• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery time glitch in training

cachelak

Smash Rookie
I noticed that the recovery time Olimar has when changing game speed in training does not scale with the time change. Say Olimar normally has 3 seconds before entering free-fall without pikmin with his up B. If you set the time to 1/4x speed, Olimar will still have only 3 real time seconds, though a quarter of game time elapsed.

Does this happen with other characters? This was a frustrating discovery when trying to test out some tech with Olimar.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
It's an interesting glitch to be honest. For sure it's a code glitch.

Did you find something useful with your research :D? If so, please share it with us :).

Dattoking

Smash Rookie
I was already aware of the up-b becoming alot shorter when slowing down the game speed, but now that you brought it up, my mind turned to Bayonetta's Witch Time.

So after a bit of testing, I can conclude that Witch Time wont shorten the up-b at all.

The tests I made:
  • Had Bayonetta Witch Time a latched on Pikmin at the same time as I used up-b. I made the same distance as normally.
  • Had Bayonetta Witch Time a latched on Pikmin in the middle of the up-b. Still made the normal distance.
  • Repeated with 2 and 3 Pikmin for the same results.

My guess is that the timer for the up-b duration is separated from the game speed and just tied to the move itself. Because of that, the timer isn't slowed down by slowing down the game speed and thus ends relatively faster when the game runs slower (and makes a shorter distance as a result). However, a move like Witch time which directly affects a character (and it's moves) slows down the timer aswell, thus extends the duration of the up-b and let's it go the same distance.

So no need to worry about getting instantly sent into freefall if a Bayo Witch Times a Pikmin while you are recovering. :D

Top Bottom