• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regarding C4 teching.

EternalFlare

Smash Journeyman
I have two questions regarding this:

1. I've heard if you hold down a jump button after blowing yourself up you will get the wall jump automatically as long as you get the tech. But this doesn't work for me. If I just hold down the jump button I only get the tech but no wall jump, I have to manually time the jump after the tech. Am I doing something wrong?

2. How exactly do I do a reverse up B after a wall jump tech? In other words I want to cancel the wall jump into an up B while retaining momentum on the other side so I can do a higher up B after teching the side of the stage. I've done this a few times but have no idea how to do it consistently.

I believe this might be Snake's best general option after a wall tech if they are good at punishing up B sweet spots.

Last edited:

cisyphus

Smash Ace
You need to hold Up on the control stick while teching to get a walljump tech. Doesn't work any other way.

As for the b-reverse up B, that's something I've actually labbed out pretty thoroughly! You should do the following:
1. Drop C4
2. Detonate C4
3. DI towards the stage
4. Move to holding Up after you DI the hit
5. Tech (continue holding up)
6. press b after you tech (you should still be holding up)
7. Immediately after pressing B, tap your control stick into the stage.

Jazzy Jamboree

Smash Rookie
I think there may be something regarding the jump button as far as tech-walljumping goes, but the easiest way imo is just to hold l-stick up if you want to tech walljump and leave l-stick neutral during the tech for normal tech. Personally, I find the neutral wall-tech to be much more useful for snake's largely vertical recovery. To B-reverse or wavebounce the easiest way to think about it just to preform a quarter-circle on L-stick. ex. :GCU::GCB::GCUL::GCL: or :GCU::GCB::GCUR::GCR:, but doing the neutral wall tech lets you just do an easy up-b to ledge most of the time anyway.

EternalFlare

Smash Journeyman
You need to hold Up on the control stick while teching to get a walljump tech. Doesn't work any other way.

As for the b-reverse up B, that's something I've actually labbed out pretty thoroughly! You should do the following:
1. Drop C4
2. Detonate C4
3. DI towards the stage
Thanks. This method does seem to work but I have yet to be consistent at it. I've been trying for a few days so I'm not sure if I just need more practice or I'm doing something wrong.

I can do regular B-reverse grenades fine so that's not the issue.

yink059

Smash Cadet

1. Drop C4
2. Detonate C4
3. DI towards the stage
i mean you can press jump, it works fine. proof in the gfy: http://gfycat.com/peskydeepkitfox

Top Bottom