• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request a Character here!

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Want a new character or two? Want to gauge the popularity of a character you want to mod to the game? Then this is the thread for you! Come here to post your character picks, articulate movesets, and discuss any modded character you want! Here are my picks!

Objective List (has characters that are unique, popular, and valuable to series)
- Isaac (Golden Sun)
- Dixie Kong (DK)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Sami (Wars)
- Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)

OPTIONAL. Go here https://smashboards.com/threads/new-characters-for-project-m-discussion-thread-voting-closed.341479/

EDIT: If you want a character, build a moveset for them.

Last edited:

Pikifan4IndigoCobra57

Smash Apprentice
King. K Rool is being made, Two people are making different ones actually. Well Heres mine

Objective List
1. Boney (Unique and Valuable to series) (Mother 3)
2. K.K. Slider (Valuable and Popular to series) (Animal Forest Japan Only)
3. Adult Bulbmin (Unique to series) (Pikmin 2)
4. Red (Popular to series) (Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Blue)
5. Braxien (Pokken Tournament Character) (Pokemon X/Y)

Subjective List
1. Delsin Rowe (Infamous Second Son)
2. Chuck Greene (Dead Rising 2)
3. Niko Bellic (Grand Theft Auto IV)
4. Alex Mercer (Prototype)
5. Murphy Pendleton or James Sunderland (Silent Hill Downpour/Silent Hill 2)

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Here''s my Ridley concept for the mod me and my brother are making.

RIDLEY

Aerials send opponents horizontally for combos that implement Ridley's glide while grounded moves pop opponents into the air to start said combos. Has a slow fireball move that bounces high vertically to snuff approaches. Has a wind blowing move that pushes him back and the opponent forward for edgeguarding and beyond-the-ledge finishes from his appearance as a boss in Brawl. Being the biggest character in the game, he's easy to combo and his weight and fall speed make that worse.

Also, DIXIE KONG and
SKULL KIDwill definety have Peach's float. Yeah, basically I'm doing my objective picks (now changed).

Last edited:

Pikifan4IndigoCobra57

Smash Apprentice
All the people on your objective list have for the most part been done. King K Rool is finished but as I said 2 people are making there own. (Waluigi guy is making one and guy who made Ridley and working on Metal Face and Kraid is making another)
Anyway, you said a little about how Ridley's and Skull Kids movesets would work so......
Boney would use various items from Mother 3 and use biting attacks. The dog would do various dog-like animations for Taunts, Idle animations, and Victory Poses. Boney would be a good adition to the Project M Roster because of the fact said dog doesn't use PSI, as all existing Mother Characters use PK abilities.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Prince Ephraim, from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. He's uses a lance, so it would be pretty interesting to see a moveset like that.

I would like to see another F-Zero rep, such as Samurai Goroh (what if Marth and Wario had a son?) or Black Shadow (another heavy C. Falcon semiclone, but actually unique with some projectiles).

Of course, I'd kill to see Ninten. How? I'd like to see a reference to all those moments in RPGs in which you have to buff your abilities. Let's think about something like Lucas's charge or Lucario's aura mechanic. Probably with telport instead of PK Thunder.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
Some characters I think would be cool to see a moveset for

Sceptile
Zoroark
Silver
Grey Fox

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
Why Silver out of all the Sonic characters?
cause we know what knuckles should have been and there are a ton of tails and shadow psa's. The only other character from sonic I would really like to see would be chaos, but I didn't say him cause I am more interested in silver

Pikifan4IndigoCobra57

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Bros. But Not quite has a Skull Kid Moveset. You should be able to get it somewhere.......

Also I understand Silver.... but Chaos would be way cooler.

Anyway, Ninten is awesome but I assume a semi-clone Ness already exist. Just edit the moveset from there and "Ninten used PK beam Omega! 19273 Mortal damage to other fighters!"

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Does Bandanna Dee appear in Brawl? I know Waddle Dee does, but sometimes Bandanna Dee is called Waddle Dee? Thoughts?

