• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovering with dolphin slash.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
In smash 4 you could force dolphin slash to snap the ledge by quickly tilting the stick towards the ledge. It would work at almost any distance, even a little beyond point blank if you were fast enough on the followup tilt, but in this game I seem to get ledge snaps almost at random with dolphin slash unless I space it at max distance. Is there a new way to snap, does the old trick just not apply to dolphin slash, or am I just bad? lol

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I've found that it doesn't snap if you're far enough away horizontally at anything closer than near-max or max vertical range (again, when you're far enough away horizontally). It is an issue I have sometimes too. Maybe we'll find tricks and tips about DS or learn more about why it doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I need to practice with this because I'm tired of eating fully charged fsmashes recovering.

Top Bottom