• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Representing the new multi-award winning mobile game, it's the Fire Emblem Heroes character thread.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The purpose of this thread is to discuss the chances of Fire Emblem Heroes being represented with a playable character in Super Smash Bros 5. Fire Emblem Heroes is a mobile game that launched on February 2, 2017. It is a free to play RPG where the player can summon characters throughout the Fire emblem franchise using a gacha system. It has proven to be a major success both critically and commercially. Having reached over 6,000,000 downloads in its first six months, it is the most played game in the Fire Emblem series. Fire Emblem heroes has also won "Mobile Game of the Year" at the D.I.C.E. awards.​

That being said you're probably thinking "can a mobile game really be represented in Smash?". Although the idea does seem rather odd, it's worth noting that Nintendo has had incredible success in the mobile gaming market recently. With this newfound success, is it possible that Sakurai will want to represent Nintendo's mobile games with a playable character in SSB? This thread will help us explore that question.

Who are likely candidates?
Prince of Askr - Alfonse
A prince of Askr and member of the Order of Heroes. One of the original three main characters in the game. Being a sword user, it may be difficult to make an original move pool for him in Smash.
Princess of Askr - Sharena
A princess of Askr and Alfonse's sister. One of the original three main characters in Fire Emblem Heroes. She primarily uses a spear in battle which would distinguish her from all the other Fire Emblem characters in Smash who all use swords.
Princess of Ice - Fjorm
The second princess of Nifl, the Kingdom of Ice. The brand new main character in Heroes who was added in book 2. Primarily uses a spear in battle and has ice powers. Of all the major possible playable characters from Heroes, Fjorm probably has the potential for the most unique move pool in Smash. Although she wasn't one of the original main characters, she was still featured heavily in advertisement for book 2 and her image is even used in the current Fire Emblem Heroes app logo.
Embliam Princess - Veronica
Imperial princess of the Emblian Empire. The main antagonist of book 1. Primarily uses poisonous magic in battle and has the potential for a very unique move pool in Smash. Although she's an antagonist, Veronica is still a major fan-favorite and was the most popular Heroes original character in the Choose your Legends 2nd poll.
Commander - Anna
A veteran fighter who leads the Order of Heroes. Alfonse and Sharena's commander. One of the three original main characters in Fire Emblem Heroes, as well as a popular recurring character throughout the Fire Emblem series. Primarily uses a Axe in battle which would distinguish her from all the other Fire Emblem characters in Smash who all use swords. Having her become a playable character in Smash would a great option as she can represent the series as a whole.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Yay, I was looking for a Veronica thread the other day. I've been wanting to get back into the game now that I have a phone that can actually play the game consistently. There's a Kiran thread already too aside from this.
And ofc there's the Anna thread. If Anna got in, what do you think the chances are that she'd have her Heroes appearance? People have been requesting an axe fighter idk

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Yay, I was looking for a Veronica thread the other day. I've been wanting to get back into the game now that I have a phone that can actually play the game consistently. There's a Kiran thread already too aside from this.
And ofc there's the Anna thread. If Anna got in, what do you think the chances are that she'd have her Heroes appearance? People have been requesting an axe fighter idk
I believe Anna will most likely have her Heroes appearance if she becomes playable. It’s the only game in the series where she has been one of the main lords.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
More good news for the series!

SXSW Gaming Awards Winner 2018
Mobile Game of the Year: Fire Emblem Heroes

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I really don’t see Nintendo repping Fire Emblem Heroes over the next Fire Emblem or fan favorites like Lyn. Frankly, I don’t see why they should either. Corrin was bland enough.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I really don’t see Nintendo repping Fire Emblem Heroes over the next Fire Emblem or fan favorites like Lyn. Frankly, I don’t see why they should either. Corrin was bland enough.
Are you crazy? It's made them millions, and is probably the most popular Fire Emblem game yet. Plus, it gives them a way to include more than just the lords... via a character no-one in this thread had brought up yet.

https://smashboards.com/threads/summoning-all-summoners-kiran-eclat-feh-for-smash-thread.453654/

Look at that thread, and tell me Sakurai wouldn't jump at the chance to condense all the Fire Emblem representation we could want into one character.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm all for Heroes getting some love in Smash Bros. It's the most accessible of the series, being on a device most people have and the only cost to play is optional. It also features beloved characters from all across the series and works as a springboard to launch new fans to the series (it's what boosted my interest in the series and no doubt has a hand in me inevitably getting the new Switch game when it comes out).

I would say either Anna or Fjorm would be the best candidates. Anna has the iconic status under her belt, being in most, if not every, Fire Emblem to date and also stars as the leader of the group in the game. Fjorm, while new and exclusive to the game, has potential to be very unique thanks to her ice-based theme, and is also prominent in the current chapter of the game. Both also do not use swords (Anna wielding an Axe and Fjorm brandishing a spear) which will make them stand out from the current FE fighters.

Are you crazy? It's made them millions, and is probably the most popular Fire Emblem game yet. Plus, it gives them a way to include more than just the lords... via a character no-one in this thread had brought up yet.

https://smashboards.com/threads/summoning-all-summoners-kiran-eclat-feh-for-smash-thread.453654/

Look at that thread, and tell me Sakurai wouldn't jump at the chance to condense all the Fire Emblem representation we could want into one character.

I saw this message after I finished my post and I have to say, this is such an out-of-the-box idea that I could see Sakurai pulling it off. I love it!

Last edited:

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
Why shouldn't they? Fire Emblem Heroes is doing quite well for a mobile game, and Sakurai would be missing a beat by not celebrating its success in Smash. Fjorm feels like the freshest rep in years!

Corrin was a shameless advertisement for a game that few really cared for; Fjorm is a different case.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
The only way I can see a Fire Emblem for the Switch getting a character, with the game not being out yet and we know nothing about it, is for advertising purposes like Corrin and Roy. However, Fire Emblem has grown much more over the years and may not be the bump anymore. Besides, Heroes would be a far better place to advertise a new FE game since it already has a playerbase, and those players are already accustomed to how FE would play.

Honestly, it would only be smart for Nintendo to acknowledge their most successful game in the series and blossoming into a new market.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I really, REALLY wanna see Lucina get a Roy style rework. Brave Lucina would be so cool to see in Smash. We'd even get our first lance character in Smash.

I don't think Sakurai would actually do it though. ;-;

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I really, REALLY wanna see Lucina get a Roy style rework. Brave Lucina would be so cool to see in Smash. We'd even get our first lance character in Smash.

I don't think Sakurai would actually do it though. ;-;
I'm sure Lucina's fans would love to see her get out of Marth's shadow.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
I actually saw a thread of The Summoner awhile back. Basically the thread goes on to say that Summoner would attack using his gun thing to shoot and summon various Fire Emblem characters, I really like this idea but I think he might be a bit awkward if Robin is going to return (And there's no doubt in my mind that he is) since they share very similar coats. Here's the thread if you wanna check it out

Personally, my first pick for an FE Heroes character, and actually just an FE newcomer in general, would be Sharena. She'd be a lance user which Smash has none of as of yet, and she'd stand out among all the blue sword guys.

Plus, bunny outfit for an alt.

What more could you want?

Last edited:
Top Bottom