• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Removal Of The Bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
I really don't like that they removed Wario's most iconic item from the WarioWare games. I do like the idea of a more Wario Land-ish Wario, but I still think that pretty much getting rid of any trace of WarioWare was still wrong. Wario should be a good balance of WarioWare and Wario Land, and maybe a tiny bit of Mario spinoffs.

Also, the bike was my favorite attack.

Agi

Smash Lord
The way I see it, the bike was far too powerful of a tool in the Melee-esque metagame. Not just for recovery, but the fast moving, disjointed hitbox with active frames as long as you were riding it - it had the potential to be really rough vs. spacies. It's still represented in his entry and victory animations, at the very least.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, the bike was far too powerful of a tool in the Melee-esque metagame. Not just for recovery, but the fast moving, disjointed hitbox with active frames as long as you were riding it - it had the potential to be really rough vs. spacies. It's still represented in his entry and victory animations, at the very least.
So instead of nerfing it, they remove it entirely?

Agi

Smash Lord
It's flawed conceptually, you really can't fix the disjoint issue without making the hitboxes not make sense in the slightest, and the recovery is inherent to the move. I can't imagine how it would be nerfed in a meaningful way to make it fit the new environment that wouldn't destroy the move.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman

The cape was used as an attack all throughout Super Mario World...
Alright, bad example.

Villager exists, no one complains about him despite never attacking.

Smash Bros. characters aren't just supposed to be them using attacks from their games, because honestly, that would be boring. There shouldn't be anything wrong with turning something that's not usually an attack being turned into an attack, as that means that characters like Wii Fit Trainer wouldn't get in, and Smash Bros. would be a much more boring game.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
You're entitled to your opinion duder, but I gotta level with you, you're in the super minority right now. The pm dev chose their design path with wario years ago, and that lead to a wario heavily based on the wario land games. I honestly don't know what else to tell you, his redesign has gotten numerous praises for it's shift in focus to his wario land version, and I haven't heard very much opposition towards it. You have every right to voice your criticism of this choice, but you shouldn't expect anything to change, especially considering how long these changes have been in effect.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Alright, bad example.

Villager exists, no one complains about him despite never attacking.

Smash Bros. characters aren't just supposed to be them using attacks from their games, because honestly, that would be boring. There shouldn't be anything wrong with turning something that's not usually an attack being turned into an attack, as that means that characters like Wii Fit Trainer wouldn't get in, and Smash Bros. would be a much more boring game.
Villager never had any attacks at all, Wario does. He has a lot of them. Every single one of them was ignored. Characters that do fight in their games should be adapted with the moves they originally used, like Mega Man or Ryu.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Yes, they should, but that doesn't mean that other things from their games should be ignored.

Ace55

Smash Lord
I do regret that the bike was scrapped completely. I pictured it could be a nice side taunt with changes made so it's very niche to use (like most/all attack taunts). Perhaps coding it would be a hassle.

Child Star

Smash Ace
Seems pretty dumb, not that im a huge fan of shoulder bash, but its certainly appropriate part of his move set, i agree with the bike being out of place in a melee style game. I also wouldnt like the bike parts being in effect after the bike is destroyed. If anything maybe warios entry could be him riding in falling off his bike and eating it comically??

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
You guys can stop responding to this thread. I disagree with it now. I love the Shoulder Bash, and the only change I want to it is the addition of the Corkscrew Conk.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
I know this is done with and all, but Wario hass plenty of Warioware-ness. Its found in his animations, moving quickly and awkwardly without grace. Like Warioware.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, don't bump threads that haven't been posted in in nearly a year please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom