• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rejoining the Smash 4 Community, Don't Know Where to Star

Willtendo

Smash Rookie
So i'm trying to join the smash 4 community after I got burned out about 6-8 months ago. I understand most basic competitive terms and tech, but I feel the getting into smash 4 videos are just repeats of what I know. I have a nice weekly 5 minutes from me, I main Lucas, and I played about a year before I got burned out. If you have any tips or videos for me to watch, that would be much appreciated.
also, *start

Last edited:

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
Well if you want video's then "The Art Of Smash" which is a series of guides that discuss every character in depth. It is made by Izaw Smash.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I kind of understand where you're coming from. Back when Super Smash Bros. Brawl was the current game, my Wii suffered from reading dual-layered discs, so several months went by before I decided to send my Wii in to Nintendo for it to be repaired. When I tried returning to the game, it seemed like so much time passed that I wasn't interested in continuing. I eventually got back into it later on.

I would start by asking yourself why or how you got burned out. If you haven't asked either question, you might want to start there before continuing. I would try to watch more recent videos, even if you think you know a thing or two about competitive play. The reason why I say this is because things change. For example, would you settle for Charles Darwin's Origins if you were interested in learning more about the theory of evolution? Probably not. You go to updated sources. Look for updated videos and information. That'd be a good start.

Willtendo

Smash Rookie
Thanks! I've already seen art of smash and it's really helpful. As for the second post, that's a good tip and i'll keep it in mind.

Top Bottom