• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Removing Freefall from Kirby's Hats

Zakdos

Smash Rookie
I am currently making a "fixed" version of Melee by fixing anything that clearly doesn't work as intended (DK's F-air Auto Cancel, all of G&W, etc), and have hit a roadblock.
I have currently removed the Special Fall from some moves (Zelda's Side-B, Ness's Neutral-B, DK's Neutral-B) by changing their landing lag to 0 in Crazy Hand. I want to remove the Special Fall from Kirby's hats of Ness and DK as well, but I'm unable to edit Kirby's hats with Crazy Hand.

I have looked around the forum to see if anyone else has come across this problem, and found that Ripple has given some offsets for the hats here. I changed the given offsets to 00 in the PlKbNs (Ness hat) and PlKbDk (DK hat) files, but that did not have the intended result.

Are the offsets for a different file, or is there an easier way to change the landing lag for Kirby's hats?
Also, I'm using v1.02 if that helps.

Offsets given by Ripple:
Ness hat:
@5048
30 -> 0

DK hat:
@5028
20 -> 0

Top Bottom