• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resignation 2013

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Link to original post: [drupal=2047]Ladies and Gentlemen, my resignation[/drupal]

It's been a great experience, and I've really gained a new appreciation for all of the hard and thankless work that the staff puts in to keep this site running. It really has been fun taking a leadership role, and helping to make the boards on this forum a better place (or at least trying to).

Unfortunately, time is a problem. When the semester starts in late August, I simply will not have the time to fulfill my responsibilities. As many of you know, I'm married, have a son, and work. Add school to that equation, and something has to give. Sadly, it's SWF.

My resignation is effective August 1st. I've enjoyed my time as a moderator, and I hope you've enjoyed having me as one.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Well, hey.
Despite the fact that you were the one in charge of giving me infractions and that I haven't been here for long... I really thought that you were cool. :laugh:
Thanks for all you have done Jam. It's quite a coincidence that cool moderators are quitting on a few forums I go on regularly.

Come around whenever you feel like it, we'll be waiting for your future posts.
Stay cool Jam.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I would've gotten first post but the stupid server went out :mad:

You'll be missed Jam, you were a great mod. I hope you stay around UB still.

Stupid school, ruining everything...

bobson

Smash Lord
I hope this doesn't mean some ******** mod will take over user blogs and start deleting stuff.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You were a great mod man, and brought us BotW, something which encouraged a lot of great blogs.

Even if you don't continue modding, I hope you have enough time to leave some blogs every now and then, your blogs were always great to read.

Best wishes for school and such, you've got drive and motivation, so I'm sure you'll do well.

Take care man

- Teran

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I hope this doesn't mean some ******** mod will take over user blogs and start deleting stuff.
Yeah. Y'know, all that cool stuff like overdone topics, flamewars, and things that belong in other threads... That would be terrible. :laugh:

Good luck with things, Jam Stunna. (I don't know you well, so I must refer to you formally :mad:)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
You will be missed. :(

May I ask what you are going to school for? (Assuming a major or something. :p What's your plan to major in?)

We never really got to talk much. :/
I'm majoring in American Studies, with the ultimate goal of becoming a History teacher.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Moving on to bigger and better things, I see. I know someone who is a teacher. It's not an easy job, especially when you're starting out. But it can be rewarding at times.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You've been a great mod, Jam -- I know you've always had the best interests of the board in mind, even at times when I've disagreed with your decisions. Blog of the Week was a great addition, and I hope whoever becomes moderator of the forum next maintains that system. I know you'll be missed by me and the other regulars of the forum.

Best of luck to you in your studies, work, and life. I know you aren't leaving the boards altogether, but I'm sure this means you'll be less active and all, so I wish you well.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Cool story, bro.

I felt like you'd like that one last time );
You were an exceptional life and I'm happy that you know how to prioritize. You will be missed. Hopefully you'll still be on these boards. Thanks a lot for your service.

D

Deleted member

Hmm. Real life sucks.

Thanks for all the great modding you did Jam.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm majoring in American Studies, with the ultimate goal of becoming a History teacher.
You better block me on AIM while you're at it, because I may have a lot of questions. The only history I know deals with outer space.:-p

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
hahaha.

We need to get back in touch. I'm wishing you the best man. When i get back up to CT however many years that takes, we've gotta chill whether it's playing smash or not. Sad to see good mods go.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I never got to know you very well, but you were still always my favorite mod, except for a few times when Zook/SuSa tried being cool.

Take care dood.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
See ya Jam! :)

edit: i just noticed you mod this place by yourself. good show.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
No way. Not Jam. Gee, I was starting to get to know you. (Being scolded by a Mod means opportunity for a long-term friendship.)

I enjoyed you greatly. User Blogs has become the funnest and funniest thread for me in all of Smashboards. I'm a crybaby, so I am glad you will still be around at least.

I vote this Blog of the Month.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
the most comedic place in the SWF wont be the same anymore. Best of luck and I hope you achieve your goals ;)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Since UB is still down and I can't make new threads, I'm forced to announce my re-resignation as UB mod through this thread.

I hoped to maintain my position as the mod of UB at least through the summer, but I recently started a second job and I started classes yesterday, and after receiving my course requirements, there's no way I can juggle all of these things at once. I figure resigning now, while UB is essentially hibernating, will give the staff time to find a suitable replacement before it goes live again.

Thanks for allowing me to be your mod, and I'll still be around, even if not as much as I'd like to be.

Top Bottom