• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RESULTS: IT'S SOVA BABY!!! - Melee Revival!!! 1/31/09

Ether

Smash Ace
For smash? A desolate wasteland with only me traversing it. Just living here? A desolate wasteland with only me traversing it.
XD

Ether - Sooo... good lol. I was the guy playing Sheik in the first round of teams. I'd love to play you guys again sometime, but living in Fredericksburg makes playing other people difficult :ohwell:.
NEVER go red Sheik against me. NEVER ever EVER. gg, though. How do you know about me and Schoolie if you're coming from Fredericksburg? It was fun playing you.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
everyone should post back in the sova thread. let this event go rofl.

Ether

Smash Ace
I would pay money to get to see even one match of Puff&Cuts vs. Topebear & the sky princess. Can someone upload a match to yousendit.com and PM the link? Or upload all the vids to yousendit and send them to me, and I'll put them up on Youtube.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
yo man I'm workin on it...some of the vids will be up tonight, including that matchup you mentioned

this has been kind of a crazy week for me, sorry for the delay with vids...finding the right format and **** has been hell too since it's not what I'm used to [hah, Malco, I'm not complaining since I KNEW this was going to be an issue, I'm just letting everyone else know what the deal is :)]

I was going to wait til I had all the vids ready to upload before I uploaded any of them, but I don't mind putting them up separately since it's taking so much time

Ether

Smash Ace
yeah toasty, good ****. I know you always get hackled by people wanting vids (this time it's me!), so I wanted to help if I could. But matches are gonna be up tonight? yayuhz

Boomer

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about the quality... it was crappy... :\

BTW a name change would be nice... it blows having to explain who I am every post that's relevant...

Corigames

Smash Hero
If I hold a tournament in... say... April...

How many SoVa people would come? Like, everyone right? : D

Corigames

Smash Hero
It was 7 hours from my place to Norfolk. I was on I-64 the whole way.

I know it's not a unit of distance, but that's what you are looking at.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
more vids should be viewable by the afternoon...

losers finals
grand finals
TEAMS losers finals
TEAMS grand finals

LoZR Vs. GEOS

Ether Vs. GEOS

www.youtube.com/curiousenver

and Corey...I dunno man :( that's a long drive and I've got too many obligations [esp with my parents, hard to explain...just trust me] to say with confidence that I'd be able to make it.

I'm also trying to host the next big one in April, so if you do hold a tourney lemme know the date so I don't step on its toes or anything :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
I was just offered a job to work construction in Virginia at, possibly, $20 an hour.

I have never done this kind of work before, but, if I do take the job, I will move out of my mom's house, have my own place, have a good paying job, and be near you crazy non West Virginians.

Is this awesome?

rhan

Smash Hero
Construction is difficult. Especially during the coldest of cold days and during the hottest of hot days. But if you like being outside and working a lot with your hands then it sounds like a great job.

It's your choice though bro. If you think that this will positivly effect your life then go for it. Only make the choice that is right for you.

Corigames

Smash Hero
construction is a hard life

go to school
I went to school, I'm 40k in debt and couldn't pull out any more loans to move on.

Don't say **** unless you know ****.

Edit:
Wow, word filter makes that entire statement twenty times less funny...

Also, I have no problem with the work, it's just that I'll probably be moving to the area around Clover (wherever that is in VA) and will be significantly closer to SoVa. This means I will have more income and be closer to tournaments and events. I will just be working construction... which I'm sure is tiring.

Top Bottom