram as well!!

i think the professor K votes are an combination of both the takeover, along with jetsetradioLIVE which retweeted this a few times,

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ahaha, i did try my best to spread the poll out as far and wide as i could, obviously my twitter but interestingly i think i've gotten more votes from discord overall,

of course i've tried to spread it here as well but unfortunately im not too active on this site :( but i've managed to get alot of support from instagram as well!!

i think the professor K votes are an combination of both the takeover, along with jetsetradioLIVE which retweeted this a few times,
I dont want to discredit your work- but I think that sentence shows exactly the issue with the poll.

Grain

Smash Rookie
I dont want to discredit your work- but I think that sentence shows exactly the issue with the poll.
Well what can you do? your always going to find groups of people who vote for a specific character, but i dont think its out of malice, they genuinely want that one character in the game, and i think its amazing that the efforts they've shown has managed to make the character show up on my leaderboard!

at the very least i can say the votes weren't botted, the only character i believe was botted was elma from xenoblade:)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well what can you do? your always going to find groups of people who vote for a specific character, but i dont think its out of malice, they genuinely want that one character in the game, and i think its amazing that the efforts they've shown has managed to make the character show up on my leaderboard!

at the very least i can say the votes weren't botted, the only character i believe was botted was elma from xenoblade:)
I'm just stating, the polls data is invalidated because the sample survey leans heavily towards a targeted group- in this case, the group who read the retweet of the company you stated.

Grain

Smash Rookie
I'm just stating, the polls data is invalidated because the sample survey leans heavily towards a targeted group- in this case, the group who read the retweet of the company you stated.
wouldn't that then mean that every poll's data is in turn then invalidated? because say for example nintendo did another ballot and then they retweeted it that would make Nintendos own ballot data invalid?

its interesting to talk about this stuff! tho i think saying the data is invalid is a bit of a stretch, no poll will have data that isn't targeted by a specific group thats just the way it goes!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
That is hardly the biggest poll ever.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
This dojo one would be the biggest one ever, and was actually made in the times where fan polls mattered to actually get the aproximate current trend of big votes at that time when the official ballot happened. I don't want to discredit any other fan poll out there at the moment but, honestly, I don't see what's the point of new polls these days. It's not like they are telling of what could happen, specially when pass 2 was already decided around E3 of last year. The great thing about the dojo one and others around the official ballot way back then, is that they were telling of what the big trending votes actually were when it mattered, and it even actually showed results of what we got in Ultimate for the most part.

Last edited:

Grain

Smash Rookie
That is hardly the biggest poll ever.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
This dojo one would be the biggest one ever, and was actually made in the times where fan polls mattered to actually get the aproximate current trend of big votes at that time when the official ballot happened. I don't want to discredit any other fan poll out there at the moment but, honestly, I don't see what's the point of new polls these days. It's not like they are telling of what could happen, specially when pass 2 was already decided around E3 of last year. The great thing about the dojo one and others around the official ballot way back then, is that they were telling of what the big trending votes actually were when it mattered, and it even actually showed results of what we got in Ultimate for the most part.
ah sorry man the dojo one i believe is actually 5 polls mixed into one which is kind of a cop out when it comes to the biggest ballot ever, following that logic i can add up my poll, source gamings, papagenos ect and become the mega poll, not to mention the dojo is for smash 4 not ultimate! though i totally can understand why you think ballots don't matter, for me its just a bit of fun to do during quarantine, still saying who we want in smash is just a nice way to get the community talking i feel, i've had some really nice talks with people over who they want! the master chief fanbase for example is really cool!

In terms of Ultimate this is the biggest poll! and i've seen alot of changes with the smash fanbase since ultimate i've had hardly any requests for some characters that are big names in that dojo poll! such as krystal!

there IS one poll that is bigger than me and we're gonna try our best to beat it :D though thank you for mentioning the dojo poll its something i should have clarified in the OG post! Thank you!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
wouldn't that then mean that every poll's data is in turn then invalidated? because say for example nintendo did another ballot and then they retweeted it that would make Nintendos own ballot data invalid?

its interesting to talk about this stuff! tho i think saying the data is invalid is a bit of a stretch, no poll will have data that isn't targeted by a specific group thats just the way it goes!
The idea of a poll is to get an approximate idea of what the general consensus of the target audience would be.
There are many ways that a poll needs to accurately do this, including having a a sample survey that consists generally in consistency of the overall target audience.
If one portion gets too skewed, such as more publicity to a very minor (size wise) company, then the data becomes innacurate for a larger representation of the overall audience.

Nintendo owners and prospective buyers, being the audience intended for a poll, would not harm the numbers for their intended need.

That said, valiant effort.

Grain

Smash Rookie
Welp. we did it, we passed 22,000 votes. i'll come back here and let you all know about the results

Top Bottom