Troykv

Smash Master
The character with the biggest want rate for me are Micaiah, (Bandana) Waddle Dee and Adeleine

Specially Micaiah

Micaiah! :love:

Pikifan4IndigoCobra57

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee Didn't appear in brawl. Also Out of everyone in the original thread, Paper Mario is the only no and Liquid Snake, Young Link, and Toad are maybe's. Anyway, I also think Red should be playable with and Eevee on his should with his final smash being DHD but with Pokemon instead, with Eevee being the front runner. (This technically doesn't no Eevee as She/He is still used, but Like Pikmin and Isn't Controlled)

Anway. While Micaiah would be interesting, I think we would be fine with Marth, Roy, Lyn, Ike, and one of the three Awekening folk. (Chrom, Lucina, or Robin)

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
NO

Ray MK III - Annoying character playstyle.

Sukapon - I doubt anyone actually wants this character.

Balloon Fighter - Not requested enough.

Mach Rider - Not requested enough.

Lip - Not requested enough.

Takamaru - Not requested enough.

Prince Sable - Not requested enough.

Tom Nook - Not requested enough, but WHY? He is the biggest rep available for the biggest unrepped franchise!

Primid - Not requested enough.

Third party characters are all hated.

MAYBE

Saki - I don't know enough about this character.

SuperWiiFitTrainer64

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrianYauger
3DS FC
2251-5824-0397
My top 5, not including K. Rool because he's being worked on...

1. Meganium - my favorite starter and a perfect Ivysaur replacement
2. Dixie Kong - We need more DK reps.
3. Cranky Kong - see above
4. Venusaur - if not Meganium. I'd like to see all three starters evolved
5. Blastoise - see above

Does a PM Duck Hunt Dog count because he's in Smash 4? Him too.

Pikifan4IndigoCobra57

Smash Apprentice
Are "Because they aren't requested enough" your personal opinions or just the overall? Anyway, in canon Ninten's only similarity to ness is Some blue on the shirt, hair and skin color, and the type of hat. Anyway, Lucas is also esclusive to Japan and Marth and Roy were at the time. Roy's came was only realised internationally because of his popularity in smash. Also, While Krystals game didn't do well, she's much more poular than Isaac, Skull Kid and Any Earthbound Rep period.

Saki is from Sin and Punishment.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Are "Because they aren't requested enough" your personal opinions or just the overall? Anyway, in canon Ninten's only similarity to ness is Some blue on the shirt, hair and skin color, and the type of hat. Anyway, Lucas is also esclusive to Japan and Marth and Roy were at the time. Roy's came was only realised internationally because of his popularity in smash. Also, While Krystals game didn't do well, she's much more poular than Isaac, Skull Kid and Any Earthbound Rep period.

Saki is from Sin and Punishment.
In the old New Characters thread linked in the OP, they did a poll on which characters are wanted the most. From there, I checked which characters are more or less requested. Krystal ranks low on that poll.

Pikifan4IndigoCobra57

Smash Apprentice
Krystal was low because of the popularity of other characters on the poll, not because she is an unpopular character. Its just that a majority of the Project M Voting thing are people who couldn't realisitc ally get into a smash game ever. Rawk Hawk, Liquid Snake, Saki, Eevee, Red in the field himself, *Waluigi*

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of making a competitive mod with Isaac, Ridley, K. Rool, a Venus Lighthouse stage, and a DK stage for K. Rool. Is that a good idea? Does it count as a continuation of Project M?

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of making a competitive mod with Isaac, Ridley, K. Rool, a Venus Lighthouse stage, and a DK stage for K. Rool. Is that a good idea? Does it count as a continuation of Project M?
not really, that involves alot of work for something that could never be legal and it wouldn't count as continuation. In all honesty you should just wait (for king k rool) and make some personal tweaks to legacy xp

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I would wanna see Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) in Super Smash Bros. for my project! I have been dying to see that character as part of a mod.

Info/Moveset can be found here (Which I have tried to get it right for her):
Super Smash Bros. Frontier
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land, 1984)

- Attributes: 5

- Walking Speed: 4

- Dash Momentum: 3

- Running Speed: 4

- Ground Jump Height: 5

- Jumps: 2

- Air Jump Height: 7

- Falling Speed: 7

- Air Mobility: ????

- Shield Size: 4

- Weight/Knockback Resistance: 3

- Size: 2

- Attack Power: 6

- Special Attributes: Wall jumping

- Neutral Attack: Jab (4x) and a kick (6% damage)

- Side Tilt: Kicks her opponent (7% damage)

- Up Tilt: Kicks her opponent up in the air (11% damage)

- Down Tilt: Does a spin kick (8% damage after multiple hits)

- Dash Attack: Swims quickly and may run over her opponents (12% damage)

- Side Smash: Brings out a huge ingot (16% damage)

- Up Smash: Jumps up and does a uppercut (11% damage)

- Down Smash: Does a spin kick (11% damage after multiple hits)

- Neutral Air: Does a cart-wheel-like kick (8% damage "1 hit" and 12% damage "2-4 hits")

- Forward Air: Punches her opponents downwards (8% damage)

- Back Air: Backwards punch (8% damage)

- Up Air: Kicks her opponent (11% damage)

- Down Air: Heads straight down as she kicks the opponent (15% damage)

- Pummel: Puches her opponent (2% damage)

- Forward Throw: Quickly tosses her opponent (8% damage)

- Back Throw: Tosses the opponent behind her (9% damage)

- Up Throw: Uses her sound waves to stun and send them into the air (11% damage)

- Down Throw: Tosses her opponent to the ground (8% fdamage) and then throws a Unira at the opponent who lies on the ground (11% damage)

- Neutral Special: Fire sound waves as it can stun her opponents (10% damage)

- Side Special: Grabs the turn post as she goes into the direction she is facing, leading into running over her opponent (9% damage)

- Up Special: Bounces from the pink trampoline and into the air (A recovery move similar to Sonic's)

- Down Special: Grabs out the Unira from behind her (Can be used as a item)

- Final Smash: A black hole appears on the stage as many Uniras (16% damage) and Boss Uniras (32% damage) appear out of it and may cause damage if touched, but the black hole may also cause damage after getting sucked in and blows you out (52% damage)

- Entry: Comes out of her Bubble (As seen in the start of each level from Clu Clu Land)

- Up Taunt: Faces towards the screen and waves to the player

- Side Taunt: Pulls out a stunned Unira and then puts it back

- Down Taunt: Just sits down

- Sleep: Sits down and closes her eyes, resting

- Dizzy: Loses her balance

- Win1: Does her little victory dance (As seen in the results screen in Clu Clu Land)

- Win2: Pulls out golden Ingots from behind herself

- Win3: Swims out the screen

- Lose: She pops and deflate like a balloon

Last edited:

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know what are K. Rool, Isaac, and Ridley's most iconic and memorable moves?

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: My final roster may include Dixie Kong. Does anybody know a good moveset for her?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A DK stage for K. Rool is an idea a lot of people have talked about over time, but no one has followed through with it yet. Model creator Peardian has made models for the Flying Krock and Crocodile Isle, so perhaps those could be put to use for a stage if he's given permission?

Otherwise, I think King Boo could be a great dark horse candidate for a character. He's got lots of move options from both Luigi's Mansion games, he's a really cool villain character, and in terms of character design, he wouldn't be too complex to animate compared to some others (he's basically a floating ball).

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
A DK stage for K. Rool is an idea a lot of people have talked about over time, but no one has followed through with it yet. Model creator Peardian has made models for the Flying Krock and Crocodile Isle, so perhaps those could be put to use for a stage if he's given permission?

Otherwise, I think King Boo could be a great dark horse candidate for a character. He's got lots of move options from both Luigi's Mansion games, he's a really cool villain character, and in terms of character design, he wouldn't be too complex to animate compared to some others (he's basically a floating ball).
I decided to only include Isaac and Ridley for my first version. K. Rool being out of a game for some time really is a flaw in his popularity, Lyn isn't valuable enough, Ganondorf/Black Shadow changes up vanilla Project M and could lead to fragmented styles of play, Dark Samus is not valuable after Ridley is added in, Skull Kid has too many half votes, and Sami isn't the main protagonist of Advance Wars.

There's lots of dark horse characters that would freaking incredible, such as the Pokemon Trainer(summoning character anyone?, KK Slider (out of the the three Animal Crossing icons, he's the only one who isn't hated; his normal attacks could be guitar notes that make up a song when used in a combo), and Shadow (Chaos Control, nuff said.)

Last edited:

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
I decided to let everybody in on my project. Please tell me a con for any of the following characters:

ISAAC
Pros:
- not well known to a mass market, but is the most popular least divisive character available and the target audience is English-speaking hardcore gamers so his lack of popularity in Japan is a non issue
- incredibly unique moveset makes him appealing to people that don't know him
- most important character for Golden Sun
Cons:
- N/A
RIDLEY
Pros:
- very popular but not in Japan (not the target audience)
- is a cool freaky HR Giger dragon
- unique
- Metroid All Star
- can be Bowser-sized and still threatening as proven by some brilliant concept art and Bagan's Ridley
- can't fly freely but he doesn't need to and even the sky has a limit
Cons:
- N/A

I want all my characters to be perfect fits for my mod.

EDIT: Why did the PMDT reject Ridley and K. Rool?

Last edited:

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Would Ray MK III have an annoying style of play? He's basically all projectiles.

EDIT: My current roster is comprised of Ganon, Isaac, and Ridley.

DOUBLE EDIT: Can we use characters that appear as Mii Fighter costumes in Smash 4?

Last edited:

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
I decided to let everybody in on my project.
EDIT: Why did the PMDT reject Ridley and K. Rool?
I don't think it was reject but more of limitations, rumor had it that ridley was planned and i dont know about k rool

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I am also wanting another Pokemon in the game to play as. I would take Magearna from Pokemon Sun and Moon because if they have new ones in each game, why not this one.

It could play like Samus and Lucario together.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Should Dark Samus be in if Ridley is added in first?

EDIT: We might as well start a full fledged discussion on whether or not the amount of characters a series has matters. There are big series like Fire Emblem that would be fine with just Marth and Ike. Robin, Lucina and Chrom don't seem to be reoccuring characters so they will fall out of the spotlight eventually. So even though it's a big franchise, if this was the first Smash game, the series would be perfectly repped with just two characters (with maybe Eliwood). I also don't understand why a series HAS to have a set number of characters. Why can't Dark Samus and Ridley co exist?

Last edited:

archryn

Smash Cadet
There are big series like Fire Emblem that would be fine with just Marth and Ike. Robin, Lucina and Chrom don't seem to be reoccuring characters so they will fall out of the spotlight eventually. So even though it's a big franchise, the series would be perfectly repped with just two characters. On the other hand, you have a big series like Pokemon which deserves a dozen characters due to many characters hitting iconicness.
I would disagree, actually. Coming from a fan of the series, Robin and Lucina won't fall out of the spotlight for the sheer fact they were part of the game that saved the Fire Emblem franchise, as well as the fact they've appeared in two Fire Emblem titles, as well as Codename: S.T.E.A.M. (and a Project X Zone cameo for Chrom and Lucina to boot.) The amount of reps Fire Emblem has is perfect, the only issue is that there needs to be more variety due to the large number of weapons the games have. Pokemon doesn't deserve a "dozen characters" just because they're iconic. If more Pokemon are added, they should be based on the possibility of a unique moveset, not just because they're popular.

If we're talking iconic characters, an oddball pick (in my opinion) would be Pete from Harvest Moon. He's been around since the SNES days and Harvest Moon has had a title released on every major Nintendo console.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
I would disagree, actually. Coming from a fan of the series, Robin and Lucina won't fall out of the spotlight for the sheer fact they were part of the game that saved the Fire Emblem franchise, as well as the fact they've appeared in two Fire Emblem titles, as well as Codename: S.T.E.A.M. (and a Project X Zone cameo for Chrom and Lucina to boot.) The amount of reps Fire Emblem has is perfect, the only issue is that there needs to be more variety due to the large number of weapons the games have. Pokemon doesn't deserve a "dozen characters" just because they're iconic. If more Pokemon are added, they should be based on the possibility of a unique moveset, not just because they're popular.

If we're talking iconic characters, an oddball pick (in my opinion) would be Pete from Harvest Moon. He's been around since the SNES days and Harvest Moon has had a title released on every major Nintendo console.
Any character can be unique with enough creativity.

Does anybody know what the best choice for a Sonic character is after Knuckles and Tails? Knuckles and Tails are DLC Mii Fighter costumes, and I want to minimize legal problems with Nintendo. Also, tell me the best choice for a Metal Gear Solid character.

archryn

Smash Cadet
Raiden and Gray Fox are the best picks. Unless you went for the semi-clone route and added in Big Boss by giving Snake his Brawl side smash and side special.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Here's a big dark horse candidate: KAMEK! Though he's just a lowly grunt in the main Mario games, he's basically, alongside Bowser, the big bad of the Yoshi games, and the Yoshi franchise only has one rep!

Top Bottom