• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reno Crew presents: Capital Brawl - Carson, NV - Apr 5, 08 - $1400 Guaranteed

Griever618

Smash Cadet

Date: April 5th
Time: 10am-10pm
Venue: The Warehouse http://www.myspace.com/thewarehousenv
Cost: 5$ spectator fee 10$ pre reg $15 at the door
Stages: Final Destination Delfino Plaza Battlefield Yoshi's Story Smashville Lylat CruiseLuigi's Mansion Norfair Frigate Orpheon Battleship Halberd Castle Siege(Fire Emblem)

Prize breakdown:1st place: $1000 2nd place: $250 3rd place: $100 4th place: $50
ALL MONEY IS GAURANTEED! :chuckle:
Format:

Matches will be Three(3) Stock, with an 7 minute time limit

Double Elimination All Matches will be Best of 3 Matches. Finals Will be Best of 5 Matches

No pools - Players will be seeded by location.

GameCube controllers ONLY

1 Stage ban will be allowed per person. No random resets, though Neutral stages can be banned

All Characters Will Be Available

Items will be Turned off. INCLUDING SMASH BALLS

Advanced Slob Picks will be in Effect -

- First match will be double blinded by request
- Following the first match, loser announces stage, winner announces character, the loser announces character.

Stages cannot be replayed in a set

Please be on time to your Station. Disqualifications will be at the discretion of the Judges.
Camping or Stalling of the match Will also be at the discretion of the Judges. A camping or stalling call will result in an automatic loss of 1 match of the set. You will be verbally warned if the camping or stalling persists you will forfeit the round.

Random neutral stages are:
Final Destination Battlefield Yoshi's Story Smashville Lylat Cruise .

Counterpicks include all neutrals and: Luigi's Mansion Norfair Frigate Orpheon Battleship Halberd Castle Siege(Fire Emblem) Delfino Plaza

UPDATE! Please message your housing hosts to get directions and phone numbers! If you are housing w/ FRESH send a message to either Griever or Hitori, and tell them to pass the message along to FRESH.

Also, if anyone can bring fully UNLOCKED Wii's, we would much appreciate it! The more extra wii's we have for friendlies/moneymatches the better! THANKS!

Reno Dangerous Crew would like to welcome you to the first annual Capital Brawl tournament. This tournament is going to be done in grand scale and we hope many pros and amateurs come and enjoy. The tournament is going to be run on 8 projectors and the final 4 will be live action announced and on stage for everyone cheer on.

Hotel: Gold Dust West
2171 highway 50 east
carson city, nv 89701

877-519-5567

register between Monday, March 10th - Monday, March
24th

double queen/deluxe king : $85
double queen or king mini suite : $108
double queen or king spa suite : $126
two room king suite : $139
two room spa king suite : $153

the rooms are either 2/4 people per.. the hotel will
let you know which is which. you can add a person to a
room for $5/night/person.

call and tell them you are with the Capitol Brawl
tournament so they put you in the correct block of
room and give you the discounted rate

check in is on friday the 4th and checkout is on
sunday the 6th

Any questions please email me at ddrbpc@yahoo.com or call me at 1-775 343-9234.

The paypal account for pre reg will open soon. Anyone who wants to PRE REG email me and I will keep a running list of confirmed people for the tourny in this thread. There are ONLY 256 slots.

-Fresh on Grievers account.

- edits by hitori

Doubles Tourney Info:

Due to scheduling restrictions at the Warehouse, the doubles Tournament/possibly crews will be held the day after the singles tournament, at the following location:

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia St., Reno, NV 89557

The building where the tournament will be held is the Joe Crowley Student Union, and sign ups will start at 10:00AM.

Entry for doubles is $20/team or $10 per person.

The doubles tourney prizes will be based on entries, and the winner's pot will be split 60-30-10.

The rules/stages for Doubles will be the same as those for the Singles tourney. Share player stock is ALLOWED and team damage will be ON.

Directions from the Carson City Singles Venue to the Reno Doubles Venue (the Warehouse to UNR):

33.9 mi – about 41 mins

1.Head southwest on US-50 toward Silver State St
0.7 mi
1 min

2.Turn right to merge onto US-395 N
20.5 mi
26 mins

3.Merge onto US-395 N via the ramp to Reno
9.7 mi
10 mins

4.Take exit 68 to merge onto I-80 W
1.9 mi
2 mins

5.Take exit 13 toward Virginia St/Downtown Reno
430 ft

6.Merge onto E 8th St
0.1 mi

7.Turn right at N Virginia St​

Also, please request housing below. Reno can provide some housing, though a discounted tournament hotel is also available.

