• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remove and replace a fighter from Ultimate (newcomers only); be civil

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
(If a thread like this exists already, please close it)

Just as the title says. If you could remove and replace a fighter from Ultimate, who would it be? Only rules is that you can’t replace an Echo Fighter, even with another Echo Fighter. My picks are:

:ultinkling::ultinklingboy:<Keep

:ultridley:<Keep

:ultsimon:/:ultrichter:<Keep

:ultkrool:<Keep

:ultisabelle:<Pauline or Adeleine

:ultincineroar:<Tapu Koko, Mimikyu or Kommo-o

:ultpiranha:<Keep

:ultjoker:<Keep

:ulthero:<Sora

:ultbanjokazooie:<Keep-Zooie

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Multiples? I guess that's more to think about.

Top of my list for removal is :ultpiranha:. Top of my list for adding is Crash, so I guess that would be my main swapout. If I'm thinking bigger:

:ultcorrin:: No one asked for him, really just here to advertise a game. Cull the Fire Emblem.
:ultdoc:: I actually like playing as him, but that said, he's a really odd and unnecessary character to spend dev time on.
:ultincineroar:: Cool character, but completely arbitrary. I don't like that every Smash game gets a random obligatory latest-gen rep these days.
:ultpichu:: Like Doc. Cool but unnecessary.
:ultpiranha:: Not important enough to be a Smash character. Sets a dangerous precedent for future characters. Next they'll waste character dev time on a Goomba.
:ultyounglink:: I really hate to see this little guy go... he's my favorite Link, the only one I like, even. But we really, really don't need three.

Ideal additions:

Crash - The last major mascot character still missing, I feel. Has global popularity and represents a big part of gaming history.
Spyro - Popular in the west, but not in Japan. That said, he would be an interesting character as a quadruped with a more unique moveset than Crash.
Doom Slayer - Not a Doom fan, but I recognize its historical significance, lasting fandom, and recent resurgence. One of the de-facto faces of PC gaming.
Master Chief - Same as above. Not a Halo fan, but why not have the faces of Nintendo, Playstation, AND XBox? It would make so many people happy.
Tingle - Why is this guy not in the game yet? He's had 2 (3?) of his very own games and is a major recurring Zelda character who isn't the same three, again.
Waluigi - I still want my lanky cheater character. WAA on them haters.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If just Ultimate Newcomers:

Keep:
:ultridley::ultkrool::ultinkling::ultisabelle:

Replace:
:ultpiranha: with Captain Toad(and Toadette)
:ultincineroar: with Meowth
:ultsimon: with Chris Redfield, :ultrichter: with Jill Valentine(had to replace as obviously Simon being replaced means his echo has to be too)
:ulthero: with Lara Croft
:ultjoker: with Dixie Kong

If anyone is fair game(but not replacing echoes) and going crazy with personal picks:

Keep: Everyone else

Replace:
:ultdoc:: Captain Toad/Toadette
:ultpiranha:: Waluigi
:ultjigglypuff:: Meowth
:ultpichu:: Eevee
:ultgreninja:: Blaziken
:ultsheik:: Impa
:ulttoonlink:: Vaati
:ultyounglink:: Tingle
:ulticeclimbers:: Bandana Dee
:ultwiifittrainer:: Springman
:ultzss:: Dixie Kong
:ultroy:: Lyndis
:ultcorrin:: Byleth
:ultrob:: Chibi Robo
:ulthero:: Isaac
:ultpalutena:: Crash Bandicoot
:ultincineroar:: Spyro
:ultsimon:: Chris Redfield (:ultrichter:: Jill Valentine)
:ultlucas:: Bomberman
:ultbayonetta:: Lara Croft
:ultjoker:: Heavy Weapons Guy

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I guess just...
:ultpiranha: - replace with Elma
and that's it really... I don't hate any of the newcomers. I just personally like PP the least.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is hard to say;

I do really like the newcomer set, but even the one I like most as an AT(Isabelle) I can't think of a logical replacement for. I mean, I wouldn't mind Shy Guy there instead of PP(as I like it more), but that's close to it. I did want Slime over Hero, but Hero at least encompasses tons of stuff I really wanted to see in a playable character, namely magic usage. Properly. Whereas previous magic users like Ganondorf and Zelda are a glorified monk and are mostly a monk with a projectile, Hero really goes into the magic aspect very well. As a fan of Brian being playable, it helps satisfy what I wanted(to some degree).

I like having a regular enemy as playable to begin with. Makes the roster feel more unique~

BowserKing

Smash Lord
If just newcomers get replaced, I say no one. (:ulthero: should get female alts on the overhand)

If everyone is fair game, then technically no one would be removed either (:ultdoc: would be an alternate costume, :ultzss: and :ultsheik: are back to being transformation characters and the :ultmiifighters: are one fighter). The new empty slots would be given to Lugia (taking Sheik's Spot), Knuckles (Taking Dr.Mario's Spot), Midna (taking Zero Suit Samus's Spot) and both Dixie Kong and Fawful (taking the remaining spots)

That is all I got

UserKev

Smash Champion
I really want Corrin, Hero, Joker, and Pokémon Trainer removed. I REALLY! want, Mimikyu, Cranky Kong, Ghirahim, Scorpion and Crash.

Last edited:

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
I replace incinaroar. Since there are many possible, i'd go with who can realistically replace him.

If a pokemon is must then primarina or team rocket. I'm sure there's other good pokemon.

Edit:
Incineroar was the only character that wasn’t decided on in the project plan. A spot was left open for a new Pokemon character to be decided on later because of the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon.
https://www.sourcegaming.info/category/people/masahiro-sakurai/

If it had to be Sun and Moon it should've definitely been a this villain
https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Lusamine
She uses a ton of interesting unique pokemon that would've had interesting gameplay and is the main antagonist of the then upcoming game, and she even has a villain transformation. Dang dude. Feels like such a wasted opportunity. Oh Sakurai, you are only human, but por favor. :cry:

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
The only character I would probably replace is Incineroar. Just not a fan of him as a Pokemon, or as a Smash character, play-style wise.

I would replace him with a (imo) much needed Zelda newcomer. Impa. With her naginata and Hyrule Warriors design.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
:ultinkling:: Keep
:ultridley:: Keep
:ultsimon:: Replace with Chris Redfield (Same as :ultrichter: with Jill.)
:ultkrool:: Keep
:ultisabelle:: Replace with Bandana Dee (Kirby series)
:ultincineroar:: Replace with Kommo-o (We didn't need another final evolution Starter Pokemon again.)
:ultpiranha:: Replace with Poochy (Yoshi series)
:ultjoker:: Replace with Shake King (Wario Land: Shake It!)
:ulthero:: Replace with Bio-Rex (F-Zero)
:ultbanjokazooie:: Keep
Terry: Replace with Octane (Rocket League)
Done.

Last edited:

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
:ultinkling:: Keep.
:ultridley:: Keep.
:ultsimon:/:ultrichter:: Keep.
:ultkrool:: Keep.
:ultisabelle:: Replace. I thought if we got another Animal Crossing rep that it should be Tom Nook so I will go with him. If I go with anyone, I will go Shantae.
:ultincineroar:: Replace. This is where I will include Isaac. He is my most wanted and I don't get the need for more Pokemon reps.
:ultpiranha:: Replace. This one is tough since I like Sakurai going with the oddball every so often, but I want to see Waluigi in there.
:ultjoker:: Keep.
:ulthero:: Keep.
:ultbanjokazooie: : Keep. Duh.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
:ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy: Keep
:ultridley: Keep
:ultsimon:/:ultrichter: Keep
:ultkrool: Keep
:ultisabelle: Keep
:ultincineroar: Replace with Bandana Dee since I think he would've been a way better addition. An eighth gen dlc character would've been cooler.
:ultpiranha: Replace with Geno since he could've been a lot cooler imo.
:ultjoker: Keep
:ulthero: Keep
:ultbanjokazooie: Keep

