• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remix Corner: Xenoblade Chronicles

What was your favorite Remix?

• Vision

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • You Will Know Our Names (8-Bit)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Wir Fliegen

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Riki the Legendary Hero

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Uncontrollable

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Colony 9

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Gaur Plains (8-Bit)

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Welcome back to the Remix Corner! Apologies for the long absence, but I’m back now! And with my long departure, I’ve been able to gather some top-notch remixes! This week we’ve got the series filled with giant robots, Monado boys and a world atop two ancient warriors:Xenoblade Chronicles! This series contains two entries, Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X, with Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga) and ACE+ (Bomberman 64: The Second Attack) composing for the former and Hiroyuki Sawano (Kill La Kill, Attack on Titan) taking care of the latter. With a wide array of such musically-gifted composers, the quality ofXenoblade’s music is frequently praised. And without further ado, let’s begin! Are you really feeling it?

Vision by liltommyj
An excellent song made from in-game audio clips!

You Will Know Our Names (Bulby 8-bit Remix)
Let’s get retro!

Wir Fliegen (NOQQYSC Remix)
Time to kick it up a notch!

Riki the Legendary Hero (Shady Cicada Rock Cover)
“Roly poly keep on rolling!”

Uncontrollable (Tsuko G. and Adrisaurus Remix)
It’s getting real!

Colony 9 (Azureflux Remix)
Just another peaceful day back home…

Gaur Plains (Bulby 8-Bit Remix)
A world awaits you!

Well, that’s it for this Remix Corner, I hope you enjoyed this series’ triumphant return! Next week is all about the series that will get you ready to devour-our-our as many remixes as you can handle, Street Fighter! After that, we venture into the depths of Midgard to get the deepest beats from Final Fantasy! Remember, send in those remixes, and until next time, keep on really feeling it!

Any songs missing off the list? Salty about dropping a set? Tweet me @Marthmario to discuss all that and more!

Last edited:

Comments

Ahh this is my happy place !

For those who are interested for stuff of a different nature, I have a playlist of some of my personal favourite live renditions of Xenoblade tunes here. If you listen to one of them, listen to this massive collaborative piece (20+ minutes, but spoilers within!) that has far too few views.

One thing I have to comment about Xenoblade remixes is the lack of remixes for many, many phenomenal songs that need them. I've heard one too many YWKON and Gaur Plains remixes, not enough appreciation of the lesser known region or battle tracks. They usually get piano/ensemble covers but not proper remixes.

Also, this is just my taste, but 8-bit remixes and rock covers aren't my cup of tea. Where's the electronic remix or reorchestrated version of Mechonis Field or the Final Boss theme ;v;

Last edited:
Xenoblade, hands down both original and remix are awesome.

And why there's no Mechanical Rhythm on the list? It's also included in Smash Bros. And it has the best remix imo.
XCX music are amazing. I recommend people go and hear other ost made by Sawano. Some of them you may find it similar or just also fits in XCX. Downside though is some people don't like it in game and the lyrics. And they could have put the music better.

Last edited:
Is it a sign that I love Xenoblade too much that I've heard all of these before? Or of my terrible taste in music if I only even sort of liked Colony 9?

Is it a sign that I love Xenoblade too much that I've heard all of these before? Or of my terrible taste in music if I only even sort of liked Colony 9?
I personally like Mechanical Rhythm and Unfinished Battle ( Too bad this one isn't in Smash4) in XC;Black Tar in XCX, Hiroyuki Sawano did a good job for making ost for XCX.

Here are some other soundtracks made by Sawano, these I personally think fits in XCX as well.

<< You may notice this music's first part sounds similar to New La (Night)'s soundtrack).

And Hiroyuki Sawano's recent work is Thunderbolt Fantasy's OST. A classic Taiwan puppet play that is being broadcasted in Japanese, Taiwanese, and Chinese

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time there was a remix corner, it's been a while.
I'm baaccccckkk!
Xenoblade, hands down both original and remix are awesome.

And why there's no Mechanical Rhythm on the list? It's also included in Smash Bros. And it has the best remix imo.
XCX music are amazing. I recommend people go and hear other ost made by Sawano. Some of them you may find it similar or just also fits in XCX. Downside though is some people don't like it in game and the lyrics. And they could have put the music better.
Sorry! Couldn't find one that sounded good!
We all got different tastes.
The rebirth of remix corner!! Finally!
Hell yea!

I personally like Mechanical Rhythm and Unfinished Battle ( Too bad this one isn't in Smash4) in XC;Black Tar in XCX, Hiroyuki Sawano did a good job for making ost for XCX.

Here are some other soundtracks made by Sawano, these I personally think fits in XCX as well.

<< You may notice this music's first part sounds similar to New La (Night)'s soundtrack).

And Hiroyuki Sawano's recent work is Thunderbolt Fantasy's OST. A classic Taiwan puppet play that is being broadcasted in Japanese, Taiwanese, and Chinese
Oh I'm quite familiar with his work. There's a reason I have Kill La Kill's soundtrack in my music library. :p

Sorry! Couldn't find one that sounded good!
Hm? To me they all sounded good. Well, everyone have different tastes afterall.
But still insist that the Mechanical Rhythm is the best remix.
Oh I'm quite familiar with his work. There's a reason I have Kill La Kill's soundtrack in my music library. :p
Who doesn't know him if you are an Attack on Titan fan? I was AoT anime that made Sawano famous among the younger generations.

Awwwwww, thanks bb.
Urgh, I have been listing to some Hiroyuki Sawano's soundtracks... even though I love many sounctracks. It doesn't mean that I will be interested to all of these anime. Take Guilty Crown for example, maybe because I watch it before, I don't really enjoy that anime but I love most of it's soundtracks. Kabaneri of Iron Fortress though, I was interested, but it turn out to be a bit suck in the end...

Imagine this is the ending song for XCX... this one feels more cherish. Better than "Your Voice" imo.

Shady Cicada (https://www.youtube.com/user/MastaKief) has made several amazing rock covers of both X and Xenoblade, highly suggest everyone to check him out.
I sub your channel because of this video:
Awesome job!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom