• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

reliable way to grab marth?

sadweather

Smash Apprentice
it seems like any chance to go around marth to try and get a grab on him seems extremely difficult to accomplish. Any time I can achieve a grab it seems to be purely out of luck, any help?

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
raw grabs don't really work vs marth since he can dash damce way better than pichu can. you can only catch him if he does something laggy or is bad at dash dancing (so, bad at using marth). nair leads into grab, which is great, though you still have to get past marth's range.

sadweather

Smash Apprentice
raw grabs don't really work vs marth since he can dash damce way better than pichu can. you can only catch him if he does something laggy or is bad at dash dancing (so, bad at using marth). nair leads into grab, which is great, though you still have to get past marth's range.
Alright thank you, just making sure i wasnt missing out on anything.

PsychoSoldier

Smash Cadet
Wait for marth to use a dash grab or a dash attack. If it's a dash grab you can use a standing grab at the moment marths body/hurtbox starts to move forward for the grab. Pichu should get the grab instead of marth. For dash attack wave dash backward slightly out of the range of the attack (beware of "tippers") then use your dash grab.

sadweather

Smash Apprentice
Wait for marth to use a dash grab or a dash attack. If it's a dash grab you can use a standing grab at the moment marths body/hurtbox starts to move forward for the grab. Pichu should get the grab instead of marth. For dash attack wave dash backward slightly out of the range of the attack (beware of "tippers") then use your dash grab.
holy necropost, batman!
But hah, its fun to look back on this thread when i didn't know anything about smash and was just getting into it.

Top Bottom