• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replays Longer Than 3 Minutes!!

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
ocarina now allows u to save replays longer than 3 minutes the replay symbol doesnt show up but if u press z it will ask u to save,

Allow Replays Longer Than Three Minutes [brkirch]
040E5DE8 60000000
04953184 60000000
04953224 60000000

UPDATE!!!!
brkirch made a SWF account and said he updated the code and the updates are he fixed the replays in stadium mode and the "Press Z" replay button now shows up.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Oh my dear God...this is truly amazing.

All the Grand Finals T.Vs should have this on the Wii lol. That is, of course, if there isn't any recording equipment already :p

I'd also put no tripping on that T.V, but I'm sure many people wouldn't appreciate it.

felix0-9

Smash Cadet
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!
Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!
You, sir, have made my day.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Yay?

Too bad I don't think any tournaments allow hacks. =/

I'll be using this for fun though. It doesn't desync if you use the replay w/ the code off, right?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Ahhhh...

Now this might make ocarina too good. because, you know, despite the wholle tripping thing, it was allready "good."

Pause every 3 minutes though? Well, better than nothing.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I thought this was possible for a while now....

Maybe I was wrong... o-o

Aagen

Smash Rookie
Very cool. Couldn't that be allowed in tourneys as well? It would help preserve the matches and someone could observe the person putting on the cheats so that nothing odd happens.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
i think it perfect for tourneys, if something that is dq worthy no matter how long the match was it will be recorded

and from the replays i've experimented with arent sped up like the glitch is supposed to do, but maybe its just me

chinkpak

Smash Rookie
Just tried it out, it works , but only if you have the code enabled, if you try and play it without loading the hack first, the fight is all desynch'd

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
my replay was 10 minutes and it didn't do that

Maybe it only does that on very long replays (that guy said he did a 30 stock match).

Anyway, this plus unrestricted camera plus no tripping = the perfect non-cheating hack.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Finally.

Yayz, Ocarina blows me mind again :D

First no tripping, now this. Gonna enjoy using this with my friends.

Darkurai

Smash Master
WARNING:
While using a similar code, the code to remove the limit for how many pieces you could place in Stage Builder, some people reported that their game started to load some stages (Luigi's Mansion, Delfino Plaza, and Mushroomy Kingdom mostly) incorrectly, with the music completely incorrect, sometimes not loading the music at all. I believe there were some extreme cases of the stage itself not loading at all.

The reason? Well, the limit is there for file space reasons. The game was not designed to hold stages past that specific limit, so when it can't save the whole stage in that space, it has to save the leftover data somewhere else; namely in the game's code. An educated guess leads me to believe that the case would be the same with this code.

What I'm basically saying is until this code has been extensively tested, use it at your own risk.

Please note that if this is indeed the same as the stage code, then if someone else makes the replay, and then transfers it to you via either SD card or the "Send" feature, your game data will be 100% safe.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The Question is, why did nintendo only put it at 3 minutes? There must have been a reason why they kept it at 3. And allowing this hack to work might screw the data up or something.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
what darkurai said was true but also wrong,

there is a glitch to where if u try to play a certain level it does sometimes make the game crash, but there is a music fix and once its fixed it working again, and this happens because the gave save gets corrupted because of something with the music

ive never used the stage builder or any other codes except the tripping code, and b4 i had this code my luigis mansion stage didnt work at all(the game wouldnt leave the stage selection screen) and i used the music fix and its all good now

Revven

FrankerZ
WARNING:
While using a similar code, the code to remove the limit for how many pieces you could place in Stage Builder, some people reported that their game started to load some stages (Luigi's Mansion, Delfino Plaza, and Mushroomy Kingdom mostly) incorrectly, with the music completely incorrect, sometimes not loading the music at all. I believe there were some extreme cases of the stage itself not loading at all.

The reason? Well, the limit is there for file space reasons. The game was not designed to hold stages past that specific limit, so when it can't save the whole stage in that space, it has to save the leftover data somewhere else; namely in the game's code. An educated guess leads me to believe that the case would be the same with this code.

What I'm basically saying is until this code has been extensively tested, use it at your own risk.

Please note that if this is indeed the same as the stage code, then if someone else makes the replay, and then transfers it to you via either SD card or the "Send" feature, your game data will be 100% safe.
This code is perfectly fine. It has been tested extensively and I have used it myself (for the past two nights) and have had no problems whatsoever. I even sent the replays to my friends who don't have the code on and their save is fine. FMK (Full Metal Kirby) even told me that he saved a 30 minute replay and his save was fine, the only thing that went wrong was the speed of the match after 3 minutes.

This code is safe... guaranteed. Though, it doesn't hurt to back up your save file.

And allowing this hack to work might screw the data up or something.
It doesn't as far as I've tested. The longest match I have saved so far is 5 minutes and when I watch the replay, it plays like it normally would. All my stages are fine and so is my music. Nothing has gone wrong, I will report if something does but, I doubt anything will occur.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hacks are for losers.......
Dude, what the hell? I am sick to death of seeing anti-hack idiots coming in and saying that you're a loser if you use hacks. If you don't like them, don't use them. Personally, I don't understand why, if it's something that could clearly help the game, bypass something that was COMPLETELY STUPID in the first place (3 minute replay limit? What the hell, Sakurai?), someone would say "ZOMG HACK OH NOEZ!" but I don't go flaming people who choose not to use hacks. So you and everyone else like you need to stop coming into threads about hacks saying we're losers. You're either bumping your post count or unnecessarily insulting. If we're not cheating to get ahead in the game, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. Oh wait, some random strangers on the internet saving replays over three minutes is TOTALLY going to affect you, mirite? God, of all the things to whine about, THIS HACK.
I hate people.

/rant

The Question is, why did nintendo only put it at 3 minutes? There must have been a reason why they kept it at 3.
Because they hate puppies and chocolate.

Top Bottom