• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request: Make A Forum for Each Mii Fighter

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
The following is an open request to the moderators, and I hope this message finds you well.

Simply put, I would like to ask for distinct forums for all three Mii types. While they use the same creation mechanic (Miis), they play VERY differently. We give Link, Toon Link, and Young Link their own forums... so why not three characters who play even more differently than they do?

The main benefit would be that fans of any given Mii could share tech in their specific area, and players could find it without having to stop and ask "Wait, which Mii class is this stuff for?" Same for tourney vids and guide-writing and so on.

Please consider making this change, it would help out the Mii community considerably.

Thank you for your time,

- Pegasus Knight

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm sure in time we will (We did for Smash For) but as you probably noticed with how weeks after being revealed, we have a grand total of three threads (including this one) it simply wouldn't have the activity to make it worth it at this point.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
At this current point in time we barely have a minute of total gameplay of the Mii Fighters so there is nothing to really discuss regarding them gameplay-wise aside from theory craft.

As Mic said, when the characters are actually playable in some format we will likely make it so each Fighter has a separate forum since there should be something to actually discuss at that time.

1FC0

Smash Lord
There is no reason to believe the Mii Fighters are not going to be different and independent characters. Why not group the Samusses, Links, or Marios with their respective counterpart together but only do so to the Miis? It is a random and nonsensical decision to group them together.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I reiterate, with only less than a minute of footage there is no reason to separate the three fighters into different subforums right now.
I mean we could, but the already low activity would be split into three groups and it's not worth it for nothing to really discuss.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I reiterate, with only less than a minute of footage there is no reason to separate the three fighters into different subforums right now.
I mean we could, but the already low activity would be split into three groups and it's not worth it for nothing to really discuss.
Many boards have low activity and those are not merged. And are the Mii Fighters really the only characters with little footage? What about Pichu, Young Link, Dr. Mario, etc? By that logic we might as well merge their boards with this board as well.

But keeping the Mii Fighter's boards merged for no reason is fine with me. It is random and without rationale, but you are right in that it does not hinder much right now. Much like e.g. merging the Pichu and Dr. Mario boards would also be random but not that annoying if they would get seperated soon enough.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
...Pick your battles, man. I agree that it's silly, but right now it has virtually zero impact on any of the Miis for them to do it this way. If they said they'll get it later, then they'll get it later. Let's just let the matter go for the time being.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I agree with OP, the game has come out now so I feel like they should be seperated at this point.

AEMehr AEMehr

1FC0

Smash Lord
There was never a point in putting them together in the first place. They are completely different characters with a completely different playstyle. The only reason that grouping them together did not hinder a lot was because these boards saw almost no use so how they were grouped made very little difference. However as more people are going to start talking here this bad grouping will become more relevant.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I agree with OP, the game has come out now so I feel like they should be seperated at this point.

AEMehr AEMehr
As I said before, I asked.
I'm a mod, I just smack hands for double posting haha, the game just came out so people are excited and playing it. Give it a little time, should probably happen soon enough I think.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We will monitor the activity of this forum. If activity warrants it, we will separate the Miis.

For the time being, I would suggest making a separate discussion thread for each fighter and separate data threads.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We will monitor the activity of this forum. If activity warrants it, we will separate the Miis.

For the time being, I would suggest making a separate discussion thread for each fighter and separate data threads.
Sounds good to me.
With each Fighter having 81 possible combinations, they've got a lot to talk about.

Veenon

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2421-1779-6504
I believe we should give them separate forums. They are now even more unique, keeping them under the Mii FIGHTER forum would make it too cluttered

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Separate forums are a go. Already made and ready to be filled. Moved the Gunner-specific thread to the Gunner forum. If you created a thread that you want moved to a different forum or think one should be moved, let me know.

Top Bottom