• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RESULTS: 3/31/2012 Tucson Monthlies "ツーソン!"

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Tucson Monthlies "ツーソン!"

Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263662

Melee Singles​
1: Wobbles ($67.00) :icsmelee:
2: Axe ($36.00) :pikachumelee:
3: GG7 ($12.00) :falconmelee:
4: Tai :marthmelee:
5: Rubyiris :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
5: Silly Kyle :peachmelee:
7: Angel :yoshimelee:
7: OkamiBW :sheikmelee:
9: Max :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
9: Jetfour :falconmelee: 何でも
9: Girku :falcomelee:
9: V3ctorman :yoshimelee:
13: DownToFish :linkmelee:
13: EEF :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:
13: Prof. Oksas :ganonmelee: :foxmelee:
13: Nicknyte :luigimelee:
17: Mtrain ?
17: SmurfyEXE :linkmelee:
17: KiraFlax :ganonmelee:
17: Tag$ :foxmelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
21: Adict :peachmelee:
21: Bane :ganonmelee:
21: =) ?
21: K9 :marthmelee: :ganonmelee:

Brawl Singles

1: KiraFlax ($66.00) :rob: :pit:
2: Silly Kyle ($33.00) :peach:
3: K9 ($11.00) :falco:
4: Stevo :dk2: :mario2:
5: TommyDerMeister :popo: :snake:
5: Moo :metaknight:
7: Meow K* :gw:
7: Smiley :gw: :peach:
9: Herro* :lucario:
9: Jane :olimar:
9: OkamiBW :lucario: :metaknight:
9: Airvault :random:

*Meow K won against Herro, but had to leave and allowed Herro to take his spot in the bracket.

Melee Doubles​

1: ロリコンのおっぱい (Silly Kyle and OkamiBW) ($24.00)
2: Big Thangs Poppin' (Axe and V3ctorman) ($12.00)
3: Plenipotentiary (jetfour and GG7) ($4.00)
4: WoGirk (Girku and Wobbles)
5: The Prince and the Princess (Tai and Falcoty)
6: RubyNoko (Rubyiris and SuperNoko)
7: OKMAS (Max and Prof. Oksas)
8: 4th Place (Eef and Adict)
9: TR4Q (Angel and DownToFish)
10: Kung Pao (MTrain and Bane)

Brawl Doubles​

1: K9 and KiraFlax ($49.00)
2: Silly Kyle and Tommy ($21.00)
3: Meow K and Wafty
4: OkamiBW and Axe
5: Prof. Oksas and herro
5: =) and butz
7: Derp and Jane

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Reserved for Okami's shoutouts.

1: Wobbles ($67.00) :icsmelee:
Sopopopo. I don’t care if you came first in life or in Melee, you’ll still always be “Other Rob” to me.

2: Axe ($36.00) :pikachumelee:
Pikaaa. We didn’t know how to play that one smash game, but we still did alright in it, lol. Wait until I get good at it. Give me about a week. That’s how long it takes, right?

3: GG7 ($12.00) :falconmelee:
こんにちにゃ!You’re still mad legit even with your long break you took. Kinda glad I didn’t help you make any combo video stuff this tourney. X_X

4: Tai :marthmelee:
Andrewww. You seemed quite off at the tournament. Something bugging you irl? Perhaps we’ll have better games (friendlies?) at Nyte.

5: Rubyiris :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
Give me awhile to get over you saying, “The score is 1-1, but it should be 2-0 right now.” Stop calling me when texting will do the same thing. Only call if it’s urgent, like helping to carry equip or whatever. And if I decline your call twice, it doesn’t mean call again.