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
time for my awesom epic list! *cough* not really *cough*

:ultpiranha: will be replaced by Shadow the hedgehog, Shadow won't be a echo but has his own unique moveset

:ultlucina: will be replaced by Edelgard since Edelgard is just waaay more interesting and could have a way more unique moveset, besides the whole strong female portrayal would fit Edelgard better.

:ultsheik: will be replaced by Vaati (Sheik just suck so bad in this game that i no longer see why she should stay...)

:ultjigglypuff: will be replaced by by 1 of the Galar starters (Jigglypuff is kinda a forgotten character..only existence she has is in smash...)

:ulticeclimbers: will be replaced by Sora (meh i won't really miss them tbh)

:ultcorrin: will be replaced by Byleth female & male

:ultdoc: will be replaced by Waluigi so everyone can be happy at last!

:ultincineroar: will be replaced by Skull kid

:ultduckhunt: will be replaced by Rex

:ultwiifittrainer: will be replaced by Shantae just for the sake of adding a female character with a better personality into it and to make the fans happy!

:ultrob: will be replaced by Isaac to make them fans happy! also because i do not get why R.O.B was added in the first place?

i rather see characters get in that people asked for then characters people haven't asked for,

like based on what i seen around, good examples of not asked for characters and can easily be removed and most people would not care are
:ultwiifittrainer: :ultrob: :ultpiranha: :ultduckhunt:

i hesitate to add :ultcorrin: to it..,since i know he gets alot of hate for his game but i'm sure he has some fans who wanted him? if not then forget this sentence lol

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:ultpiranha:-Midna
:ultisabelle:-Elma
:ultincineroar:-Crash Bandicoot

R-senpai

Smash Cadet
If just Ultimate Newcomers:

Keep:
:ultridley::ultkrool::ultinkling::ultisabelle:

Replace:
:ultpiranha: with Captain Toad(and Toadette)
:ultincineroar: with Meowth
:ultsimon: with Chris Redfield, :ultrichter: with Jill Valentine(had to replace as obviously Simon being replaced means his echo has to be too)
:ulthero: with Lara Croft
:ultjoker: with Dixie Kong

If anyone is fair game(but not replacing echoes) and going crazy with personal picks:

Keep: Everyone else

Replace:
:ultdoc:: Captain Toad/Toadette
:ultpiranha:: Waluigi
:ultjigglypuff:: Meowth
:ultpichu:: Eevee
:ultgreninja:: Blaziken
:ultsheik:: Impa
:ulttoonlink:: Vaati
:ultyounglink:: Tingle
:ulticeclimbers:: Bandana Dee
:ultwiifittrainer:: Springman
:ultzss:: Dixie Kong
:ultroy:: Lyndis
:ultcorrin:: Byleth
:ultrob:: Chibi Robo
:ulthero:: Isaac
:ultpalutena:: Crash Bandicoot
:ultincineroar:: Spyro
:ultsimon:: Chris Redfield (:ultrichter:: Jill Valentine)
:ultlucas:: Bomberman
:ultbayonetta:: Lara Croft
:ultjoker:: Heavy Weapons Guy

Disagree heavily with this list. Feel as if :ultjoker: earned his spot, seeing his game was a game of the year contender, he deserves to be in Smash

Completely disagree with the Castlevania stuff, :ultrichter: and :ultsimon: are probably the most recognizable characters in Castlevania, why take them out?

:ultpalutena: is a unique fighter, in a series that has barely any representation in this game. We don't need to knock down Kid Icarus even more. (Plus she's way cooler imo than Crash ever will be)

:ultpiranha::ultwiifittrainer: are amazing joke characters, and I feel as if replacing them just won't let smash be the same. Captain Toad would be a very solid addition.. but Springman? Really? He's such a lame character, from a boring series, not for him at all. (If there were an ARMS rep, i would prefer one of the more unique characters)

:ultyounglink::ulttoonlink: represent the different Zelda games, and it's honestly perfect. We have different Links with moderately different movesets to give light to the different style Zelda games.

:ulthero: is a WAY more fun addition, and way more fun character that Lara Croft would ever be, she doesn't hold a candle to Hero's spells and wacky stuff. Plus, I feel as if she would be too similar to :ultsnake:

:ultzss: we just got a new Donkey Kong rep (that is a unique fighter), we shouldn't replace these unique fighters that don't have much representation in Smash. ZSS has become a staple to smash, she is honestly one of the faces of the game, why take that away?

:ultpichu: much funnier pick than Eevee, and is different enough from Pikachu to feel like his own character

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
:ultbanjokazooie:: Stay
:ulthero:: Stay/Have Slime be more in the moveset
:ultjoker:: Would maybe stay, but would rather favor other primary Sony history characters such as Crash Bandicoot
:ultincineroar:: Meowth
:ultisabelle:: Less to stay than the other stays (aside from Joker), not sure who I'd specifically priortize here. Given the semi echo status, maybe Dixie Kong.
:ultpiranha:: Toad or if generic enemy Goomba or Koopa
:ultridley:: Stay
:ultkrool:: Stay
:ultsimon:: Stay
:ultinkling:: Stay

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Keep everyone really. But if I have to pick one, then I choose to replace :ultincineroar: for either Elma or Rex.

And, if possible, replace :ultcorrin:/:ultcorrinf: for either Byleth or Edelgard.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
:ultinkling:: Stays

:ultridley:: Stays

:ultsimon:: Stays

:ultkrool:: Stays

:ultisabelle:: Swaped and replaced with Dixie Kong

:ultincineroar:: Swaped and replace with Deoxys if it has to be a Pokemon

:ultpiranha:: Swaped and replace with Krystal

:ultjoker:: Swaped and replace with Goemon

:ulthero:: Swaped and replace with Geno or Sephiroth

:ultbanjokazooie:: Stays

Terry: Swaped and replace with Chun-Li

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I like almost all of Ultimate's newcomers so far, (excluding echoes) but there's 3 I would replace

:ultisabelle: -> Bandana Dee
Isabelle's reveal and overall inclusion was very underwhelming in my opinion. She isn't very good competitively either. Bandana Dee would've been received more positively by the community, and he has more moveset potential than Isabelle.

:ultincineroar: -> Nihilego
More interesting moveset potential, something very different for Smash, relevant to Sun and Moon's storyline, wouldn't've caused so much anger upon reveal. I like Incineroar, but I would've replaced him if I was on the Smash team.

:ultpiranha: -> Waluigi or Geno.
Let's be honest here. As funny as his inclusion was, and as much as I loved the Plant Gang memes, Plant was a waste of a character slot. Geno and especially Waluigi were highly requested characters in the Mario series, and I felt they would've been much better inclusions than Plant.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Remove Joker, replace with literally anyone else.

Remove Terry Bogard, replace with Earthworm Jim.

Remove Isabelle, replace with Lip from Panel de Pon.

Remove Piranha Plant, replace with Tetris Block.

Remove Incineroar, replace with F-Type from Stunt Race FX.

Remove Hero, replace with Dr. Eggman.

Keep Banjo, Ridley, K. Rool, Inkling and the Castlevania boys.

Plank08

Smash Lord
This’ll be fun, alright so...
:ultisabelle: To Skull Kid (Kind of still salty about that one)
:ultincineroar: To Decidueye
Terry for Scorpion
:ulthero: for Geno(even though I really like Hero)

Top Bottom