• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Redact's donation drive - COMPLETE

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
EDIT: GOAL IS ALREADY REACHED, NO NEED TO DONATE MORE

Hi Guys

Due to issues with Armada flying over and being unable to refund his original flight, I'm down $1200 and not exactly in the best spot because of this.

It's not like I'm gonna go homeless or such, It's just that I didn't plan to fork out $1200 myself on flights for Armada.

I'm seeking for people here to help me, and it seems that with incentive this community likes to help out. I know people are not rich because most of us spent lots on shadowloo for travel or other things (chappos), so I don't think this will be finished too fast but we can try.

I'm willing to do anything like money matches, coaching, match critique, hosting meets or going to yours to play and you name a price for any. If you have other ideas you would like to see just name it and the amount your willing to donate.

If you're a super cool person and want to donate for the sake of it, my paypal is philippretty@gmail.com or contact me via PM for other means of donations.

Sorry if this comes off as being a grub for money, but a $1200 dent in the wallet is hard to recover from and the money did all go towards the community really.

Thanks in advance for anyone who gives anything.

PS: I already know a rediculous amount when it comes to what I can and can't do in regards to refunding the previous flight, so I'm not looking to discuss that here, just trying to recover from it.

Last edited:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Rough man.
I threw $20.69 to your PayPal.
Let me know that it gets there.

Thinking of ideas, maybe you could help me plug my Livestreams sometime in the future?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Rough man.
I threw $20.69 to your PayPal.
Let me know that it gets there.

Thinking of ideas, maybe you could help me plug my Livestreams sometime in the future?
Thanks for the donation man, just tell me what to do and I'll do it!

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
$100 from me next time I see you. It would have been $150 but you had to go and change your name to Freedact in that MM.

Maybe a meet or a short coach sesh, happy with either

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
$100 from me next time I see you. It would have been $150 but you had to go and change your name to Freedact in that MM.

Maybe a meet or a short coach sesh, happy with either
Westballz said falco feels top tier in the 3.5 beta, expect revenge.

And yeah totes keen on some training!

JKTS

Smash Cadet
$50 sent. I would like for you to re-invent yourself in the smash community and from now on, be known as "blue cheese sauce guy" and bring blue cheese sauce and things to dip in it to every event.

Or another meet.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
$50 sent. I would like for you to re-invent yourself in the smash community and from now on, be known as "blue cheese sauce guy" and bring blue cheese sauce and things to dip in it to every event.

Or another meet.
If I could feesably do this, I would.

Blue cheese sauce is the ****ing **** and anyone saying otherwise is a total ****

Splice

Smash Hero
I'll money match you Phil

If you lose, I give you $5
If you win, I give you $15

Meredy

The Busterina
When my mum pays me back the money I lent her yesterday, I'll donate for sure. Wouldn't mind seeing you here in Frankston. :3

Moxie2D

Smash Rookie
Just sent fiddy money through paypal, let me know if it works out
Sucks that you had to take the hit dude

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
WTF? Armada is sponsored, THEY should be paying YOU back or paying for his FLIGHT!!!!!!

I'll donate on pay day Redact, you're a good guy for getting Armada home..

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Already gotten quite a bit from lots of people, up to $510 already which is amazing. I didn't expect the response to be this big this fast as there's no big name reward at the top.

Thanks so much to everyone who has pitched in.

Again anyone who has donated anything, just tell me what you want and consider it done!

You guys all rock!

JKTS

Smash Cadet
We should just keep this going until february and get another one down. Might get one of the other gods since it's summer.

#Mango@SS6

Mavrek

Smash Cadet
I just sent $10 your way. I could imagine the amount of stress you must be in, I also believe what goes around comes around and I'm sure you'd help out anyone else in this community if they were in the same situation.

All I ask for in return is your TO wisdom to help me organise my own Smash tourney in the near future, you've already taught me so much, but I'm sure there's a lot more I need to learn. Also, it would be awesome to have you there on the day to manage stuff as well.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I just sent $10 your way. I could imagine the amount of stress you must be in, I also believe what goes around comes around and I'm sure you'd help out anyone else in this community if they were in the same situation.

All I ask for in return is your TO wisdom to help me organise my own Smash tourney in the near future, you've already taught me so much, but I'm sure there's a lot more I need to learn. Also, it would be awesome to have you there on the day to manage stuff as well.
Heaps keen on helping man, maybe you can start stepping up at upcoming events so you can start to get real hands on exp first? I'll make it happen at the next event

JKTS

Smash Cadet
#Mango@ButtonSmash
Actually, if we're already paying for someone to fly in, I don't see why we can't get someone to stay for a while and do a few tournaments all up the east coast. That would probably draw in more donor money. Assuming there's someone who's willing to come down for 2-3 weeks.

Edit: It would also encourage interstate travel. A pack of 20 smashers all traveling together with 1 or 2 pros would be sweg.

Last edited:

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Actually, if we're already paying for someone to fly in, I don't see why we can't get someone to stay for a while and do a few tournaments all up the east coast. That would probably draw in more donor money. Assuming there's someone who's willing to come down for 2-3 weeks.

Edit: It would also encourage interstate travel. A pack of 20 smashers all traveling together with 1 or 2 pros would be sweg.
I was thinking that too, but it might be hard to find people to stay for 3 weeks. I don't think Mango would either because of his family :(

Anders

Smash Rookie
$20 mm at the next meet? Don't play Falcon though. It sort of goes against the whole donation thing if I take your money.

Wouldn't mind a bit of coaching after if you're up for it.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
$20 mm at the next meet? Don't play Falcon though. It sort of goes against the whole donation thing if I take your money.

Wouldn't mind a bit of coaching after if you're up for it.
You coming to rmit on the 12th?

Top Bottom