• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Requiescat in Pace... Ezio Auditore da Firenze, sneaks his way in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
The Leader of the Brotherhood of Assassin's, the Avenger from the Shadows: Ezio steals the show!

1567705838315.png

Huh?
Ezio Auditore, a young man from Italy during the height of the Renaissance Era. He hailed from a family with long ties to the dying Brotherhood of Assassin's. When his family was wrongfully murdered and defiled, he took up the mantle and became histories greatest Assassin, building the Brotherhood back from the ashes of a time long forgotten. He also fist-fought the Pope.

Ok but why tho
Nintendo has had a very strong relationship with Ubisoft for very long time now, evidenced by the Mario x Rabbids crossover as well as nearly every Assassin's Creed game being ported to a Nintendo console. People argue that Rayman is a better fit, yet I'd disagree. While Ubisoft themselves would maybe say the Rabbids are their biggest mascot, there is no character more revered and iconic from the company than Ezio himself. With the tons of 3rd party characters and companies represented, Ubisoft is one of the biggest ones that have no significant representation yet and with the new announcement of a second batch of DLC characters I personally find his chances have been increased immensely.

Not only his iconic history, but also the Assassin's Creed series as a whole has cemented itself as revolutionary in the realm of Open-World games. Were it not for this series of games, we wouldn't have gotten such a robust and fleshed out world of adventure in Zelda: Breath of the Wild in particular thanks to the trends and mechanics developed and introduced in Assassin's Creed.

Moveset
General Gameplay Style
Ezio is an Assassin, as such he is skilled in stealth and quick kills. However, due to growing up as somewhat of a delinquent, he can hold his own in a melee fight. He could work well as both a mid-range and close-range fighter, with a plethora of equipment and weapons at his disposal. He could switch between his many swords, axes, and pole-arms for a wide array of utility in melee as well as crossbows, a wrist-mounted gun, and hand-crafted bombs while at long range.

Specials
Neutral Special - Eagle Vision
The iconic ability of the Assasin's, Eagle Vision is a lethal tool used to mark Ezio's targets for assassination. Using this ability, any enemy within a certain radius of Ezio is marked with a feint red glow. Once used, the ability cannot be used again until either all marked enemies are knocked out, or until a certain amount of time passes and the red glow dissipates. While marked in this way, Ezio deals extra damage to any target he hits with his attacks.

Forward Special - Hidden Firearm
Utilizing the gun built directly into his Hidden Blade, Ezio fires a powerful shot at a target. After pressing the Special button, Ezio stands stationary and takes aim. The longer he waits, the stronger and farther the bullet with be. Once it reaches max strength, or when the player presses the Special button again, Ezio fires and blows away any enemy in the bullets path. This move is incredibly strong, but leaves Ezio vulnerable while aiming as well as for a moment after the shot as the recoil knocks him off kilter.

Down Special - Smoke Bomb
The trademark item of any good Assassin, the smoke bomb conceals Ezio from sight and sound. By using Down Special, Ezio throws a smoke bomb to the ground, causing a smokescreen that grants him a brief period of invincibility as he disappears into the smoke. If an enemy enters the smoke, the player can press an attack button to strike out with Ezio's Hidden Blade, dissipating the smokescreen immediately after.

Up Special - Lift Breaker
Using a common chase breaker known as a Lift, Ezio zips up the side of a building to evade his enemies. Upon pressing Up Special, a Lift appears and Ezio grabs a hold, kicking the latch off and sailing upward. The lift operates as a pulley, with a large counterweight affixed to the opposite end. As Ezio rises, the pulley descends, and anyone caught beneath it will take damage.

Colors
Main - Iconic white Assassin's robe
Black/Gold - Special Altair armor from AC2
Red - Florentine Scarlet dye color from AC2
Blue - Connor's Assassin uniform in AC3
Green - Tuscan Emerald dye color crom AC2
"Yellow" - Edward Kenway from AC4: Black Flag
Purple - Rayman
Alt Costume - Altair's classic robes from AC1

Stage
Monteriggioni
Ezio's home town, Monteriggioni. The stage would take place during the iconic opening of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, during the siege on the city. Explosions and falling wall debris would pelt players as they fight.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
AC2 is amazing and Ezio is a great part of why. What a great character, plus he's iconic, so I think he should be in Smash.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I don’t really care for Assassin’s Creed anymore, and I don’t care for Ezio in Smash, but if it means that we get to see Monteriggioni as a stage in Smash, please make it happen!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm really not into Assassin's Creed but I do feel like this is one of those characters that gets slept on. I'd say he has as much of a shot for Smash as Rayman would being one of Ubisoft's still active flagships. He could be pretty fun with acrobatics and some wall-climbing shenanigans which could set him apart from other fighters.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
bump

The Altair costume being out now with Ezio planned for Vol. 2 would be the perfect crime. AC still has a very viable, very popular protagonist who is NOT knocked out via Mii costume and everyone's eyes are usually on Rayman. Ezio would be a cool curveball, although one that would also make me feel really bad for Rayman fans.

I like his music. I like Italy (also grand opportunity to take the brothers to actual Italy). Only ever played AC1 but I would imagine AC2 and Ezio himself are exceedingly popular for a good reason.

Last edited:

KahunaLagoona DX

Smash Cadet
Another Ezio thread? Is there anyway that this could be merged with the other one? (https://smashboards.com/threads/ezio-auditores-smashing-brotherhood.446955/ )

I mean, Ezio's got my full support. Granted, I AM leaning more towards getting Ezio Collection on Switch, Given my endeavors on the Amazon page for the Switch version of the Rebels Collection, and as it stands now I've been trying to Modify my Ezio Mii to make it fit the character more, BUT I would love to see him in Smash - especially since we're only getting six characters and I hope I dropped that hint to Ubisoft back in October early enough to get them in talks with Nintendo to add him in as a fighter...

Ezio IS the most well known of the Assassins... Even if they gave the Mii Costume to Altair... (Chalk that up to "Marth" status... I guess...)

bump

The Altair costume being out now with Ezio planned for Vol. 2 would be the perfect crime. AC still has a very viable, very popular protagonist who is NOT knocked out via Mii costume and everyone's eyes are usually on Rayman. Ezio would be a cool curveball, although one that would also make me feel really bad for Rayman fans.

I like his music. I like Italy (also grand opportunity to take the brothers to actual Italy). Only ever played AC1 but I would imagine AC2 and Ezio himself are exceedingly popular for a good reason.
And consider me someone who has never played Rayman, what exactly does he do that would make the guy stand out?

As far as the series goes, Ezio DID star in three games all centered around his life. More so than the rotating cast of Assassin's the game has seen since. That being said, I will note the series has seriously declined in quality after Black Flag, and the modern story seemed to take a dip after 3.

Kinda makes sense why they seem more focused on reselling the older, better games on the Switch...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom