• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regarding Falco's 0% Laser

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
If anyone knows, Falco's laser at long range can deal 0% damage. Yes, I do know that damage is decreased the farther an opponent is, but I just find it weird that a laser can do no damage at long range. Any projectile launched or thrown should deal at least 1%. It's certainly not a big deal, but I just wanted to bring that up.

Thor

Smash Champion
It just is doing a half percent. The game keeps track. The laser never actually decays to zero percent.
Unless you have accurate decay numbers, it can do below half a percent in my experience - someone told me they hit someone with 2 lasers and they were still at 0%.

Admittedly they intentionally set this up by being on opposite ends of Temple, but I am curious as to what the minimum laser damage is.

However, Smash operates in fractional percents, but only displaces actual percents, so you are correct that the lasers deal damage, even if they do less than the minimum percent required to up-tick the visual percent display.

doodles

Smash Rookie
As I understand it, the percent display more or less just hides the decimal. No rounding involved. You see "38%" whether the game is tracking 38.9% or 38.000002%.

I always considered laser to be a utility as opposed to a damage dealer, anyway. I don't pay attention to the percent change after lasers.

Top Bottom