• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recently changed main, need some tips

Kor_Hey_1

Smash Cadet
So I played mainly falco but now play Marth.

I have a unsually opinion for puff marth up because I think Marth is better against puff than falco :
- you can use sword length to stop wall of pain
- There is no up throw rest
- there some tricks like f-throw regrab, f-throw tipper, tipper from under platform...

So, in puff match up, does puff can DI to not be regrab after a f-throw? Is there some % where f-trhow regrab is garanted if you adjust on the DI?

Do Marth have a invicible ledge dash? If yes, what is the timing? I just feel like you have to wait a little after the double jump to do you wave land but I don't think I'm invicible.

In neutral I don't like to jump to attack because I feel like I will be easily punished. Usually I altern between spacing d-tilt, u-tilt and first hit side B and DD bait to grab.

Against spacies, at very low percents, I feel like if he DI behind me, I can't regrab. I know you can't regrab falco at 0%. But at like 3%, if spacies DI behind me, I just don't regrab them. Need I more training?

Any basic tips for Sheik match up? I don't like this one, sometimes I feel like I may just play falco against her.

Is it possible de chaingrab c.falcon like fox and falco? he's a fast faller and I sometimes get regrab but it feels different.

Sorry for bad English, not a native speaker. Thx all for reading.

Last edited:

ridemyboat

Smash Apprentice
So I played mainly falco but now play Marth.

I have a unsually opinion for puff marth up because I think Marth is better against puff than falco :
- you can use sword length to stop wall of pain
- There is no up throw rest
- there some tricks like f-throw regrab, f-throw tipper, tipper from under platform...

So, in puff match up, does puff can DI to not be regrab after a f-throw? Is there some % where f-trhow regrab is garanted if you adjust on the DI?

Do Marth have a invicible ledge dash? If yes, what is the timing? I just feel like you have to wait a little after the double jump to do you wave land but I don't think I'm invicible.

In neutral I don't like to jump to attack because I feel like I will be easily punished. Usually I altern between spacing d-tilt, u-tilt and first hit side B and DD bait to grab.

Against spacies, at very low percents, I feel like if he DI behind me, I can't regrab. I know you can't regrab falco at 0%. But at like 3%, if spacies DI behind me, I just don't regrab them. Need I more training?

Any basic tips for Sheik match up? I don't like this one, sometimes I feel like I may just play falco against her.

Is it possible de chaingrab c.falcon like fox and falco? he's a fast faller and I sometimes get regrab but it feels different.

Sorry for bad ENglish, not a native speaker. Thx all for reading.
You should take a look at Kadano's perfect marth thread, these are all answered in there.

You can turn around regrab fox at low percent, but not Falco if he di's in. Puff can di to not be regrabbed after fthrow, so mix it up with dthrow. It works until about 35%. Marth does have a little bit of grounded actionable ledge intangibilitity following ledgedash, but not much. Maybe 5 frames?

http://smashboards.com/threads/kadanos-perfect-marth-class-advanced-frame-data-application.337035/

thf24

Smash Cadet

You can fthrow->regrab at very low percent if they DI poorly, not sure if it's ever guaranteed. However, there are many guaranteed options on Puff off fthrow. Check Kadano's thread for details.

Yes but it's extremely tight to get any invincibility whatsoever. Check Kadano's thread for the exact frames.

You're on the right track here. Your grounded options should be your base, with aerials as mixups, depending on the matchup. Use utilt sparingly though, it's very punishable on whiff. Study specific matchups for more info here.

You can turn around regrab Fox at 0%, it's just tight. Falco you need 7% I believe. If you don't trust your reactions, you can fthrow->regrab to 10% (do this with Falco regardless, obviously).

Dtilt is your best friend in this matchup. Jump very sparingly, and never approach with nair. Dthrow/fthrow tech chase to 20%, then you can get a guaranteed utilt. At that point, you want to get her and keep her in the air because she has no good ways to come down against Marth. Check out matchup guides for more tips. It's a hard matchup, but arguably a winning one if you're patient and press your advantages (grounded neutral).

There is no true chain grab on Falcon. You can get regrabs at a small percent range (not sure what this is, maybe 20-30?) if they DI badly, but that's it. Dthrow/fthrow tech chase to 40%, then utilt is your best bet.

Sorry for bad English, not a native speaker. Thx all for reading.

Last edited:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Try buffering the turnaround by holding back during the u-throw animation, then hitting Z at the right time.

Top Bottom