• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reggie joins Team Liquid

Reggie_Team_Liquid.jpg

Recently, Reggie Fils-Aime announced his upcoming retirement from Nintendo on April 15th, but here at Smashboards, we have exclusive news

Reggie will be joining Team Liquid as their premier Super Smash Bros Ultimate Lucas main.

This isn’t the first time the eSports team recruited for Super Smash Bros - The team already has Juan “HungryBox” DeBiedma, Ken Hoang and Samuel “Dabuz” Buzby under their belt. This recruit will make him the sixth player under the team’s banner.

“I was ready to start my retirement, but TeamLiquid put up so much money and I didn’t want to give up my long lasting dream of being an esports player” Reggie told us on camera.

“It was quite a shock to see Reggie on TeamLiquid, but I’m excited to see what strategies my former rival and I will be able to pull off in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate” -HungryBox

You can watch more info here in his exclusive interview with us here.

Author’s Note: What did you think? Are you excited to see Reggie make his grand debut in the competitive Smash scene? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Reggie doesn't play Brawl, he plays Animal Crossing: New Leaf™ on his Nintendo 3DS™.

Team Liquid dropped Salem not because of Twitter but to make room for Reggie. He’s gonna kick Hbox’s ass

Finally, Reggie.

You've got no excuses anymore with the whole "running a company" john. Time to kick ass and take names.

Why did I click that interview link? I already knew what it was gonna be lol
Was it really? We put a lot of care into securing that interview, and we were hoping it wouldn't be quite what people expected. : )

we're working on that
My body was not ready for this announcement. :')

Suggestion to make this April Fools prank even better for the future: try to make that article link lead right into a rickroll troll. That would make me lose my mind in laughter.

Last edited:
Honestly if This was real. then obviously Reggie quit Nintendo when he got the offer and his retirement was “faked” and secondly he would’ve mained Ridley because of his statements earlier saying like “On the night of the 7th, for a short time, I will be the best Ridley player in the world”. (Don’t @ me if I got the quote wrong.)

I only just got back here right now after a long break. For a minute I was shocked... and then I noticed the date.

You should've been there. The site became Reggieboards, and all of our avatars were replaced with reggie ones.
It was an absolute blast
I just looked Smashboards on the wiki before you told me. Yeah, I should've been there, but I had Spring Break with my dad.

D
View attachment 203733

Recently, Reggie Fils-Aime announced his upcoming retirement from Nintendo on April 15th, but here at Smashboards, we have exclusive news

Reggie will be joining Team Liquid as their premier Super Smash Bros Ultimate Lucas main.

This isn’t the first time the eSports team recruited for Super Smash Bros - The team already has Juan “HungryBox” DeBiedma, Ken Hoang and Samuel “Dabuz” Buzby under their belt. This recruit will make him the sixth player under the team’s banner.

“I was ready to start my retirement, but TeamLiquid put up so much money and I didn’t want to give up my long lasting dream of being an esports player” Reggie told us on camera.

“It was quite a shock to see Reggie on TeamLiquid, but I’m excited to see what strategies my former rival and I will be able to pull off in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate” -HungryBox

You can watch more info here in his exclusive interview with us here.

Author’s Note: What did you think? Are you excited to see Reggie make his grand debut in the competitive Smash scene? Let us know in the comments below!
DUDE HIS RIDLEY POCKET IN BRACKET IS GONNA BE HYPE ASF

Top Bottom