• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovering from above

"Scorp"

Smash Rookie
Not sure how to ground myself when i'm recovering from above.

Currently I try to mess with the opponents timing with fast fall nairs or dairs, but this rarely works in my favor against veteran players.

Bomb jumping in 'random' spots seems to do the trick sometimes too, but I've had mixed success with this.
Is there anything more technical that I can use? Perhaps i'm not airdodging enough.

Keen to see how you guys recover. Cheers

Last edited:

HolePuncher

Smash Rookie
I do generally the same thing. Use a mix up of bombs and ff timing before coming down with a nair. I tend to use nair instead of dair because the hitbox comes out faster.

I've seen some of the top samus players just DI off stage and then tether to the ledge rather than try to challenge on the way down.

Either way you look at it, this scenario is a bad one for samus and there's no simple solution.

Top Bottom