• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Options

Skootarius

Smash Cadet
Alright, so with recent changes to Took Link in 3.5 the most drastic change (maybe apart from his Nair) is his recovery which in my opinion received both a buff or nerf depending on your play level. On the one hand, you have auto-bomb-jumping (Bomb-Jumping that does not require AGT). This makes his recovery easier to preform, and more difficult to mess up. This is a buff to the newer player, but to the experienced AGT fanatic like myself who can't seem to throw a bomb without it, it's a pretty sizable nerf. In my experience thus far with the new version bomb jumping over a distance is harder given the diminishing returns of the AGT. SO!!!!! With that said...

What creative ways have you all come up with to improve (vertical or horizontal), or mix up, Toon Link's Recovery. Between Bomb Jumping, Areal Glide Tossing, Tethers, wall jumps, and a reasonably hard to edge-guard Up-B, I still think Tink's recovery is one of the most versatile in the game so experiment and let me know what you come up with.

Skootarius

Smash Cadet
Well the old way is the AGT up and then Up-B into the bomb, but the timing was a little strict. Since the change to the bomb velocity and distance changed though if you AGT and then Up-B to hit it, you'll hit the bomb pretty early so you don't get the same distance as you would the old way. This means that you'll get diminishing returns on each bomb jump which brings his recovery down even more. That being said, the timing is not strict at all anymore. In fact you don't even need to AGT before you Up-B into the bomb, you can hit it straight out of jump. So it's sort of a buff in the since that it's much easier now, but also a nerf in the sense that you can't get the same sort of distance (at least not in a way that I've found so far).

OgReAggressive

Smash Cadet
So basically if you get fast enough at the inputs you can still recover effectively just not as far. Its kind of good thing though, it allows for new Tink mains get an effective recovery option. I know when I started to play him the task of AGT in a match was daunting but this makes it less so. But on the other hand for someone like Sora who has crazy AGT skill this is gonna throw of his game for a bit probably.

Girth94

Smash Cadet
Something I've found is bomb pull -> AGT up throw up -> double jump -> instant toss up throw up -> up-b into bomb -> SDI/ASDI up -> up-b. Just don't fastfall the bomb pull and don't waste your double jump if you've got tap jump on (which all Tinks should have on for spin OoS).

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure you can pull off a bomb jump without double jump via agt up. maybe it's not as good as 3.02 (didn't play tink back then.) but I think it's still very usable.

Young link had this trick where he would throw a bomb at the wall and tech the explosion (it made him slide up a littlebit.) in Melee
I don't know if anything like this exists here.

another thing. Exactly when can you wall jump? I always SD when I try to wall jump

Top Bottom