• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remix Corner: Retro

Which is your favorite?

• Snow Cone Heaven

Votes: 61 57.5%
  • Duck Hunt Theme

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Flat Zone

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Octopus

Votes: 19 17.9%

• Total voters

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
And one of the best "tactiles" of Diddy was Dthrow to Uair, of Meta Knight was B from here to eternity, but those "tactiles" had to be changed because they needed to be nerfed.... (I don't think that Diddy reeeeeally "needed", but still)
IC was top 2 on Brawl, only behind the godlike Meta Knight.... they would definitely need the nerf if they were to come to Sm4sh.... and I think remove Nana's grab would be one of the first things to do, because with chaingrab or not, Nana's grab is broken.... specially at Sm4sh where grabs are that important.
Rosalina & Luma are already a hated, top tier, and considered OP, character.... imagine now if Luma could grab too.
But you can't control Nana from far. I don't see anything inherently overpowered or broken with Nana's ability to grab. Have you even played Brawl or Melee tho? Anyways, I mean, honestly the ICs really were not that good at all without their chain grabs. They have terrible range and their specials weren't that great for approaching, even with their ice blocks. If you remove their chaingrabs, something else really needs a buff

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
But you can't control Nana from far. I don't see anything inherently overpowered or broken with Nana's ability to grab. Have you even played Brawl or Melee tho? Anyways, I mean, honestly the ICs really were not that good at all without their chain grabs. They have terrible range and their specials weren't that great for approaching, even with their ice blocks. If you remove their chaingrabs, something else really needs a buff
I agree, they need buff in other areas, and heck, need even to have more control over Nana and from afar (EDIT: as long as they don't have any projectiles), it would make them a lot more interesting character.... but I still don't agree with Nana's grab.

Last edited:

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
I agree, they need buff in other areas, and heck, need even to have more control over Nana and from afar (EDIT: as long as they don't have any projectiles), it would make them a lot more interesting character.... but I still don't agree with Nana's grab.
Fair enough. Maybe removing Nana's grab really could be the way to go, idk. But I really do hope that their side b and up b are changed/buffed, and heck, even their down b. Or at least make it so that they're not only able to pull complex combos or strings, but also make that their main strength. And make their weakness their separation. But for some reason I still want SoPo/SoNa to have some viability, but that's probably be unfair haha.

Last edited:

<Green>

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrabbyGuy
I never talked about taking away Nana, just talking grab away from her, while letting her make other attacks and working as a shield....
But letting them both grab in a game where most combos start with grab can be quite broken even without chaingrab.
Nana has grabs that are slightly delayed, so I fail to see how that is broken.

Top Bottom