• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squid Regarding Swimming...

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
Can the Inkling move left and right while swimming and recovering ink?

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
The only ink recharge is through charging in the existing demo version.

Whether that is what the final game version comes out as? Could be different.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I doubt it would get an update. But I find it really disappointing that swimming isn't included. I'd make swimming part of up b. While holding up b on the ground, you can stay underground, and move left and right. When letting go of b, you pop up out of the ground the way it is now.

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
Um, I'm not sure either of you understand; I'm talking about when you shield -> B to submerge in ink and recover it (ink) and if you can move around while recovering (ink).

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they included swimming in the inkling's moveset. I exchange, they seem to have a crazy fast dash. If you've seen any videos of their dash dance or them dashing in general, it's really nice.

VideoShowJoe

Smash Rookie
Um, I'm not sure either of you understand; I'm talking about when you shield -> B to submerge in ink and recover it (ink) and if you can move around while recovering (ink).
No, you cannot move whilst recharging. Its also quite laggy. However, you do enter a low profile meaning you can use it to duck under say, fox lasers.

Vert

Smash Cadet
Surprisingly the "low profile" of the ink recharge animation is deceptively high. You can get hit by a handful of things quite easily

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
Surprisingly the "low profile" of the ink recharge animation is deceptively high. You can get hit by a handful of things quite easily
It's only really safe if you decide not to ledge guard and recharge or knockout someone in a 1v1

Vert

Smash Cadet
It's only really safe if you decide not to ledge guard and recharge or knockout someone in a 1v1
There are some smaller situations where you can squeeze in an inkcharge here and there. Any little bit really helps. Because Inkling doesn't have many throw followups (edit: at mid/high percent) you can cut them short and go for an inkcharge instead

Last edited:
Top Bottom