Housing Requests:
1. Extragrandeben, Futile, Mikael

Housing Availability:

CLAW(2)
1. T!MMY
2. T0MMY

Hitori(6)
1. CGCGrayfox + Crew

Moldyboy7
1. vegas crew

Griever(4)
1. Scamp

Fresh(4)
1. AzC + Crew (5 people total?)
2. QTP + Yuba
More to come...

Griever618

Smash Cadet
Confirmed Players:

1. DUCKIE FRESH
2. Griever
3. JEDIxKYLE
4. BEARDofRUSS
5. Steph
6. Drago
7. JHNY5 aka hitori
8. tanj
9. CBK
10. Dozer
11. MyRoboticClaw
12. JLB champ
13. Peachy pit
14. Another Side
15. SSJKiego
16. Danimals
17. extrachunky
18. 8-Bit/Nes
19. scamp
20. Psychomidget
21. Timmy
22. Tommy
23. Wobbles
24. Taj
25. EoW
26. b-stick
27. FlipManV3
28. extragrandeben
29. Futile
30. Mikael
31. Scamp
32. CGCGrayfox + crew

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Format: 1v1 4 stock 8 minutes 2/3 double elim
Stages: Battlefield, final d, delfino plaza, both metroid stages, luigis mansion, windwaker boat, the bridge, mario kart, yoshi story, animal crossing, the halberd, star fox stage, lords castle, ice climber stage, pit stage. I know some of you may want these as counters or banned. We feel these should all be allowed until we can definitively say if they provide significant advantage to certain characters.
1. 4stock matches have a tendency of running the time limit.

2: TheSummit, or the ice climber stage has no recovery ledge for tethers. Pit's Stage, or Sky world is the same way when the floors are broke.

The Bridge of Eldin, Mario Circuit, and Castle Seige all have walk-offs, and should be counter picks, as D3 can kill half the cast in the blink of an eye.

Edit: You expect 256 people when you don't have a set ruleset yet? I can't say I completely agree with this.

Are you running teams, crews? Is the 1,000$ guaranteed?

Griever618

Smash Cadet
The stages are up for discussion if as a community we can come to a set standard. If not they will remain all random. I understands the concerns for tethers and we are currently debating changing them to counter only. Walk offs can be utilized by both players so it is currently of less concern to us.

The prize money is guaranteed and is coming out of my pocket.

4 stock matches do not run the time limit from all of our experiences although they did when we first started playing them. As we have advanced it is no longer the case.

If you have any other concerns or questions email me or pm Griever.

-Fresh

The Game II

Smash Champion
From the tournaments I'm seeing here, 3 stock matches are very long, so you guys must be doing something that is making the game go fast if it's 4 stocks. It is looking like most tournaments are going the 3 stock route, so I would suggest changing that.

I want to write something for my site, but I want to get a hold of the T.O. first to confirm a few things.

--GCII

Griever618

Smash Cadet
3 stock matches made since at the beginning but our matches now go much faster. It is going to stay at 4 stock and matches shouldnt run out of time. If 2 weeks before tournament time people still think 3 stock are necessary than we shall accommodate the players.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
agreed, we've been playing the game for a few weeks now, and our matches have stayed fairly consistently around 5:00 mins w/ 4 stock. Trust us when we say the game speeds up as you get more experienced w/ the game mechanics and the new characters. ^^ particularly on the newer stages.

we'll discuss stall tactics as the tournament date gets closer.

GLEN! good to hear you'll write about our tourney! w/ prizes this big, it's gotta have a fun turnout, right?

edit: Guys, turn off Bridge for the tourney. DDD's chainthrow is too powerful on that level. seriously.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I do see the case in our regional tournaments where the matches are now speeding up, but not to where 4 stock Brawl = 4 stock Melee.

There also has to be some concern if the U.S. version plays differently than the Japanese version, then we'll be starting all over again.