5: Silly Kyle :peachmelee:
Nyaaa. Good stuff in teams. Let’s take 1st at NYTE. We should practice tomorrow if we can.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Let it be known that I actually beat Herro, but I had to leave before the tourney ended, so I let him take my place. So please switch me and herro on the bracket.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
1: Wobbles ($67.00) Boss! It was great getting to play you in pools and getting to sit down and talk with you over dinner. Believe it or not, I learned a lot from both of those experiences, so thank you very much!
2: Axe ($36.00) That Pikachu is ok, I guess*, but that YL is ridiculous! Please post more vids of you playing him, I want to get as good as you!
*it KOs Ground-types with Electric-type attacks
3: GG7 ($12.00) All those Falcon dittos were fantastic, I wish I had had the foresight to record some of them!
4: Tai - Good sh*t! You free for Smash anytime this week? I have some new ideas about my game I'd like to bounce off you.
5: Rubyiris - I hope this tournament gives you some perspective on how skilled you truly are, man, lol.
5: Silly Kyle - The ultimate fury of YL has yet to descend upon you with a fiery dair!
= I am sad I didn't get to play you D8
7: Angel - That Yoshi iz 2gud! I wish I had half the determination and dedication you do. Also, I may have to change up my character choice in doubles. I get the distinct feeling that Yoshi/Link starts to lose its effectiveness once the novelty wears off ...
7: OkamiBW - Theorycrafting with you is fun, as always ^_^ GGs in bracket.
9: Max - GGs. Next time you shall not be so lucky!
9: Jetfour - GGs, both Friday and Saturday. It's always a ton of fun playing you.
9: Girku - Keep up the good work! Also, Falco dittos!
9: V3ctorman - GET OWNED BY ANGEL! jk, you are a pretty cool guy, and it was great to finally meet you.
13: DownToFish - Grow some balls and stick with your main!
13: European Equestrian Forum - Don't worry, next time we'll trash everybody!
13: Nicknyte - GGs. Wish I'd gotten to play you a few more rounds.
17: SmurfyEXE - Good stuff with that Link, there. Sorry about going Falcon on you, I asked myself, "Do I care about honor, or do I want to win?" and you know the rest ... Sad I didn't get to play some Link dittos in friendlies, tho. Imma have to steal that bomb-dthrow techroll thing for the Link Techs Thread, that sh*t is hilarious.
21: Adict - Thanks a ton for the ride! Don't let one bad result discourage you, you legitimately just got really unlucky with so many of the top players attending one tournament. You really surprised me with how good you are, and you will for sure do better next time!

GGs to everyone I played in friendlies, pools, and doubles! I'm converting/uploading those vids to my channel as I write this. And to everyone who is going, good luck at NYTE!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
1: Wobbles: Chokesies at the end. I just couldn't get a solid combo going on your last stock, then went in too hard on that last approach. Think I could have gotten it with one more laser. I learned a lot about the ICs match up as we were playing. Something just clicked with me, and I figured out what works. GGs on winning, though.

2: Axe: Playing vs you is mentally draining. You're just outright better than me at every aspect of the game, and it's like I'm spending more time trying to just run away, than anything else.

3: GG7: Bothers me that you don't even play and you're still as good as you are.

4: Tai: I'm starting to feel like I can't touch you anymore. Decided to not allow you to scare me in to not lasering. It seemed to work, but I kept messing up my laser height, and kept shooting them too high. I went in to the match intending on using your PS accuracy against you, but it doesn't help if I'm not shooting my lasers low enough. :p

5: Silly Kyle: Chill the **** out, man.

7: Angel: Good stuff on beating Tim.

7: OkamiBW: Sorry about the salt. After the first two stocks first game I felt mentally jumbled, and couldn't do what I wanted to. Glad I was able to get it back in time to bring the set back.

9: Max: You're getting really scary. You should have beaten me that set.

9: Jetfour: You sandbag way too hard.

9: Girku: Fun friendlies.

9: V3ctorman: I loved getting friendlies in with you, but it still bothers me that you hardly play, or only play with Sebas/Elvis and you're still significantly better than me, someone who plays regularly, with better competition. Your combos with Falco are just amazing.

13: DownToFish: To be honest, playing with Tim/Tai/Axe shows me how mediocre I am. I feel like I just don't have what it takes to be anywhere near as good as them, and it's really discouraging.

13: EEF: Play your main(s) broski.

13: Prof. Oksas: Good stuff this tournament. Looking forward to playing with you some more.

13: Nicknyte: It was awesome seeing you, and Sara. Looking forward to next weekend.

17: Mtrain: We didn't play.

17: SmurfyEXE: Tough luck on pools. Great seeing you again, though.

17: KiraFlax: Good stuff in brawl, and it was cool that you entered melee. :)

17: Tag$: Nice seeing you. Don't forget your controller next time. Also that was really nice of you to let John take your spot.

21: Adict: Your Peach took me off guard at first. Good stuff!

21: Bane: We didn't play, but your Ganon was looking good. Hope to see you come out more often.

21: =): Always good to see you.

25: K9: Saw you play, since a lot of your stuff was on my recording set up. Looking good, keep it up. Saw lots of silly brawl habits that made me chuckle. :)

Tommy: ILY man. Enter melee more often.
Herro: You're chill as ****. I'll try to come by before Nyte.
Shoutouts to Mandarin chicken.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
@Derek: I should be available on Tuesday, Thursday, and/or Friday. Bounce away! By the way, me vs Rubyiris is on your laptop. You should upload that.

One-Up

Smash Apprentice
me and meow *****. Wafty & Meow... making pros look free since the 31st ahahahahahhahahahaha

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
Tucson Monthlies "ツーソン!"

4: OkamiBW and Axe
5: Prof. Oksas and herro
oh really well i guess we need to run this at nyte or pre-nyte.

Let it be known that I actually beat Herro, but I had to leave before the tourney ended, so I let him take my place. So please switch me and herro on the bracket.
Yes he did great match Meow ill have to play you again i made a lot of mistakes that game.

oksas

oak-sauce
sweet. i'll do shoutouts later at some point. i uploaded some matches on my channel, for those that didn't see in the tourney thread. most of them are me/max in doubles, with a few random others including me/herro in brawl, and okami/axe in brawl: http://www.youtube.com/user/oaksmash/

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
right,

Jeff: So good to see you again, man!
Chris: Always legit
Tai: Good to see you
Xander: hello again :3
Rob: A smooth time as always
Jackie: Your hair is so suave
Elvis: <3 Luigi fo life

Kevin: Congrats on forcing your way through grand finals, that was intense, especially being the spectacle that you were to the rest of the people in the venue lol
Kyle: I was rooting for you, man. Oh and **** you during doubles
Shawn: I was so sad seeing you lose to Kevin. Rep the **** out of us at Nyte
Steven: Friendlies was fun, once I get past the whole unstoppable jiggly bull**** lol. Next time I guess
Tommy: Watching your ICs was the most fun I've ever had watching brawl. no joke
Moo: Good to see you
Meow and Wafty: Good **** in doubles, guys. So impressed
Z: whaddup, mang
Jonny: I blew hard **** in doubles, sorry bro. I am forever envious of your shiny locks

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
1: KiraFlax ($66.00) :rob: :pit:
2: Silly Kyle ($33.00) :peach:
3: K9 ($11.00) :falco:
4: Stevo :dk2: :mario2:
5: TommyDerMeister :popo: :snake:
5: Moo :metaknight:
7: Meow K :gw:
7: Smiley :gw: :peach:

I think these were the characters used...

-------

Shoutouts to come later!

Adict

Smash Cadet
Was my first tournament and was a blast. Drove 8 hours to get there and did terrible, and ill be doing the same thing for the next one lol, totally worth it

:phone:

EEF

Smash Rookie
1: Wobbles ($67.00)- didn't play you, didn't talk to you. good stuff.
2: Axe ($36.00)- i always feel so disappointed after playing you, i really feel i should be playing better...I've been to enough tournaments that my fingers shouldn't be locking up like that anymore.
3: GG7 ($12.00)- only played a few friendlies with you.. you made me lol with your antics on multiple occasions, keep it up ;)
4: Tai- i did abysmally against you...i need to stick to a character...
5: Rubyiris- didn't play you. i hope i do next time.
5: Silly Kyle- didn't play you either...
7: Angel- you are ridiculously good, stop doubting that.
7: OkamiBW- i've decided on my main now, hopefully next time you won't be so disappointed at my terribleness
9: Max- didn't play you, but i watched some of your matches and you are seriously improving, legit.
9: Jetfour 何でも- I wanna say thanks again for friendly-ing with me for so long, i really feel like i got a lot out of that. thanks man.
9: Girku- meow.
9: V3ctorman- nice talkin to you, fun pool matches, even though i blow.
13: DeepTreeFrog/DeliciousTeriyakiFlapjacks/D-TierFetish/DrippingTorpulentFlesh- stick to a tag.
13: EEF- future looks good eh?
13: Prof. Oksas- you're a cool guy, keep coming out, i really like talkin to you.
13: Nicknyte- didn't play. =\
17: Mtrain- melee is pretty fun.
17: SmurfyEXE- I like the papa smurf, we didn;t play
17: KiraFlax- it's really cool that some of you brawlers are joining the melee bracket, i hope you atleast enjoy it.
17: Tag$- were you really there? i somehow didn't see you at all...like not even once... well, keep coming out man, you're good and i like playing you.
21: Adict- Huge thanks for the crazy long drive. i think the main thing you have to do to get better is just continue playing people competetively until you feel comfortable playing under that kind of pressure. your peach is really solid, i am really genuinely impressed with the amount you have seemed to improve.
21: Bane- ggs in pool
21: =)- It's nice to see you coming out so often, even if it is for brawl. cool of you to join melee.
21: K9- Brawl FTW! not really... i know it's pretty hard to jump from brawl physics to melee physics, if it helps, i could still see that you were a good player, unfortunately, it is tourney matches, so i just took advantage of the little mistakes you were making, but you seem to have a really good competetive mindset going into matches.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I didn't get to play many people, so I won't do shoutouts to everyone, I'm just gonna do highlights.
I really enjoyed meeting some of the Tuscon players. GnW dittos were as horrid as described.
Doubles was crazy as hell, for my first time in doubles I'm satisfied with myself, me and wafty for underdogs of the year!
It sucks that I couldn't stay to the end of brawl singles, but the matches I watched/played were awesome.
I will now be pitching in for Eegee's (however that's spelled)

Can't wait for the next one that I can make it to.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Was my first tournament and was a blast. Drove 8 hours to get there and did terrible, and ill be doing the same thing for the next one lol, totally worth it

I went in to outlet set expecting to 3/4 stock you, but then you zero to death comboed me twice in like 30 seconds. That was a pretty awesome reality check. Hope to see you come out to more of these.

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
If I go to NYTE (low chance because of work) we'll have to do some friendlies.
I didn't get to play many people, so I won't do shoutouts to everyone, I'm just gonna do highlights.
I really enjoyed meeting some of the Tuscon players. GnW dittos were as horrid as described.
Doubles was crazy as hell, for my first time in doubles I'm satisfied with myself, me and wafty for underdogs of the year!
It sucks that I couldn't stay to the end of brawl singles, but the matches I watched/played were awesome.
I will now be pitching in for Eegee's (however that's spelled)

Can't wait for the next one that I can make it to.

Ya eegees told you they were awesome and no i will never pick tails. Also hope you show man will be fun at night.

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
1: Wobbles ($67.00) I like ice climbers. Congratz on the win.
2: Axe ($36.00) I also like young link ;D Always super awesome fun to play you.
3: GG7 ($12.00) Our pool matches and friendlies were quite exhilarating. Oh and I enjoy falcon too.
4: Tai - I really should play more friendlies with you. Need moar marth experience. I'll be sure to track you down next time. Fun bracket match.
5: Rubyiris - We didn't get to play in tourney. I was looking forward to playing your falco again.
5: Silly Kyle - I really feel like i'm getting used to playing against peach. Great pool matches :))
7: Angel - Yoshi
7: OkamiBW - I was really rooting for Vman to beat your sheik :p Oh well, I hope I get to play your sheik next time.
9: Max - Did we play? I don't remember...
9: Jetfour 何でも - !!! Insanely intense match. You had me on the edge of my seat! GG :))
9: Girku - Falco all day!
9: V3ctorman - Hey buddy, it was great to see you again. (I like roy by the way) Hope to play you more often.
13: DownToFish - So who are you planning on using in teams instead of link? (young link?)
13: EEF - I'll hope see you in bracket next tourney ;)
13: Prof. Oksas - I don't remember if we played, but it was great of you to have those vids up so quickly
13: Nicknyte - Luigi as strong as ever. good matches in pools
17: Mtrain ? - GG's in pools
17: SmurfyEXE - Great friendlies. Your link gave me quite a whooping.
21: Adict - Your peach is starting to scare me as we play friendlies. Hopefully I'll continue to be afraid as we attend and play more and more tourneys.

