• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Renaming Stages

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Kongo Falls wasn’t always Kongo Falls. We all know that in Melee, it was originally called Kongo Jungle. And I’m 99.9% sure that the reason for the name change is because Kongo Jungle 64 is coming back and they want to prevent confusion.

We have other stages like that too that could benefit from a name change, such as...

Mario Circuit (Brawl) and Mario Circuit (Wii U)
Dream Land (64) and Dream Land (GB)

And there’s possibly other examples I’m not sure of as well as stages like Mushroom Kingdom 2 which could easily be changed to Subcon. What stages do you think could get a rename?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
There's a matter of all the Yoshi's Islands that could use some distinction.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I totally forgot about all the yoshi’s Islands!!!

We have:
Yoshi’s Island 64
Yoshi’s Island Melee (not confirmed but most likely coming back) and
Yoshi’s Island Brawl

My first thought is to change Yoshi’s Island Melee to Dinosaur Land. As for the others I’m not sure.

Maybe Mario Circuit (Brawl) could become Figure 8 Circuit?

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I gave my attempt at them, and even tried something new with the Mushroom Kingdoms.
Mushroom Kingdom from Smash 64:
- Mushroom Kingdom I

Mushroom Kingdom from Smash Melee:
- Mushroom Kingdom III

Mushroom Kingdom II from Smash Melee:
- Mushroom Kingdom II

Mushroomy Kingdom from Smash Brawl:
- World One

Mushroom Kingdom U from Smash 4:
- Mushroom Kingdom U

I would think making a stage with an SMB3 aesthetic would complete the theme, so I went with this name. Also, the World One stage keeps both the 1-1 and 1-2 variants in one stage.
Peach's Castle from Smash 64:
- Above Peach's Castle

Princess Peach's Castle from Smash Melee:
- Princess Peach's Castle

I know they're technically different but I can still see people confusing the two, so I made a suggestion for one of them.
Mario Circuit from Smash Brawl:
- Figure-8 Circuit

Mario Circuit from Smash 4:
- Mario Circuit

I don't know why they chose Mario Circuit as a name, but it was so obviously based on this track, so the name is fitting.
Yoshi's Island from Smash 64:
- Yoshi's Happy Tree

Yoshi's Island from Smash Melee:
- Dinosaur Island

Yoshi's Island from Smash Brawl:
- Yoshi's Island

The one from Smash 64 wasn't even based on Yoshi's island at all but was based more on Yoshi's Story, specifically the Super Happy Tree. The one from Smash Melee was based more on Super Mario World. The only Yoshi's Island that was true to the game was the one from Smash Brawl. That's why I chose the names I did.
Dream Land from Smash 64:
- Kirby's Dream Land

Dream Land from Smash 4:
- Retro Dream Land

The one from Smash 4 had that retro theme, so it seems like a fitting name to differentiate the two.
Do I have to suggest new names for the Mute City set just because one exists in Smash Melee another exists in Smash 4? Port Town Aero Drive practically makes the Mute City in Smash Melee obsolete, so is that stage really getting added to Smash Ultimate?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Coliseum was mistranslated by the Treehouse when it should have been called The Arena, considering that's the actual set of locations it's based on.

Top Bottom