• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request: Farore's Wind Effect Mod

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
Not too long ago there was a mod that created a visual wind effect for Farore's Wind, does anyone know where to get it? I want to give proper thanks to the creator of the wind effect and ask:

A) Could I use the wind effect in a Farore's Wind tutorial video?

B) Would I be able to share wind effect with other Zelda's? (Via link in description)

C) What does the Zelda community think about these kinds of aesthetic mods that assist in training?

D) Does the Zelda community want more training mods?

Anyhow, hope you are well.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
You want the Holy Priestess build by Elf (@otheusrex). You can toggle the teleport trail on/off by holding A/Z during its startup. It has a couple other graphical effect changes. Not sure if there's a build of JUST the wind trail, but you could ask him yourself. Not sure if he's active on Smashboards, but he's in the Discord every day.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/73zohx9z1ym72a5/Holy+Priestess+revised(2).rar

I'm sure he would be happy to see his work put to good use! Elf has been devoted to Zelda for a long time, and his modding skills are actually pretty insane. Just be sure to give credit where credit is due!

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
You want the Holy Priestess build by Elf (@otheusrex). You can toggle the teleport trail on/off by holding A/Z during its startup. It has a couple other graphical effect changes.
Are you sure this build has a teleport toggle Kael? Those instructions are not creating the wind effect for me.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Are you sure this build has a teleport toggle Kael? Those instructions are not creating the wind effect for me.
Whoops! Wrong build. You want THIS ONE, not the one I linked you. As I said before, there are some other graphics updates that Elf threw in, so if you wanted a purely "Zelda 3.6, but has teleport trails that can be toggled" you'll want to come in to the Discord and talk to Elf. He's the genius behind it.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully you've already talked to Elf and found the build you're looking for, but if not, I believe it's the one here: https://smashboards.com/threads/tri...the-tetraforce-is.395380/page-5#post-19965258. This doesn't have the special aesthetic effects that the build Kaeldiar linked has.

Elf has said to me that I can share the mod with others, and this is one of the first things I mention when I meet other Zelda mains. It's very useful for practising advanced techniques that use Farore's Wind.

Top Bottom