This tournament was quite amazing. Enjoyed every minute of it.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
13: DownToFish - So who are you planning on using in teams instead of link? (young link?)
I'd say I was a secret, but after last tourney's SHOCKING surprise, I think that'd be trollin'. I'm thinking about possibly going tank-mode with Peach, but I suppose I may also go aggro with Falcon or Falco.

EDIT: 'Course, in keeping with the team name, I could decide to go beast mode with some random low-tier whom I feel can get the kills/gimps with a little djc and egg-bomb support 8D

Adict

Smash Cadet
1: Wobbles ($67.00) - Thanks for the talk after our pool match, it really gave me a lot to think about.
2: Axe ($36.00) - Was awesome too meet you. You're one of my fav smashers to watch and an awesome dude. Didn't get to play you unfortunately.
3: GG7 ($12.00) - Only got to play you in doubles, but was fun messing with you the entire time. just make sure you leave my couch alone.
4: Tai - didn't really interact with you too much, will have to change that next time.
5: Rubyiris - good pool matches. you seem like a cool dude. if it hadnt been for the fact that i live right next to girku and get tons of falco practice, you would have 4 stocked me lol.
5: Silly Kyle - didn't really interact with you much either, but <3 for peach.
7: Angel - no matter how long i continuously play your yoshi and your play style, i still only rarely beat you. keep up teh ownage.
7: OkamiBW - thanks a bunch for hosting these, didn't interact too much but your work is appreciated.
9: Max - not too sure if i played you...
9: Jetfour 何でも - crazy ownage man. i got wrecked in our pools match, hopefully ill do better next time.
9: Girku - get over to my house like, now for some matches (or later cause ill be quite busy lol)
9: V3ctorman - didn't interact much with you either, but props for the roy, i heart roy.
13: DownToFish - no prob for the ride, was happy to do it. next time ill take that set though :)
13: EEF - again no prob for the ride. stick with that fox though, i feel as if your consistency never falls short, but the fact that you switch so much stops you from really pushing forward with a character. stick with dat fox
13: Prof. Oksas - not sure that i played you..
13: Nicknyte - didnt play you. legit luigi though, awesome fun to watch
17: Mtrain ? - dont think i played you
17: SmurfyEXE - i was that peach/samus lol. good games. hopefully ill get more link practice in the future and do a little better next time, GGs :D
17: KiraFlax - dunno who you are
17: Tag$ - dunno who you are either
21: Adict - i hate this loser
21: Bane - dunno who you are
21: =) ? dunno who you are
21: K9 - dunno who you are either

crazy fun first tournament. shall be at all the future ones that i can attend.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I was in the middle of shoutouts and pressed some button that deleted the tab so i'm not writing everything again >_>

Shoutouts to Melee for being cool
Shoutouts to Brawl for being chill

I kinda liked the smallness of the Brawl tourney. It felt more tightknit actually and stuff.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I was in the middle of shoutouts and pressed some button that deleted the tab so i'm not writing everything again >_>

Shoutouts to Melee for being cool
Shoutouts to Brawl for being chill

I kinda liked the smallness of the Brawl tourney. It felt more tightknit actually and stuff.
I hope I don't regret saying this...but...Brawl finals were fun
ny
due to Flax.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
1: Wobbles: I can't beat you anymore when you're sober :O
2: Axe: You are so lucky. NO SKILL
3: GG7: We didn't bloody our knuckles
4: Tai: Good job teaming up against Coty
5: Rubyiris: I'll go Kirby next time :3
5: Silly Kyle: I'll go black Falcon next time :3
7: Angel: Our set was kickass, I wish I was Tai and reverse upB'd you instead :3
7: OkamiBW: It has become more difficult to troll you.
9: Max: Cool chillin' at your smokey room.
9: Jetfour: You're as good as Balls Deep
9: Girku: Yoshi.
9: V3ctorman: Practice more damn it.
13: DownToFish: lol 7 kill match
13: EEF: Stop suiciding when you're in the lead
and too lazy to finish
*power nap*

Top Bottom