• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replays Longer Than 3 Minutes!!

chinkpak

Smash Rookie
Interesting fact

I tried it out and the saves DO work on a Wii with no codes, however if you have a save with tripping off and then you send that file to someone who doesn't haveTripping disabled, it becomes desync'd......so I guess its one or the other :S

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
On the topic of music, I don't know which codes did it, but...

I can't access stages on My Music (it freezes)

And Battlefeild occasionally won't load the music (stage plays perfectly fine, though)

I've never used the Music Modifier

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
u gotta do the my music menu fix, its because when u used some hax(whichever ones u used) it corrupted ur save file, u were supposed to back up ur save but if u didnt, goto the usbgecko.com forums and search for ssbb music fix, ppl make alot of threads about this on those forums so dont make a new one, im pretty sure it'll b pretty easy to find

Revven

FrankerZ
On the topic of music, I don't know which codes did it, but...

I can't access stages on My Music (it freezes)

And Battlefeild occasionally won't load the music (stage plays perfectly fine, though)

I've never used the Music Modifier
It doesn't matter if you never used the Music Modifier (it's not even the general one, it's the My Music one, and it only causes errors if you mess up on the math for figuring out which song you want). You probably used either a Stage Builder code and made said stage too large as a file or you used the Stage Modifier.

Just use the Music Reset codes for the stages with problems and you're fine... =\

Finally, just FYI, TC didn't make the code. brkirch of the Gecko forums did so, if anyone deserves the thanks it's him.

Revven

FrankerZ
Holy **** I didn't know the Wii had that much space.

For those who don't know, while hacks are active, the game does not recognize your SD card.
If you download Gecko OS 1.07a (download it from the MAIN USB Gecko site since the forums are down) you DO have access to the SD Card since it comes with an updated Ocarina. Oh and the 30 minute replay remained 1 block, it didn't take up any more space than a normal replay would (at least, that's what the Wii says how much space it is when you save it).

Mumfie

Smash Rookie
Just use save and install extractor application if you use ocarina and you wont have anything to worry about, as for the SD problem that was with the earlier ocarina its now been fixed with the application Gecko OS. If you're first going to use codes you might aswell just have those applications.

brkirch

Smash Rookie
I've changed the code a bit, hopefully it works with everything now (before it didn't work in stadium modes). The replay button not showing up has also been fixed.

Allow Replays Longer Than Three Minutes [brkirch]
040E5DE8 60000000
04953184 60000000
04953224 60000000

The speed bug is something I've been looking into, unfortunately I haven't had much luck figuring out how to fix it. For now you should usually be able to return the speed to normal by pausing and unpausing the game.

clockwerk

Smash Cadet
This replay hack, i believe, will turn out very useful for machinima makers. As soon as i get all the stuff necessary to use Ocarina, I'll use it myself.

Just a question, does previous hacking affect the game when the hacks are turned off?

Revven

FrankerZ
Just a question, does previous hacking affect the game when the hacks are turned off?
No, if the codes are not on (meaning you booted the game normally) then you cannot save replays longer than three minutes without the code on. It doesn't make it a permanent effect.

Also, I recommend downloading Gecko OS 1.07b instead of Ocarina because it contains Ocarina and you can use the SD Card unlike before.

clockwerk

Smash Cadet
What I meant was, after using a variety of codes for a long period of time, does the previous hacking affect how the game works even when you boot the game up without hacks? Does the hacking have any lingering effects on gameplay?

Revven

FrankerZ
What I meant was, after using a variety of codes for a long period of time, does the previous hacking affect how the game works even when you boot the game up without hacks? Does the hacking have any lingering effects on gameplay?
No, I told you, no codes are permanent (except the My Music Modifier but, that's a different code on its own) and this means your question doesn't happen.

clockwerk

Smash Cadet
I wasn't asking if hacks would still be in effect. I was asking if extensive hacking would make a regular game have problems (crashing, damaging the disk, etc.) I hope this clears it up a bit.

Revven

FrankerZ
I wasn't asking if hacks would still be in effect. I was asking if extensive hacking would make a regular game have problems (crashing, damaging the disk, etc.) I hope this clears it up a bit.
Nope, nope, nope. The only code that can really damage your save is the Character Modifier (but, it can be fixed with the Music Fixer codes). If you just use the replays code and No Tripping, nothing bad can happen, it can't damage the disk because all the code is doing is writing RAM. Crashing can happen but, not with these codes.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's depressing that stuff like this needs you to actually go in and change the way the game works...

Are there any side effects? e.g. Random deletion of replays/other stuff?
Again NO side effects, unless the replays are longer than ten minutes (which I believe is when the replay will begin to speed up, at which point just pause and unpause to get it back to speed again). If you want to use this code for matches that don't plan to be that long, there are no issues, no corruption of saves etc. I've been using the code myself every time I play Brawl so, I should know.

No side effects to reiterate.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
My game isn't letting me battle on WiFi anymore... I thought it would work online but right now, it won't let me connect with ANYBODY.

Can anyone help me remedy this? USB Gecko forums are down...

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
Good to hear, I generally don't support the hacking of Brawl but for small things that should have been done from the get go I don't really mind. This is neat. I might actually hack Brawl to add this in.

My game isn't letting me battle on WiFi anymore... I thought it would work online but right now, it won't let me connect with ANYBODY.

Can anyone help me remedy this? USB Gecko forums are down...
IIRC, you can't Brawl anyone online that doesn't have all the same codes that you have on. Not sure if it affects replays though but iirc it affected a couple other Brawl hacks.

Revven

FrankerZ
IIRC, you can't Brawl anyone online that doesn't have all the same codes that you have on. Not sure if it affects replays though but iirc it affected a couple other Brawl hacks.
That's only with codes that edit the actual matches i.e Character Modifier or Attack Modifier or No Tripping. You can use replays online, it works, I've been using it for three nights and haven't had any trouble yet. Sounds like he was using the Stage Modifier online to me, because that corrupts your WiFi and there is currently no fix for that, he has to restart his save file (or, just download a save from wiisave.com).

This is why everybody needs to back up their save files with Gecko OS 1.07.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I didn't use a Stage Modifier code online (I had a Unlimited Objects, Allow Overlapping, Stage Editor Placement, Unrestricted Pause Camera, Unrestricted Replay Camera and Replay more than 3 mins were all on) and I've used all the codes online before with no problem except the Replay. I used it and then boom, no online for me.

I also deleted my saved data and that's not helping either. I think it may be a problem with my Wii or my router...

Revven

FrankerZ
I didn't use a Stage Modifier code online (I had a Unlimited Objects, Allow Overlapping, Stage Editor Placement, Unrestricted Pause Camera, Unrestricted Replay Camera and Replay more than 3 mins were all on) and I've used all the codes online before with no problem except the Replay. I used it and then boom, no online for me.

I also deleted my saved data and that's not helping either. I think it may be a problem with my Wii or my router...
If you're still having trouble and it's not the save file then, yeah it could be your router or internet. =\

Top Bottom