• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Research on the Chain.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Playing theory fighter in tournament is a dangerous game. Aerial chain has its uses in actual gameplay, but you would usually aim for that rather than a chain jacket.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Who was it that was saying something about FF Fairs with a CJ? Cuz I've experienced the same thing. It combo'd into itself a few times. It was weird. I think the opponent must have been DIing towards me during the second hit? I'll try and do something testing if nobody else does.

Dr.Peabody

Smash Journeyman
Many times the chain just jackets itself, it seems, in which case then entire chain will have the damage and knockback of the tip (but without electrical properties), making it significantly harder to run through. There also seems to be a lot more leniency in performing this.
(edit) - I don't know what exactly happens when you jacket the chain. It just seems that the whole chain get's the tip's knockback if you goof the timing just a little bit. (the tip still has the electric properties)

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW is its possible to jacket Zelda's moves.
(edit) - why yes, yes it is. But they don't seem to retain their electric qualities, either.
Does look like I was mistaken and tricking myself. Upon further testing, I used Sheik's bAir, 'cause that's fairly recognizable, then tried various Zelda moves. All jackets acted as the bAir.

Judo777

Smash Master
Who was it that was saying something about FF Fairs with a CJ? Cuz I've experienced the same thing. It combo'd into itself a few times. It was weird. I think the opponent must have been DIing towards me during the second hit? I'll try and do something testing if nobody else does.
That was me. Someone else guessed that it might be FFing the fair but i dont know it has happened three times to me.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
\ if you chain jacket Sheik's "jab attack" it creates a wind box on the outside and on the inside an attack that combo's into itself multiple times lol.

Top Bottom