--GCII

hitori

Smash Journeyman
very true. We do have quite a ways until the tournament, though, and the only thing set in stone so far is the venue and the cash payouts. ^^ Following the american release i'm sure the tournament rules will have quite a few modifications, major and minor.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I really think this tournament should be 3 stock, 4 stock would just take way to long (not for the better players, but because the average skill level isn't very high, and doesn't allow for quick matches)

also me and gimpy really want to do doubles, and we are trying to get an entire crew to go

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hey, 3 stock fo sho, no questions, its plenty enough and it wont take forever for the randoms

tooo goood

please do teams teh day before T-T

i really want to go to this

woot woot

i'll see if i can get a caravan going or something like that

Griever618

Smash Cadet
removed some levels/switched the tourney to 3 stock. :) Also added some info on teams, so post if you want 'em. ^^

Oh, and post if you want housing. =P

and if you can offer housing.

and if you wanna MM. =D

--hitori

AmazingKenchan

Smash Rookie
The pad may be able to provide housing, but it looks like we're supporting the SVGL IIDX crowd that's coming already. I'll let you know what they say. I'm gonna copy this stuff for the bemanistyle and sows thread, 'k?

EDIT: send me any changes you've got for the March 15th tournament if they come up, otherwise I'm going to somewhat keep the setup of this one for that.

The Game II

Smash Champion
The pad may be able to provide housing, but it looks like we're supporting the SVGL IIDX crowd that's coming already. I'll let you know what they say. I'm gonna copy this stuff for the bemanistyle and sows thread, 'k?
SVGL IIDX crowd. wtf are we talking about guys like ver2 and sl1p? That'd be epic crazy.

--GCII

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
we need housing, at least me and psycho, hoping for like 2 others coming as well who also need housing, i'll keep you updated on that

jlbchamp

Smash Cadet
we need housing, at least me and psycho, hoping for like 2 others coming as well who also need housing, i'll keep you updated on that
if you guys still need housing, im more then willing to help out,
i think i can do 2 maybe more not sure atm, but i will let you know later on if i can house more peeps

extrachunky

Smash Rookie
1. DUCKIE FRESH
2. Griever
3. JEDIxKYLE
4. BEARDofRUSS
5. Steph
6. Drago
7. Maixy/JHNY5 aka hitori
8. tanj
9. CBK
10. Exclamation Mark (!)
11. MyRoboticClaw
12. JLB champ
13. Peachy pit
14. Another Side
15. eXtrachunky

Day before my b-day :D

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm pretty confident that I will be coming to this. I don't want to drive up there by myself, however, but there should definitely be some other people who'd want to go with me (or take me, I'm not picky).

I will also help run or organize the tournament if anyone should want my assistance.

I also recommend making another thread in the Pacific West forum.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
I might want to go (I'm from Berkeley too). I met a few people from this crew at the SF tourney last night passing out flyers for these, and if it were only a bit closer I'd definitely be there, I'm just not sure about driving that far out. I'm still considering it though.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
sweet, good to know the fliers worked a bit. ^^ I'll start looking into a teams venue, would 3:00 be OK w/ everyone to start the Teams tourney?

jlbchamp

Smash Cadet
I might want to go (I'm from Berkeley too). I met a few people from this crew at the SF tourney last night passing out flyers for these, and if it were only a bit closer I'd definitely be there, I'm just not sure about driving that far out. I'm still considering it though.
from your place it isn't too long of a trip, i say around 3hours. maybe you should talk to Scamp maybe you 2 can work things out by traveling with each other, just a thought
since it would be convenient and expenses would be less

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
from your place it isn't too long of a trip, i say around 3hours. maybe you should talk to Scamp maybe you 2 can work things out by traveling with each other, just a thought
since it would be convenient and expenses would be less
Yeah that would be a very good idea. Well, 3 hours is quite a ways away, but then again you guys hop around from NV to LA to SF that 3 hours isn't really anything compared to that, lol. But assuming nothing's happening on that date, I'm most likely going. And I'll go contact that other guy/gal in a bit.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
I REALLY want to go to this. I am going to have to ask around for rides. I think the windwaker stage should be turned off. The hazards are way to good. Pits stage should be a counter pick at most. The stage can do some stupid stuff with spikeing and hitting people below the stage when its a cloud.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Random neutral stages are: Final Destination Delfino Plaza Battlefield Yoshi's Story Smashville Lylat Cruise .

Counterpicks include all neutrals and: Luigi's Mansion Great Sea(Toon Link's stage *up for discussion*) Norfair Frigate Orpheon Battleship Halberd Castle Siege(Fire Emblem) Angel Hill (Pit's Stage *up for discussion*)
take off pit's stage it is garbage

also you forgot melee stages

rainbow cruise green greens brinstar, those stages should be on counterpick no question

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
stages cannot be replayed in a set, thats cool...

how about stage bans? not that there is a really big need for that i guess...

but can we ban a stage before the set? non-neutral stages only

that's what we do in melee anyways

and how about a neutral stage reset for the first match?

i'm just curious, these aren't really necessary, but i'm very curious

Top Bottom